JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
So, weather related Monday finishes... in the Heritage thread, someone asked, if they knew it was coming why not start them off earlier? I have to agree, they had to know it was in the local news for a couple days - so not a huge surprise. Yet, it seemed they did not start that early. I will say, we arrived around 1030 - watched several groups tee off including Max who (it sounded to this deaf guy) hit his tee shot (with an iron) thin and it was a very low flying ball too. Anyway, we moved to our perch between 17 green and 18 tee - which was great, open bars (many) and lots of good to great foods. So watched many of the early starters (who began at 0800) finish or at least putt on 17. Most of the early groups were done under 4 hours, when there was a full hole gap at times between groups.

So, why not threesomes, start 45 minutes earlier it ends - maybe (before the rain even starts).

Also, is there a set rule on if Sunday ticket holders can return on Monday for the finish? Not a single TV offered any information on this, I don't think we would have gone back we were pretty exhausted but still maybe, I mean even my wife said 'history' and she was watching intensely when the later players arrived.

Finally - and this is just a thing, someone - I think it may have been Schauffele may have hit an errant drive, that bounced off a tent. Whoever it was apparently told he was allowed a drop, which he took and never even came to look at his ball (the tent did block to some degree the next shot. I thought that players at least took time to look at their shots - the marshal was told to pick up that ball and she in turn gave it a kid - all good, but that kid likely has no idea what the hell was going on, it would have been nice for that kid to get the ball from the player - that's a memory no?

On occasion they do start earlier because of projected weather issues, have seen this many times

Not sure why in this case they didn't

They've started early before, I don't know why not here. Maybe they thought it would only be rain and not lightning I don't know but I do agree that you need to look to take into account the elements since it's an outdoor event.

They've started early before, I don't know why not here. Maybe they thought it would only be rain and not lightning I don't know but I do agree that you need to look to take into account the elements since it's an outdoor event.
Everyone knew it would rain, maybe hard, and this area is famous for thunderstorms - I just don't get the lack of thought.

Also, is there a set rule on if Sunday ticket holders can return on Monday for the finish? Not a single TV offered any information on this, I don't think we would have gone back we were pretty exhausted but still maybe, I mean even my wife said 'history' and she was watching intensely when the later players arrived.
I believe Monday entry is free. What did your wife mean by 'history'?

Scheffler's current streak - if he keeps it up it's historic - in modern golf. And the fact that she was aware and attentive was an added bonus. It was a fun day, I will say Monday was cold and they started up early, from what I saw it appeared that only homeowners were watching from some angles.

Back