Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care about an All-star but he is literally useless with the bat. At least Martin hit a few HR's and was a GREAT defensive catcher. When you lose the likes of Texeira, Arod, Granderson for a good part of the season you need as much as help as you can get. We just arent going to score.

It's not like there are great options in FA. No one wants to trade a good catcher either.. Honestly the Yankees are going to struggle and I think possibly finish last. Even the great teams lose

TapaTalk from the iPhone

they aren't. They are going to struggle to score runs. I'm going to give him a shot. The year they needed him the most he hit over .270. The yankees were spoiled for years by Posada. But as you saw with Martin, give me a guy who can handle the pitching staff and contribute at the right times and they'll be fine.

I like his enthusiasm but that can only take you so far. With a guy like Piercynzki out there, why just sit still? We had a catcher for years that stunk behind the plate (Jorge) so that doesnt bother me. It's almost as if they let Martin go thinking they had a backup plan and then it fell through.

It's not like there are great options in FA. No one wants to trade a good catcher either.. Honestly the Yankees are going to struggle and I think possibly finish last. Even the great teams lose

TapaTalk from the iPhone

exactly it happens.

I like his enthusiasm but that can only take you so far. With a guy like Piercynzki out there, why just sit still? We had a catcher for years that stunk behind the plate (Jorge) so that doesnt bother me. It's almost as if they let Martin go thinking they had a backup plan and then it fell through.

I'm glad they didn't go after him. He's a clown. I wish they kept Martin, but I have no problem letting younger guys give it a go. Eventually you have to see what you've got.

I'm glad they didn't go after him. He's a clown. I wish they kept Martin, but I have no problem letting younger guys give it a go. Eventually you have to see what you've got.

A huge clown and a clubhouse cancer

TapaTalk from the iPhone

We saw what Cervelli has to offer. It's not much. What about these catching prospects we have been hearing about FOR YEARS. Guess they suck too? Montero was one of them and we traded him for a guy with a dead arm. Same goes for our pitching prospects. Banuelos etc.

LOL I am watching the game on Gamecast on ESPN and they are showing the "Due up for the Yankees" graphic and it shows Youkilis, Vernon Wells (with an Angels hat and uniform) and Ben Francisco (with a Rays uniform and hat). Haha Just struck me as funny.

oh look, dev whining about his team, this is turning into the hockey thread all over again :act-up:

oh look, dev whining about his team, this is turning into the hockey thread all over again :act-up:

What do you and your little thanking twin know about sports? Tonsil hockey is not a sport.... :alien:

What do you and your little thanking twin know about sports? Tonsil hockey is not a sport.... :alien:

Ah grasshopper you are wrong, basebol is my sport and I know more about it now and its history than most

this is the situation Dev has been waiting for. Bases loaded. 2 down, cervelli up

Ah grasshopper you are wrong, basebol is my sport and I know more about it now and its history than most

What is basebol? Haha I know man. I was pretty shocked at how much you were a basebol fan. I know your twin is a Braves fan too before he comes in here yelling at me also.

this is the situation Dev has been waiting for. Bases loaded. 2 down, cervelli up

He hits a HR I will buy a Cervilli jersey tonight.

2 run single!

whoa Cervilli for mVP!

2 run single!

Stupid delay. Haha I have no idea whats happening. Good for Cervelli. I hope he makes me eat my words this year.

At least for 1 day, the Astros will no longer be the Lastros. That is a nice feeling.

What is basebol? Haha I know man. I was pretty shocked at how much you were a basebol fan. I know your twin is a Braves fan too before he comes in here yelling at me also.

yeah dude back in the day thats all I played and read about, not so much anymore, but I try to keep with the times.

And when I wasnt rooting for Tribe, I was a closet Braves fan too

oh look Strasburg has a shutout going, dude is freaking good

yeah dude back in the day thats all I played and read about, not so much anymore, but I try to keep with the times.

And when I wasnt rooting for Tribe, I was a closet Braves fan too

When Griffey was in his prime back in the early 90's I used to be a Mariners fan.

Strasburg 7 innings, 80 pitches, and they take him out.

Strasburg 7 innings, 80 pitches, and they take him out.

I hope the pen blows it, thats just lame, didnt they learn their lesson last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back