MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what Girardi is thinking pinch hitting Ibanez for Nix (who's had the best AB's of anyone tonight). He should of pinch hit for Granderson then bring in Gardner to play center if needed. Now our defense is going to take a hit (Nunez is shaky to say the least) or we lose the DH.

Don't know how much longer I'm hanging in with this game tonight. Im Exhausted

Yeah don't blame ya could be a long one

So Girardi benched Arod for tonights Game 5. Ibanez in at DH. Jeter back at short stop. I hate that AROD is the scapegoat. Swisher, Granderson and Cano have been just as bad if not worse. Granderson has been for sure worse.

Completely agree Dev. Lots of guys are hitting just as bad as Arod is if not worse. Not that I really care, lol. Im just glad to see the stupid A's lose so I dont have to hear any more about them and their "amazing run" crap.

Completely agree Dev. Lots of guys are hitting just as bad as Arod is if not worse. Not that I really care, lol. Im just glad to see the stupid A's lose so I dont have to hear any more about them and their "amazing run" crap.

Granderson is completely lost. He has possible the worst batters eye I have ever seen. All these guys are taking pitches right down the pipe yet swinging at pitches in the dirt or 5 feet wide. It's really frustrating to watch.

So Girardi benched Arod for tonights Game 5. Ibanez in at DH. Jeter back at short stop. I hate that AROD is the scapegoat. Swisher, Granderson and Cano have been just as bad if not worse. Granderson has been for sure worse.

Granderson is completely lost. He has possible the worst batters eye I have ever seen. All these guys are taking pitches right down the pipe yet swinging at pitches in the dirt or 5 feet wide. It's really frustrating to watch.

I completely agree Dev. I posted some stats about Granderson last night and how I'd like to see Gardner have a chance in center or move Ichiro to center and play Ibanez in the field. A-Rod is now Girardi's scapegoat the same way Torre treated him. I'm fed up with Granderson, he's making A-Rod look like it's 2009 again. Girardi's lineup moves haven't made sense to me this series. We have a lot of guys struggling but A-Rod is the only one he pinch hits for and benches.

One last thing, A-Rod actually hits the guy pitching tonight. This move is going to have repercussions win or lose.

Swisher is a complete waste of space come playoff time. He was so terrible in 2009 he was benched in the ALCS and didnt even play in the WS.

Swisher is a complete waste of space come playoff time. He was so terrible in 2009 he was benched in the ALCS and didnt even play in the WS.

He started 11 of 12 games played in the 09 LCS and WS. But I will agree his playoff performances have been dreadful.

I think this is a bad move by Girardi. Will it work out, perhaps. Will Eric Chavez be the reason the Yankees win tonight? Maybe, it's the postseason, you never know who is going to be the guy. But for the life of me I can't think that the Yankees are a better team with Chavez in the lineup over ARod. There have been lots of guys who have not hit in this series, for both teams. Do you think that the Orioles would bench Adam Jones tonight? Heck no.

He started 11 of 12 games played in the 09 LCS and WS. But I will agree his playoff performances have been dreadful.

Maybe I was just imagining things than. I could have sworn he was benched with his .126 average or something. Oh well. He stinks as do basically 2-9 right now. Martin was our worst hitter all year now he and Jeter are the only 2 guys I have any confidence in.

Maybe I was just imagining things than. I could have sworn he was benched with his .126 average or something. Oh well. He stinks as do basically 2-9 right now. Martin was our worst hitter all year now he and Jeter are the only 2 guys I have any confidence in.

he was benched for a game, you are correct there. But you aren't imagining how bad he has been in the last 4 post seasons. It's a good reason why I don't think he will be back next year.

I feel bad for the As, but are still pulling for the Os, like to see the lower payroll teams do well!!!

I feel bad for the As, but are still pulling for the Os, like to see the lower payroll teams do well!!!

I wanted to see the A's pull it off. I said before I thought the O's would win this series and I still think it. I would have liked to see Cincy and the Nats in the NL, though I have nothing against the Giants either.

he was benched for a game, you are correct there. But you aren't imagining how bad he has been in the last 4 post seasons. It's a good reason why I don't think he will be back next year.

Resign Ichiro to a 1 year deal and let him play RF. Unfortunately Granderson in CF and Gardner in LF. I really hope they can trade Granderson. He is so bad.

Resign Ichiro to a 1 year deal and let him play RF. Unfortunately Granderson in CF and Gardner in LF. I really hope they can trade Granderson. He is so bad.

I like Granderson. I think he's a good guy to have on the team. Even though it's frustrating as heck to watch him right now.

I like Granderson. I think he's a good guy to have on the team. Even though it's frustrating as heck to watch him right now.

I am really tired of the HR or whiff. A guy that hits 40+ HR's shouldnt be hitting in the .220's. Thats no good.

Granderson seems like a nice guy and a great teammate but I'm ready to move on from him also. I know we have an option to pick up his contract for next year or pay a $2 million buyout. While I want to say pay the buyout, the free agent class of OF's is very weak. I'd say that unless we can swing a trade for an OF keep Granderson for one more year than look to upgrade.

As for Swisher, I think it's time to move on from him. Resign Ichiro to a 1 year deal and have our starting OF be; Ichiro, Gardner, Granderson. Maybe bring in Hunter as a right handed bat who at 37 won't get any big offers but can be a solid guy off the bench and against lefties.

Granderson seems like a nice guy and a great teammate but I'm ready to move on from him also. I know we have an option to pick up his contract for next year or pay a $2 million buyout. While I want to say pay the buyout, the free agent class of OF's is very weak. I'd say that unless we can swing a trade for an OF keep Granderson for one more year than look to upgrade.

As for Swisher, I think it's time to move on from him. Resign Ichiro to a 1 year deal and have our starting OF be; Ichiro, Gardner, Granderson. Maybe bring in Hunter as a right handed bat who at 37 won't get any big offers but can be a solid guy off the bench and against lefties.

Even if we win tonight, we lose CC until at min Game 3. Last night was a must win.

Even if we win tonight, we lose CC until at min Game 3. Last night was a must win.

I know Dev, it was a bad loss last night for a lot of reasons. We may not even have him until Game 4 which would mean if we want him to pitch twice this series he may have to go on short rest for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back