Status
Not open for further replies.
CRAZY STAT: 88.6% of the luxury tax paid by MLB teams in the last 11 years ($285.1M) has been paid by the Yankees (From D. Rovell).

No way one can argue that it does not correlate to actual wins. While they only have 1 Championship during those years, they are at or near the top of the win column.

Good lord that's crazy...Red sox probably make up lost of the rest....so stupid

CRAZY STAT: 88.6% of the luxury tax paid by MLB teams in the last 11 years ($285.1M) has been paid by the Yankees (From D. Rovell).

No way one can argue that it does not correlate to actual wins. While they only have 1 Championship during those years, they are at or near the top of the win column.

Yep. They are averaging about 95 wins a year the last 10 years. Pretty crazy.

I wanted to compare it to the Cardinals who are at right around 90.5 a year. $$ can really help, especially over the long term

Benoit to the Padres...2 years $15.5 M

not much left out on the FA market

Agreed. Will be interested to see if this Tanaka guy gets posted.

Benoit to the Padres...2 years $15.5 M

not much left out on the FA market

To the padres too?
Money grab? Or does he believe they are fast tracking to winning? Seems like he could have done better than 7.75/yr.

To the padres too?
Money grab? Or does he believe they are fast tracking to winning? Seems like he could have done better than 7.75/yr.

Ehh, I mean thats kinda alot of coin for a reliever imo

Last edited:
Wow, shocked the yanks would go after Ellsbury and choo both

hile the market for Shin-Soo Choo has been slow to develop, he could have already found a home had accepted a lavish offer from the Yankees. Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reportsthat even after signing Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $153MM contract, the Yankees offered Choo a seven-year, $140MM contract. Agent Scott Boras reportedly countered by asking for Ellsbury money, and the Yankees instead elected to sign Carlos Beltran to a much cheaper three-year, $45MM pact.

What happened to them trying to get under the luxury tax threshold hahahhahahaha

hile the market for Shin-Soo Choo has been slow to develop, he could have already found a home had accepted a lavish offer from the Yankees. Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reportsthat even after signing Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $153MM contract, the Yankees offered Choo a seven-year, $140MM contract. Agent Scott Boras reportedly countered by asking for Ellsbury money, and the Yankees instead elected to sign Carlos Beltran to a much cheaper three-year, $45MM pact.

Good old Boras. What a dummy.

that would have been a good OF combo in that ballpark. Boras will get the money somewhere, he always does.

that would have been a good OF combo in that ballpark. Boras will get the money somewhere, he always does.

I highly doubt Choo gets 7 years 140MM from anyone not named the Yankees. I think Boras may have overplayed his hand yet again.

I highly doubt Choo gets 7 years 140MM from anyone not named the Yankees. I think Boras may have overplayed his hand yet again.

Agreed, I think he sees 5 years $100M somewhere

Maybe. I bet if he holds out till after this Tanaka posting(if it ever happens) he can get close to that. I could see teams that are potentially saving for Tanaka going after Choo if they don't land him.

I also don't think Choo is a 20 mil a year type player.

Maybe. I bet if he holds out till after this Tanaka posting(if it ever happens) he can get close to that. I could see teams that are potentially saving for Tanaka going after Choo if they don't land him.

I also don't think Choo is a 20 mil a year type player.

The world is ending. We agree!

Touche. Dude is a stud. I guess what I was getting at was how inflated salaries are now

Oh I know

I read today if he hit the market it would be 35 mil a year lol

Angels signed Raul Ibanez to a one year contract $2.7 mill + incentives. Doesn't seem like much, but they essentially replaced Trumbo's numbers on the cheap and added two young pitchers. Now for a FA pitcher.

After the last few years its nice to see my Angels finally making good deals and smart signings. Now to sign Trout to his extension after the season starts. The longer the better, but I imagine Trout will want to get free agency around his 30th birthday. So lets shoot for at least an 8 year deal! (Dang that kid is good for any age, let alone being 22)

So thanks to the new posting rules, ESPN is reporting that Tanaka will not be available to MLB teams.

The price for all free agent pitchers just went up and if Tampa is serious about trading Price - his trade value just went up.

Yes Mike Trout!!

Without a doubt! I would lock him up NOW at $20 mill per year through age 35. As long as dude stays healthy, that deal would prove to be a huge bargain for the Angels in relation to the stratosphere that MLB contracts are currently in and where they are going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back