Mitsubishi Diamana WB Shaft Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What better way was there to celebrate TWENTY years of Diamana than for Mitsubishi Golf to bring back the White Board? That alone would have been enough to turn heads and perk up ears, but for the 6th generation version of the Diamana WB they have also brought back the legendary surfboard and flower band graphics. Rest assured though, this is not a rehash as the 6th Gen features all new materials and technology within that classic look.

See full article...

Great review @Jman

Looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh and having a swing.

A

I like the results but there are a few offerings a good bit cheaper that can produce the same. I know everything cost more and this is the Mitsu “flagship” but I’m not sure that gets it done to the paying customer like it did at one point.

I love everything about this one. I was a Diamana user back in the day and it hits on some nostalgia. Combine that with modern tech and a shaft line that feels really good. I want to spend more time with WB 53

Been waiting for this review to pop up. Not at all surprised that the numbers were what they were.

Solid review James

Love that this shaft is alive again. Great to see they kept the WB in it's low/low home.

Great review @Jman . I wholeheartedly agree with you that the shaft looks stunning. I would really like to try out a WB53 in stiff to see how it compares to my current shaft. I have never hit a legendary Whiteboard so would be fun test.

This was a great piece @Jman

When it comes to looks, this is just a huge win for me. Beautiful design. I have a feeling that this was a really good choice for you on the course.

• Staff
I like the results but there are a few offerings a good bit cheaper that can produce the same. I know everything cost more and this is the Mitsu “flagship” but I’m not sure that gets it done to the paying customer like it did at one point.
Is there? Or are you just speaking on it being classified as a low/low? Because I can safely say in that realm I’m not sure I’ve experienced any that feel this way, while offering the downrange dispersion it does.

Again though, it’s about fit, if you were fit to one of these, you’d still seek an alternative?

This was a great piece @Jman

When it comes to looks, this is just a huge win for me. Beautiful design. I have a feeling that this was a really good choice for you on the course.
Thank you Hawk!

It’s been a lot of fun on the course, a lot. I still can’t get over the consistency I’ve seen for me, it’s what I’d expect out of the White Board historically, but in an entirely different feeling way.

I love everything about this one. I was a Diamana user back in the day and it hits on some nostalgia. Combine that with modern tech and a shaft line that feels really good. I want to spend more time with WB 53
That 53 intrigues the heck out of me.

I'd definitely love to give this a go. Nice write up.

Is there? Or are you just speaking on it being classified as a low/low? Because I can safely say in that realm I’m not sure I’ve experienced any that feel this way, while offering the downrange dispersion it does.

Again though, it’s about fit, if you were fit to one of these, you’d still seek an alternative?
I agree that it’s individualized (we could hit 20 products and have a completely reversed thought process) but the offerings from UST and a couple others are really strong.

If it won the fitting and it was clearly best for me I’d pay for it ONLY if it was completely clear. If it’s possible I test them the next day and the results flip I wouldn’t. (Not sure how to word it really)

A whiteboard with no boardy feel? Sign me up! I love the design of this shaft.

That 53 intrigues the heck out of me.
I’ve been in the 8F5 for so long I don’t know how well I would adjust to that. Sounds fun though.

I agree that it’s individualized (we could hit 20 products and have a completely reversed thought process) but the offerings from UST and a couple others are really strong.

If it won the fitting and it was clearly best for me I’d pay for it ONLY if it was completely clear. If it’s possible I test them the next day and the results flip I wouldn’t. (Not sure how to word it really)
The offerings from everyone are strong to be fair, extremely strong, but I get your brand allegiance given the experience you were in. However, it doesn’t mean they all do the same thing the same way.

A whiteboard with no boardy feel? Sign me up! I love the design of this shaft.
The amount of carbon combined with the lowering of Resin through the Xlink really seems like voodoo when it comes to the feel.

This is what has settled into my driver for a longer run than just a review, I’ve had a lot of other reviews ongoing too so I’m excited to get out today with the DS LS and new WB for a round!

Nice review @Jman as it really is a great shaft. If I wasn't so comfortable with the TR, this would have been my gamer for sure. It really checks all the boxes and feels so (for a lack of better words) complete.

Awesome review James. Love the looks of the shaft and with you noting consistency and smooth feel numerous times, this shaft certainly appears to be an awesome option for those it fits. The review certainly has me pumped about getting my Diamana in hand next month.

great review!!

I've contemplated trying a 50g x/tx shaft for a few years now and this one really catches my eye

Great review of these @Jman! I can’t wait to get to Ballyhack next month and get the 53 into my driver. Those results are fantastic looking.

I was going to ask you how this compared to the other shafts you’ve been using. Pretty big statement if it’s going to stay in the bag longer than just testing period.
This is what has settled into my driver for a longer run than just a review, I’ve had a lot of other reviews ongoing too so I’m excited to get out today with the DS LS and new WB for a round!

Played the whiteboard for years a while back. It was super straight.

Would love to try it again sometime. Plus the matte black color would look super in a darkspeed.

Might have to try one of these out. Great review!

IMG_6763.jpegIMG_6764.jpegPlayed the whiteboard for years a while back. It was super straight.

Would love to try it again sometime. Plus the matte black color would look super in a darkspeed.
It does.

Back