ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool opportunity here. Makes me wish I was a better ballstriker!

Awesome opportunity here!

Just went through the review thread. The looks on these are stunning. Cant wait to hear the testers thoughts on the performance on these. This’ll be a good one.

Very cool contest! According to the Wilson website, I have four AI fit locations within 15 minutes of home.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Srixon ZX7/5 MKii combo set.

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
I love the size and shape of these clubs. I have a long history with Wilson Staff irons having my first set as Wilson Staff Patty Berg Signatures(1975). I played the Pi5’s, FG V2’s, and FG Tour 100’s from about 2003 through 2017. Wilson Staff’s often have a clean look that pleases my eye and these are no exception.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? ZX5 MKii 4-6 irons, ZX7 Mkii 7-PW. Dynamic Gold AMT White S300.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Epon AF 705
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Just about everything: smaller profile, forged players distance iron, power hole construction in the long to mid irons, AI technology
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-G, Nippon NS PRO 950 but looking to make a move to graphite.

This is so freakin cool. Good Luck to all.

This looks like an amazing and fun opportunity for some THPers.

Good luck y'all!!

1. Which irons do you currently play? - Srixon ZX5

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? - Players Distance irons with a soft forged feel, accuracy, enhanced forgiveness, and distance. What else could you want from an iron?!

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-PW, AW with Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105, stiff, +1 inch length, standard lie
and loft

I currently play Ping G MAX irons.
I seen to have lost a lot of distance with these irons. I'm hoping to get some back with the forged irons.
My current set is Ping G Max 4-9, W, U and S. I hit two hybrids, Callaway three wood and Callaway driver. They all have graphite shafts.
I live in Manhattan Kansas, but will drive to a fitting place.

1. Which irons do you currently play. 2020 Cobra King Forge Tec and Titleist T200

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you. Lots to love about this club. The fact that is a players distance head packaged into a more compact size. Heel to toe it is amazingly compact. Topline and sole are both nicely done. Power hole 3.0 intrigues me in the way they can manipulate CG and MOI. It’s also a club that blends well into my other players distance sets.

3. What is current iron set makeup and shaft. KFTs are 5-pw with Rapid Taper 95r shafts. T200s are 4-GW with KBS TGI 85s.

I have been dying to try those.

Currently play Callaway Apex DCBs , 5-AW with Recoil Dart 65 F3 shafts.
Also play 1-10, PW, SW with a proprietary boron shaft Yonex ADX Tour semi CB blades at the cottage.

I have always been a forged club player. A somewhat forgiving but workable iron is on my shopping list. While I like the ease of launch with the DCB, especially on gonky back days, every time it's windy I want an iron capable of more shotmaking. easier to hold into a cross breeze, knock down, or shape as desired.
It sounds like this Wilson may have a good combination of forgiveness and shotmaking capability. They had caught my eye before this opportunity, in fact I started a thread expressing my interest in these a while back. Both because of the specs, and because they are drop dead gorgeous in pictures. I just haven't seen them in the wild to really see if they can rekindle the flames of my old Wilson love affairs of the 80s and 90s.

I'm in. Wilson was my 2nd set of Irons when I started playing, my 1st Cavity Back.
1. Irons I play are Srizon ZX5.
2. Forged, what seems to me to be a compact players Club, and a bit of Muscle Back like my 5s seems like it would be the perfect comparison. Looks like these would be easy to Work as my 5s.
3. A-7 ZX5s w/Modus 105s
6 U85 w/Modus 105
5-3 U85s w/Recoil 95 f4
Fittings no trouble, +1/4 and my fitters 5min away to bend them. Would love to pay extra for Graphite but looks like not avail and I would need to compare Apples to apples even though it's KBS

1. Which irons do you currently play? Ben Hogan PTx Pro
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? AI Designed Variable Fce Thickness would provide a huge benefit to me. Faster ball speeds across the face and enhanced forgivness are definitely two things my less than stellar iron ball striking could use.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5 - PW with UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

1. Which irons do you currently play?

Wilson D7

Love Wilson line, My current aren't forged and believe Dynapower would be a nice upgrade.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?

Playing 6 thru GW all with Recoils Reg at 65g

Thanks for opportunity. Good Luck All.

Here goes

Mizuno 225 5-G and a 4 Fli hi
Two things power holes which may help me with thin shots; A/I face for better results if not in the sweet spot.
5-G UST Mamiya DART 75 Regular 4 Fli hi also with same DART 75 shaft. All +1/2 inch and 1 degree up.

Good luck everyone and thanks THP and Wilson.

Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway CF-19
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Compact forged player distance iron, my previous irons were the Wilson FG Tour V4 and before that Wilson Staff RM midsize forged. Love Wilson irons! Plenty of Wilson AI Centers near me too.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-AW Recoil 95 S

Last edited:
I love the opportunities that THP provides to users.

Cobra King Tour MIM

I'm always intrigued by the players distance irons, but have feared the lower loft and lower spin that has typically been a problem for my swing. Their highlighted feature of "low center of gravity and high MOI." The low center of gravity should help increase my ball flight (combats the lower spin and loft fear). With my current mid ball flight additional height is greatly desired to get some added distance.

5i-PW with KBS Tour V X-Stiff shafts

I currently play Tour Edge Exotics E723 irons, and had been playing Mizuno T-Zoid Pros.
I would love to get the Wilson's side-by-side with the game-improvement irons I have to see how they compare. Also, moving back to a head with a smaller profile, and forged face that's still designed to help improve ball speed would be great.
On top of all that, I'm pretty sure these sticks would turn some heads. Pretty stylish.
I play 5-PW with a standard lie, and KBS Tour shafts (Stiff +1").

Deaf left handed. 90s. 15 handicap

1. Which irons do you currently play? Left handed Taylormade RBZ
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Forgiveness and distance. Hope build my score. More birdies/pars yes please!
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play. 3-P
Taylormade Rocketfuel 65 R Flex Graphite 2013

Pick me, pick me.
Wilson CB

Players Distance is a good category for a lot of amateurs.

Wilson CB with KBS $ Reg

1) Titleist combo t200/t150

2) I've seen the use of AI with Callaway, so with irons Im looking for the same thing. Wilson states it's compact but forgiving so anything that suits my eye and continues to push the bounds of forgiveness I'm all for.

3) 4-PW w/axiom 125x shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back