Mizuno MP-R12 wedges

Finally got a quick look at these in person the other day and they look great!

Yes they do. I was kinda pushed for time so i didn't get to hit them yet but I might go to the range today and hit a few balls with them. I love they way they look and i'm switching over to Mizuno irons so figured wedges needed to match as well. I wasn't a fan of the teardrop shaped so i'm glad they made the R-12 first.

I love they way they look and i'm switching over to Mizuno irons so figured wedges needed to match as well. I wasn't a fan of the teardrop shaped so i'm glad they made the R-12 first.
Pardon me for asking but why did you think that your irons and wedges needed to match? Im happy to see anyone switch to Mizunos but the thinking that your irons and wedges should match has never made sense to me.

I got to check these out in the flesh yesterday and they really are sharp. I want them I think.

Pardon me for asking but why did you think that your irons and wedges needed to match? Im happy to see anyone switch to Mizunos but the thinking that your irons and wedges should match has never made sense to me.

They don't need to match at all i'm just going to match mine for now. When I first saw these I had to have them. If it was the T version I would of never bought them cuz I don't like the look of them at all tbh. I love my RAC wedges and will hate to see them go but these Mizuno Wedges are sharp and the way their irons hit I didn't have to think long about the wedge decision. My old wedges didn't match my irons and i'll prolly never get a Mizuno Hybrid as most Mizuno people will tell you they don't make the best of them.

i'll prolly never get a Mizuno Hybrid as most Mizuno people will tell you they don't make the best of them.
Not sure what Mizuno people you are talking to. Most Mizuno people Ive talked to and even a lot of people who arent Mizuno fans love Mizuno's hybrids. Thats not to say that Mizuno makes the best hybrids but they are definetly right up there with the Mashie and any Adams or TM hybrid.

Not sure what Mizuno people you are talking to. Most Mizuno people Ive talked to and even a lot of people who arent Mizuno fans love Mizuno's hybrids. Thats not to say that Mizuno makes the best hybrids but they are definetly right up there with the Mashie and any Adams or TM hybrid.

That came from my head pro which came from his Mizuno Rep, or it might of been the FW i can't remember. We were talking about it one day. I love my R7 driver and will never get rid of it. It will be hard to replace it in my bag and it might be in there for a few more years. I rarely hit my 3w but its a nice Sonartec that is automatic. I love my TM hybrid, i call it the fairway finder. Irons should be in soon which will be MP-59 4 and 5 iron and MP-69 6-pw. Putter is Never Compromise. I do a mixture but felt with the look of the mizuno wedges and feel of the irons i should match them up.

the first and only review i have read said they didnt spin at all and the guy sold them. :(

the first and only review i have read said they didnt spin at all and the guy sold them. :(

I haven't hit mine yet but i GUARANTEE i can get them to spin. A lot of things go into spin. Ball, Grooves, Greens, Contact, etc.

Yeah, I dont have any problems spinning Q-Stars enough to make it take 1 hop and stop so I dont see that being an issue. Id probably be spinning them back if I used a tour ball.

I have found these to spin ALMOST as much as my non conforming Vokeys. I actually can't tell a difference on 90% of my shots. The only difference is that I don't have that random ball that sucks plum off the green every once in a while with the Mizzys.

Edit: I almost forgot one more thing. The spin that I get with these (almost the same amount of spin I got with my Vokeys in my observation) doesn't come at the cost of my balls cover being shaved off with every wedge shot.

I did not have that issue at all. Spin is found via technique.
However I will say that if the person that did that review is a divot taker (large) and big digger of the ball, there might be an issue there. I found the leading edge on these wedges to really dig compared to most and almost too much. I liked the versatility of the wedge shape, but I would have had to do some grinding to get the leading edge just right.

These are great point JB. I loved the Titleist wedge I had, but for some reason I just couldn't get it to spin. I know it's not the wedge. Clevelands and Mizuno not an issue for some reason. Just something with my technique. I had the same issue with the Callaway Diablo hybrid I tried out. I would push slice it no matter what I did. Some clubs just don't fit the techiques of some games. That's why people need to test the clubs instead of buying them blind.

Loved my old Vokeys but got tired of chewing up perfectly good golf balls with them. Bought the MP-R 12 and am really liking them. But I'm not in love with them. Went and bought the new SM4's today and plan to drop in DG Spinners by weeks end and am then gonna do some serious head to head with these two sets. 52*/58* in each. We shall see!!!

Anyone still gaming these? They are awfully puuuurty. I like the grinds on these too.

Anyone still gaming these? They are awfully puuuurty. I like the grinds on these too.
Still gaming my 52* and unless Mizuno introduces a new MP wedge Im going to add a 56* to the bag this winter. Theyre really great wedges.

I just sold mine. Was disappointed in in ball striking. I am a very shallow plane swing and with these wedges i was chunking everything. I dont know if it was the boun e or the design but i wasnt impressed. Just bought some new ATVs and am hoping for better luck.

Dan

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

I've got these in 50/56/60 and they are my fave wedges by far. Each loft has a specific sole grind which is great and the high bounce 56 is particularly awesome. I use the 56 and 60 mostly for partial shots and the 50 as my "11 iron". love them all.

I have the 54* and 58* in the bag. Absolutely love them.

No but I may revisit these after the MC

I have the 56* and like it quite a bit, but will be selling it and staying with the ATV or Clevelands at this point.

Back