Lots of Opinions on "The Next Tiger"

B_Loock

Reaction score
Handicap
So, having read a bunch of threads, and various other sites that talk about the up and coming young golfers, there are so many different opinions about who will become the next golfer to beat.

Lots of ideas point to guys like Rory for obvious reasons. He's young, very good, aggressive, and learns from his mistakes quickly.

I have seen names like Jason Day, Snedeker, Ricky Fowler, etc.

So I ask those experts we have here on The Hackers Paradise, who do you put at the top of the stack? Who will become 'unbeatable'? or Will anyone stand out as that guy that everyone is chasing ALL Season, or for multiple years.

Personally, I really like Rory. Reasons stated above, and because he's fun to watch. Hopefully there won't be any long term ligament damage from his 'root shot'.

There will never be another tiger. Too many good young players for just one to dominate

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

So, having read a bunch of threads, and various other sites that talk about the up and coming young golfers, there are so many different opinions about who will become the next golfer to beat..

There are other golf sites with forums? Never bothered to find another golf forum to go to. Sounds like a waste of time.

There will never be another Tiger. Ever. There may be other great golfers, but none like Tiger. Just like there is never going to be another Jordan, Gretzky, Muhammad Ali, or Nicklaus. Those levels of greatness will never be equaled.

I think there will be someone better someday, but he may not be born yet. Every generation has had someone above everyone else. It will happen again, but not sure he has shown up yet.

This has been brought up many times here at THP. I am of the opinion that that next big thing has probably not even been born yet.

I will still say Dustin Johnson. If ths guy keeps going and gets everything in sync he will be unstoppable! But you cant forget about Keegan Bradley! This kid amazes me!

You guys are all funny. They said there would never be another Jack either. And before that, we heard there will never be another Arnie.

i think there def will be another tiger someday just not for a while. Def not playing right now. but i do LOVE the amount of talent and skill the current young players have.

The Japanese kid, Ishikawa, is still very young and is a phenomenal putter which is a big deal. If he can stay over here long enough to play enough to get used to the conditions and the food and all he could become a force on tour, maybe not quite as dominant as Tiger or Jack but still good. Not sure he is the Next Big Thing in golf but he is going to be good. I agree that the 'next great one' has probably not been born yet. Look for the offspring of Rory M and his future wife whoever that is (his tennis star girlfriend?) to be a potential next great one. That timing is more what I would expect to see based on how seldom these stars come along. Rory himself could be it though, he is a great player already and getting better every week it seems.

For pure golf talent, "never say never" is probably a good statement. At some point in the future someone will step up to dominate.

However, I don't think anyone will have the impact on the game that Tiger had - good or bad. He generated a "buzz," for the game, and got more people out on the course playing - for better or worse. Arnie and Jack got the general public interested in golf, increased prize money, etc..., but I'm not sure they got as many people interested in taking up the game as Tiger did. Just my opinion of course!

For pure golf talent, "never say never" is probably a good statement. At some point in the future someone will step up to dominate.

However, I don't think anyone will have the impact on the game that Tiger had - good or bad. He generated a "buzz," for the game, and got more people out on the course playing - for better or worse. Arnie and Jack got the general public interested in golf, increased prize money, etc..., but I'm not sure they got as many people interested in taking up the game as Tiger did. Just my opinion of course!

Im wondering how much you remember Arnie? Arnold Palmer brought golf to the public. Its arguable that he did more than Tiger in that regards, because of the way it was not broadcast on any tv before for the most part.

I think there will be someone better someday, but he may not be born yet. Every generation has had someone above everyone else. It will happen again, but not sure he has shown up yet.

+1...he or she hasnt been born yet.

Kongfrontation

You guys are all funny. They said there would never be another Jack either. And before that, we heard there will never be another Arnie.

I'm saying right now. Way too much young talent

I definitely think there will be another dominant player...there almost has to be, for the sake of the sport. I don't think there is anyone in the current crop of young players with the potential to dominate in a way remotely close to Tiger, however.

I'm guessing we're about 5-7 years from discovering the next superstar. Kids that grew up watching Tiger and want to emulate his game will be up and coming. More and more natural athletes will turn to golf. Imagine if Gary Woodland and focused exclusively on golf in his teens.

Guys like Gary, Dustin are just showing kids they can play other sports and excel at golf. A guy like TW or Jack IMO is about 20 yrs away.
I say this cuz TW was 10 when Jack win at Augusta for the last time. TW is 11 years from 46. So the next big thing should be born next year, by this logic. Or is a few years old.

Kongfrontation

We have seen your predictions. This makes a lot of sense.
Ok well who ran away this year like tiger did in his prime. It's ok ill wait

Ok well who ran away this year like tiger did in his prime. It's ok ill wait

Huh? What has one year to do with a generation? Does that mean when Johnny Unitas retired and there was not a dominant QB the next year, there would never be another one? WHOOPS!
Or wait, how about when Jack retired and there was not a dominant player the next year, there would never be another one? WHOOPS!

Im going out on a limb and guessing you were not alive or old enough to remember them during either of their prime runs.

Huh? What has one year to do with a generation? Does that mean when Johnny Unitas retired and there was not a dominant QB the next year, there would never be another one? WHOOPS!
Or wait, how about when Jack retired and there was not a dominant player the next year, there would never be another one? WHOOPS!

Im going out on a limb and guessing you were not alive or old enough to remember them during either of their prime runs.

I'm saying as of right now, I don't see anyone being the next tiger. Down the road who knows. I'm talking current pga tour players.

There will never be another tiger. Too many good young players for just one to dominate

I'm saying as of right now, I don't see anyone being the next tiger. Down the road who knows. I'm talking current pga tour players.

Ummm Okay.

I meant right now that's why I said so many good young players. The op stated names of current players so I assumed he meant present.

I don't know why when someone has a different opinion then you, you have to jump all over them .

Reactions: JB
I meant right now that's why I said so many good young players. The op stated names of current players so I assumed he meant present.

I don't know why when someone has a different opinion then you, you have to jump all over them .

Simmer down dude. Your exact words were "There will never be another tiger". Obviously your definition of NEVER and mine are different.
Nobody is jumping down your throat. Why is it that anytime someone disagrees with you, you get all defensive and attack? Good lord, either settle down or move along. People are allowed to disagree all the time without it turning into a defensive thing like you pulled in the outing thread.

Simmer down dude. Your exact words were "There will never be another tiger". Obviously your definition of NEVER and mine are different.
Nobody is jumping down your throat. Why is it that anytime someone disagrees with you, you get all defensive and attack? Good lord, either settle down or move along. People are allowed to disagree all the time without it turning into a defensive thing like you pulled in the outing thread.

No only when u call me out in every thread. There is a discussion In the football thread that I'm not getting defensive

Back