Morgan Cup Equipment, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
We are just under two months away form the second installment of the Morgan Cup. This years event is being held in Myrtle Beach (Pawley's island) True Blue and Caledonia. It seems all of the staffers have completed or will be completing thier bags by weeks end. Bridgestone Golf (Bettinardi Putters), Callaway Golf and Cleveland Golf /Srixon have been more than gracious in their support of the Morgan Cup. All of the staffers that will compete are being outfitted with world class gear from each of the three sponsors.

What I would like to know is how would you set up your bag if you were part of the Morgan Cup? Which of the three sponsors would like to be repped by? Pick one sponsor and the gear associatedand lets see some dream bags.

Cleveland

Classic Driver 10.5* w/ Miazaki Black stiff shaft
Mashie 3W & 5W
Cleveland Black Iron 4 - PW
588 Black Wedges 52*, 55*, 58*
NC half Mallet

We are just under two months away form the second installment of the Morgan Cup. This years event is being held in Myrtle Beach (Pawley's island) True Blue and Caledonia. It seems all of the staffers have completed or will be completing thier bags by weeks end. Bridgestone Golf (Bettinardi Putters), Callaway Golf and Cleveland Golf /Srixon have been more than gracious in their support of the Morgan Cup. All of the staffers that will compete are being outfitted with world class gear from each of the three sponsors.

What I would like to know is how would you set up your bag if you were part of the Morgan Cup? Which of the three sponsors would like to be repped by? Pick one sponsor and the gear associatedand lets see some dream bags.

Cleveland

Mashie 3W & 5W
NC half Mallet

Freddie thats a sick looking bag dude. I really like the direction. You hit those blacks really well. Would you go C Kua?

Most defintely, the more I hit the clubs the more I like them. They are just a solid offering
Freddie thats a sick looking bag dude. I really like the direction. You hit those blacks really well. Would you go C Kua?

For me, Cleveland/Srixon Golf:

Classic 10.5* w/ Miyazaki Black
Mashie F3 and F5 w/ stock C. Kua
588 CB 3-PW w/ KBS Tours
Custom 588 Black Pearl 50*, 56*
Never Compromise Portofino
Z-Star

Very similar to TC's setup. Just a few changes here and there.

I would almost go Cleveland for the classic, Mashie, and 588 wedges BUT,

I'm gonna go with the J40 lineup with some project x 5.5s

Cleveland/Srixon for me.

Cleveland Classic 8.5* Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina

Cleveland Mashie F3+ Miyazaki C. Kua

Cleveland Mashie Hybrids 3 and 4

Cleveland 588 CB (5 thru PW) KBS Tour

Cleveland 588 Black Pearl wedges 50, 54, 60

Never Compromise NCX-Ray Sigma would be my choice of a putter.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Cleveland Classic - Project X 6.5
Mashie F3+
Mashie Tour 2h, 4h, 5h
Cleveland 588 6-9 CB
Custom 588 Satin 47-52-57
NC Connoisseur Perfecto

Great idea for a thread Freddie

Cleveland

Mashie 3W & 5W
NC half Mallet

Great idea Freddie:

Cleveland

Classic Driver 10.5* / Miyazaki Black Regular Flex
Mashie 5W
Mashie Tour 4H
Cleveland 588 Forged 5-PW
588 Black Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*
NC Sub 30 Series Type 20

Last edited:

Cleveland

Mashie 3W & 5W
NC half Mallet

I have to say that while I like your setup, I am shocked that you went Blacks and not 588's with your game.

I think I would go with Callaway.

Razr Fit 9.5/ Matrix Radix 6
Razr Fit 3 Wood
Callaway X Forged Irons 3-PW
Callaway Forged Wedges Dark Chrome, 50, 54, 58
Odyssey Metal-X #7

I think I would go with Callaway.

Razr Fit 9.5/ Matrix Radix 6
Razr Fit 3 Wood
Callaway X Forged Irons 3-PW
Callaway Forged Wedges Dark Chrome, 50, 54, 58
Odyssey Metal-X #7
THat bag looks very familiar, smart man.

I would want Bridgestone...

J40 445 9.5* Kusala Blue at 46" Been fit to the Black, but need a touch more spin with that low spinner, so I think Blue would fit well.
J40 3w 14* Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue SC
J40 18*/22* Hybrids Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board
J40 CB's 5-PW KBS C-Tapers 120g
J40 52*-56*-60* wedges KBS Hi-Rev
Bettinadi BB35 "BoxCar" 33 inch

I would have to go with:

Cleveland

Classic Driver 10.5* w/ Miazaki Blue Reg shaft
Mashie 5 - wood
588 Chrome Wedges 52*, 54*, 58*
NC Voo Doo Daddy Putter

Ive thought this through with each MC Sponsor so many times, will have to throw my bags up here in a bit.

Love this thread I love seeing what others would choose!

I'd do this setup, with some tweaks.
Driver- Classic 270 with the C-Kua 39 stiff, 9 degree.
3 Wood- CG Black 16 stiff.
Hybrid- Mashie 18, stiff
Irons- CG16 4-PW, steel stiff.
Wedges- 588 Satin 50, 54, 58.
Putter- NC Blade
Ball- Z-Star.

This would do me well...:D

Cleveland

Mashie 3W & 5W
NC half Mallet

Its not about what I can game for me. I can jump right into the Blacks and make them pay dividends. The 588 are solid and if the blacks werent an option I would have chosen them. I also would want to provide soild feedback on a solid club from my perspective.
I have to say that while I like your setup, I am shocked that you went Blacks and not 588's with your game.

Tadashi, awesome idea. I always dream about these bags. I'm glad I'm not alone in my day dreams!!!

For me it would be:
Bridgestone

J40 445 9.5* stock stiff
J40 3+ wood stock stiff
J40 2 hybrid stock stiff
J40 Dual Pocket 3-PW stock 5.5
J40 Black Oxide 54/60
Bettinardi BB35 36" 1* Up
B330 RX Optic Yellow

Here's what my Cleveland Setup would be;

CG Black Driver, 10.5* Stiff (stock shaft)
Mashie F3, 15.5*
(stock stiff)
Mashie F5, 18*
(stock stiff)
Mashie M4, 23*
(stock stiff)
CG Black Irons, 5-PW
(stock C Kua shafts, stiff)
588 Black Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*
Never Compromise Dinero Tycoon
Ball -
Srixon ZStar

Its not about what I can game for me. I can jump right into the Blacks and make them pay dividends. The 588 are solid and if the blacks werent an option I would have chosen them. I also would want to provide soild feedback on a solid club from my perspective.

That makes perfect sense to me.

I would choose anything made in this decade...

Cool thread freddie!!

Love all the Cleveland love!

Cleveland:

Classic w/ Dromos
Black 3 + 7 FW w/ Dromos
588 CB 4-9
588 Custom 46* 50* 54* 58*
NC Robusto
Z Star

Bridgestone:
J40 Driver w/ PX 6.5
J40 4W w/ 6.5
J40 3h w/ 6.0
J40 CB 4-pw w/ 5.5 hardstepped
J40 50* 54* 58*
Betti (no clue, anything i was fit for)

Callaway:
Razr Fit w/ Diamana Blue
RF 3w
RXHL 3h
RX Black 4-9
Forged 48* 52* 56* 60*
ProType #9

Not really familiar with the full shaft offerings there were so these were guesses based on what others I know have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back