Looking For Testers: UST Mamiya Recoil DART 90 and 105 Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing. Who wants to be the first to test UST Mamiya Recoil DART 90 and 105 shafts?

recoil-dart-home-1-1024x494.jpeg

UST Mamiya Recoil DART
DART stands for Dual Action Recoil Technology and it is coming after years of development and testing. Getting into the technical weeds for a bit, DART is designed to optimize hoop stiffness in the critical areas of the shaft. In the flex zone of the shaft, you will find an increase in hoop dynamics bringing maximum energy transfer and better feel. In the tip section, the hoop stiffness is increased to stabilize and offer more consistency.

Last year UST Mamiya launched the new Recoil DART and immediately it became a popular choice for golfers. Yet many on the THP Forum were looking for heavier weight options. We have said they would be coming in 2023, but today you can test them early and review them for other golfers.

Criteria
We will select a group of FIVE THPers to test the Recoil DART 90 and 105 shafts
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.
You will be reviewing the shafts for 60 days and then they are yours to keep.

How to Signup
Answer these two questions in the comments below. Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test?
Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP?

We will announce the testers later this week. If you want to learn more about UST Mamiya Recoil DART or any of the shafts they offer, check out their website at www.ustmamiya.com.

Continue reading...

I'd assume it is up to the testers to get all their irons re-shafted once the Recoil DARTS are received correct?

• Admin
I'd assume it is up to the testers to get all their irons re-shafted once the Recoil DARTS are received correct?
That is correct

Very cool. Looks like these are for .370 heads? I see they offer taper tip custom orders, but is that an option here?

• Admin
Very cool. Looks like these are for .370 heads? I see they offer taper tip custom orders, but is that an option here?
No sir, since we are so early in testing we will be running with standard options

Oh wow…here is an awesome testing opportunity. I’m going to watch from the sidelines and hopefully learn some things about golf shafts.

Ooh nice!! I really liked @Golfers Anonymous recoils I hit a few weeks ago.

Answer these two questions in the comments below. Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test?
90 F3

Absolutely can.

Very exciting! I am playing the Cobra OL Ltdx irons and would love to give these UST Mamiya Recoil DART iron shafts a good trial! I would be utilizing the 90 weight F4 stiff shafts. I would love the opportunity to review them and answer questions daily here on THP. It would be an honor.

Last edited:
Another great opportunity!!
I can't wait to see what people think of these shafts.

So cool! I'm in as these would be a great fit I believe in my Apex!

Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test? 105 F4
Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? Absotutelutely!

Good luck to all who enter!!!

Amazing opportunity here for many THPers played the 75’s previously and can’t wait for these to come out. I’ll throw my hat in the ring as I love their products. I’d love to test the 90’s in F3 in these as it would be great comparison to my current Recoil 95 F3’s, and I’d be able to report on these daily. As well as I have a few 75 blanks laying around.

This is awesome. After Danny told me that heavier versions of the DARTs would be coming at the Rivalry, I was really interested to learn more. Would love to test these against my Recoil Protos.

I would choose the 90 F4.
Can certainly provide feedback and answer questions daily.

Good luck all! Love my recoil Protos! If your on the fence you should definitely sign up!

This is sweet. I’d love to test the 105 f4’s and have just enough time left in the season to do it.

After hitting these in @JB clubs hell yes!
105 F4 or maybe F3🤔
Absolutely!

Last edited:
Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test? 90 in F3 Flex
Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? Absolutely

Thanks for the awesome opportunity THP and UST!

I fat fingered my first comment before answering question two. Now I can’t seem to comment again so 1 more try.

105 F4 and I can absolutely be on everyday to answer questions and chat

Tell us which weight (90 or 105) 90 F3

Oh yeah...but maybe off season soon after I'd receive them

This is awesome!! I have been looking forward to the Recoil Dart in these weights being released. I would be all over this except for being on the DL at the moment. I really look forward to the feedback from everyone here!

Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test? 105 in F4 Flex
Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? Yes

Excited for the opportunity and to hear from the reviewers.

Tell us which weight (90 or 105) and flex (F3, F4, F5) you would like to test? 105 F4

Are you able to review and answer questions daily or close on THP? Yes, I can test them against Recoil 110’s

Awesome opportunity, looking forward to this follow!

I couldnt do this one justice with our season almost over unfortunately.:(

I’m going with 90 f3 I’m here everyday so reviewing and answering questions is not a problem.

Last edited:
Back