Miyazaki Launches Dromos

right, so in your opinion what are the differences between the 3 lines?

I cant really offer a huge difference yet in terms of numbers comparing the three because ironically I have not put them side by side in the same head on the monitor. But to me, Kusala was the Miyazaki standard. Incredible feel, smooth shaft, and awesome all around performance. C. Kua kept most of those features and went with a lighter trend. Dromos seems to me more like the Kusala in terms of performance and feel, but is made specifically for adjustable drivers.

that makes perfect sense!

I cant really offer a huge difference yet in terms of numbers comparing the three because ironically I have not put them side by side in the same head on the monitor. But to me, Kusala was the Miyazaki standard. Incredible feel, smooth shaft, and awesome all around performance. C. Kua kept most of those features and went with a lighter trend. Dromos seems to me more like the Kusala in terms of performance and feel, but is made specifically for adjustable drivers.

that does make sense, even though you haven't really conducted a side by side comparison, i'm not sure that you even have to. i guess the good thing is that there's 3 lines, all of which can be fit to a tee to the individual. i like that.

Voila! I ran over to the office to check this out on a real computer and there was my answer (yes I like THP so much I go to work on my day off to get a fix). These are intriguing to say the least, I'm definetly looking forward to some results from your testing and the outting if these are available. Now if I can find an interchangable Str8fit adapter :beat-up:

Can you see the pictures in the 1st post SW FLA? I think there are some pretty good details as to why in those.

Voila! I ran over to the office to check this out on a real computer and there was my answer (yes I like THP so much I go to work on my day off to get a fix). These are intriguing to say the least, I'm definetly looking forward to some results from your testing and the outting if these are available. Now if I can find an interchangable Str8fit adapter :beat-up:

looks like someone else skimmed! hehe

No, I caught that part, but available for me and my Nike sticks vs available for you folks with those dandy TM clubs are two different things. I've tried and tried the R9 but I can't find one I can get off the freaking dirt or send sky high and dead left, and left for me is a weird place :act-up:

looks like someone else skimmed! hehe

When should we expect Miyazaki release Dromos line? Will it be around same time as Srixon Z-STAR driver release date in March? I may do a personal comparison by putting another Miyazaki shaft on my R9 Supertri. I was planning to test 2 shafts this Spring (Miayazaki Silver vs Oban Devotion) now it could be 3 shafts in the play. I absolutely love the new artistic design and it is specifically designed for adjustable driver is awesome.

This is the best looking Miyazaki to date. I suppose my question is if/when you do a fitting for the Miyazaki shaft and you get your international flex code number, how do you know if you should be gaming the dromos, kusala, or the c. Kua? I suppose since I'm gaming the supertri it would be the dromos but does the fitting suggest not only the code but what line?

When should we expect Miyazaki release Dromos line? Will it be around same time as Srixon Z-STAR driver release date in March? I may do a personal comparison by putting another Miyazaki shaft on my R9 Supertri. I was planning to test 2 shafts this Spring (Miayazaki Silver vs Oban Devotion) now it could be 3 shafts in the play. I absolutely love the new artistic design and it is specifically designed for adjustable driver is awesome.

March. I would tell you that if it were me (and its not), to go into a shaft fitting with a completely open mind. By going in with 2 shafts that you want to test, you are essentially fitting yourself rather than having an expert fitter give you many to try and base it off of numbers. You may find out that a completely different shaft is perfect for your swing.

This is the best looking Miyazaki to date. I suppose my question is if/when you do a fitting for the Miyazaki shaft and you get your international flex code number, how do you know if you should be gaming the dromos, kusala, or the c. Kua? I suppose since I'm gaming the supertri it would be the dromos but does the fitting suggest not only the code but what line?

They will fit you based on the complete shaft. Code and shaft.

This is pretty exciting seeing Miyazaki step out with yet another solid performer. Sounds like some exciting things coming our way between the new Dromos and the online fitting system. I took a leap in faith, or a jab in the dark, in picking my Kusala 4433 and can honestly say it turned out way better than any shaft I've ever used. I had it spine aligned to the position I play my R9 the most. I can't wait to hear more, great things from Miyazaki.

March. I would tell you that if it were me (and its not), to go into a shaft fitting with a completely open mind. By going in with 2 shafts that you want to test, you are essentially fitting yourself rather than having an expert fitter give you many to try and base it off of numbers. You may find out that a completely different shaft is perfect for your swing.

They will fit you based on the complete shaft. Code and shaft.

I would agree with you wholeheartly if I could have get them fitted on the course or open driving range for these shafts. But, that wasn't possible so I got fitted over the phone by Miyazaki to determine the flex code as well as Oban.

I can't help but wonder if and when Miyazaki will make a shaft specifically for a hybrid? I can't see it being cost efficient to but one from their current line to fit my 09 Rescue's, but how cool would that be? The best buy right now would either be the new white Rescue or a Mashie, but the Dromos technology in an adjustable hybrid or 3 wood be be pretty unreal.

I can't help but wonder if and when Miyazaki will make a shaft specifically for a hybrid? I can't see it being cost efficient to but one from their current line to fit my 09 Rescue's, but how cool would that be? The best buy right now would either be the new white Rescue or a Mashie, but the Dromos technology in an adjustable hybrid or 3 wood be be pretty unreal.

They do right now, Duey. C Kua Hybrid shaft.

Hawk is right Duey. If you check out the Mashie testing thread you will see that their Hybrid shaft is getting rave reviews. It is also picking up a HUGE amount of steam on tour.

I guess I'd forgotten about the C Kua, but with the adjustable heads I would think this Dromos would be the cats meow, (sorry Gray, lol). I need to price the C Kua for my three wood I guess, I could always spine it for the setting I use like I did with my Kusala and R9.

Hawk is right Duey. If you check out the Mashie testing thread you will see that their Hybrid shaft is getting rave reviews. It is also picking up a HUGE amount of steam on tour.

I completely forgot about reading that, lol. As much as I love my Kusala this sounds like the weapon of choice.

I guess I'd forgotten about the C Kua, but with the adjustable heads I would think this Dromos would be the cats meow, (sorry Gray, lol). I need to price the C Kua for my three wood I guess, I could always spine it for the setting I use like I did with my Kusala and R9.

You can use the Dromos in a FW Wood.

I see what you are saying, Duey. You are looking for a 'spineless' hybrid shaft. Yes, that would be a cool addition for the adjustable hybrids. Good idea!

You can use the Dromos in a FW Wood.

Yea, but $300 for something to go in my old R9 3w just seem's a bit much, although thats what I did with my R9 driver, lol. Time will tell, but no mistaking that Miyazaki is a solid company thats here to stay.

I see what you are saying, Duey. You are looking for a 'spineless' hybrid shaft. Yes, that would be a cool addition for the adjustable hybrids. Good idea!

Keep in mind there are really SO FEW adjustable hybrids. I can only think of 1, maybe 2 right now.

Good point. I am kind of surprised at that too. Everyone wants to jump into the adjustable driver and we have adjustable putters, seems like the next step would be 3w and hybrids.

Very true. Personally, I love the C Kua hyrid shaft, but that's for another thread.

I can't wait to try these out. So stoked, my mind is racing with the possiblities (like OEM said, Dromos in the R11, that'd be SO sweet!! :D)

I see they are all mid launching shafts too. Very interesting. Lot's of technology packed into these shafts!

Very true. Personally, I love the C Kua hyrid shaft, but that's for another thread.

Oh, thats right, in your Mashie. I really like my Kusala blue and early word sounds like the Dromos is similar, so nothing but good has come out of this company so far. Just wish they had a few more fitting sites in North America, lol.

Oh, thats right, in your Mashie. I really like my Kusala blue and early word sounds like the Dromos is similar, so nothing but good has come out of this company so far. Just wish they had a few more fitting sites in North America, lol.

I agree that it would be nice to see them in more places, but I have a feeling that we will see more pop up over time. Miyazaki is still a very young brand (in the US) and it will take them time to get planted into some places.

Back