Miura MC-501 The Modern Blade

ChristopherKee

Reaction score
Just seen this on my twitter feed. Loving the look.

DT2S2I9VoAAVqhG.jpg:large

Very un-Miura looking to me.

I'd hit the heck out of them, but not what I expected.

seems like a departure from what i associate with miura's classic lines. initial reaction is not very positive, but should withhold judgment until i see them in person. not that i'll ever buy a set of miuras.

Yeah I wish I could still play a blade. But why make the game harder than it already is? :act-up:

Kind of has a Callaway Apex MB 2014 look to it.

irons-2014-apex-mb____1.png

Looks a tad familiar. And that isnt a bad thing.

bridgestone-tour-b-x-blade-iron-img_2_.png

Pretty...and that's some mass behind the sweet spot.

I like the more modern look. I mean, I'd swing em. I don't have the game now to, but I'd still move some turf tryin.

Stunning.....would like to hit that to see how that mass in the back impact distance. Like the look.

Can you expand on your comments a bit more? Just want to make sure I understand the point. Have you tested these clubs? IMO, they look great! Thanks.

That is beautiful.

And I've got a CB-1008 demo 6i in my hands..... that blade... wow... lots of mass behind the sweetspot if you can hit it consistently. But my miss is towards the toe, so i am out.... lol.

Last edited:
Pretty sweet looking, but they do remind me of the other blades already mentioned...not that that is a bad thing.

They do look a little more modern than I am used to seeing from Miura but don't necessarily think it is a bad thing.

Many of you would be surprised at how playable modern blades actually are.

Price points are another story though.

Most simplified chrome blades look good to me, usually. This is no different.

Same here. I saw them on Instagram earlier I thought the samething. I'm not sold on the look but I'm not turned off of them either. I would definitely put them thru the paces if I got my hands on them

Last edited:
Miura MC-501 The Modern Blade

Especially the z965 you’re playing, I would say 965 is the perfect size for a modern blade and has tungsten help in the long irons.

This Miura MC-501 has potential though. Looks like a pretty wide sole with GC low everywhere and behind the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I dig it. In would mishit the hell out of those.

They do look a little more modern than I am used to seeing from Miura but don't necessarily think it is a bad thing.

Agree completely. The look is modern yet still sexy and I'm sure center face shots feel amazing. They don't tempt me to ditch my 765's, however!

Saw those earlier, absolutely beautiful.

yeah those are freaking hot. I really dig a lot of the Miura stuff.

Id be interested to here which sets you count as a modern blade and why you think they are more playable to amateur golfers. Because I am kind of surprised at this comment.

Id be interested to here which sets you count as a modern blade and why you think they are more playable to amateur golfers. Because I am kind of surprised at this comment.
Agreed. Blades will always be the most demanding iron out there by design, it just is what it is.

Back