Morgan Cup: Pre-Event Videos

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I started thinking about all of the videos that have been posted in the various Morgan Cup threads (the trash talk thread and the two putter threads) and thought it would be nice to have them all in one place, especially for newer members who might find going through every post of the 460 page Morgan Cup thread!. They are still in their original locations, they are just quoted here. If you dont know The Morgan Cup, here is the information.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...be-a-Tour-Player&highlight=morgan+tour+player

I only included videos, not pictures, and also just the videos that were made by THPers (except for the first post I quoted because I thought it was hilarious, and a video about Reunion Resort). If I missed any, please let me know.

I put the videos in spoiler tags to help with page loading.

I figured four quotes per post to keep each post from being too huge. There are a couple of exceptions, but most will be done this way.

THIS IS A THREAD THAT I AM GOING TO COPY OVER VIDEOS AS NEEDED. PLEASE KEEP BANTER OUT OF THIS THREAD AND IN THE REGULAR MORGAN CUP THREADS.

Hopefully this thread will start up the video trash talking again, as I know I really enjoy them.

Morgan Cup thread: Page 1441, Post #21,614
Callaway Putter thread: Page 37, Post #553
TaylorMade Putter thread: Page 29, Post #430
Callaway Staff Irons thread: Page 65, Post #972
TaylorMade Staff Metal Woods thread: Page 41, Post#601
TaylorMade xFT wedges thread: Page 26, Post #389
Callaway Razr X Tour Irons thread (Non-MC): Page 31, Post #464
Callaway Metal Woods thread: Page 39, Post #578
TaylorMade Staff Bags thread: Page 21, Post #306
The Morgan Cup Singles Matches thread Page 8, Post #109
What's In The Bag: Morgan Cup Edition Page 3, Post #34
Morgan Cup Game Week: Page 28 Post #384

Last edited:
holy cow they don't waste time! They already posted a press conference held by the Calloways talking about the Morgan Cup

Out on the golf course with biggsy talking about the Morgan Cup. I decided to put it on video and let him say what's on his mind.

The Inaugural Morgan Cup is coming in August and with 16 participants being involved in a special event THP wanted to have a thread for "trash talk".

The captains have been selected and TC and biggsy will be leading Team Hackers and Team Paradise respectively. Only one team will prevail and be named the winners!

Thought we would get this started by putting up another video shot with Captain Biggsy.

Just in case you missed the announcement, here is a link to The Morgan Cup information page.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?17384-The-Morgan-Cup-Want-to-be-a-Tour-Player
It appears that Captain TC decided it was time to strike back.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
The Morgan Cup is about the ULTIMATE Tour Experience for 16 golfers. The event of a lifetime is getting closer to reality. Two teams square off for a weekend golf competition sponsored by TaylorMade and Callaway Golf. For those that are not aware, here is the event.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?17384-The-Morgan-Cup-Want-to-be-a-Tour...

Team Hackers is captained by TC
Team Paradise is captained by biggsy

The captains now are OFFICIALLY sponsored by THP in conjunction with either one of these two fine companies. To find out more, check out these 3 quick videos involving the THP WHEEL OF DESTINY!

Captain Biggsy laying the hammer down with a couple of videos.

In honor of the Inaugural Morgan Cup, I thought I would post my first ever Youtube video.
This one is for TC....and there may be one for Biggsy in the future.

Last edited:
Ok Biggsy....here is your inspirational video.....

[video=youtube;pI0g2ig-b88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0g2ig-b88[/video]
Apparently TC is throwing darts.

[video=youtube;f9kf-_kLupY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9kf-_kLupY[/video]
TC is back with more. Showcasing his abilities on the golf course (I think this is a golf course)

Captain TC back with some more sounding off.

Last edited:
Last edited:
biggsy showcasing some iron work.

Here is another one with driver this time from Captain Biggsy

My champagne celebration!!!!

It was all going well until i could barely open my eyes lol it stung!!

I wanted to say more but it all went so fast!

[video=youtube;g14-qW1E2Ew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14-qW1E2Ew[/video]

I need to work on my video skills for the future lol

and the girlfriend is gonna freak when she gets home and her bathroom is covered in bubbly. haha
I don't believe it, clear in South Dakota the paparazzi found out I was playing and started trailing me. I noticed a car following me home from work, then later I heard someone rustling around in my bushes. After this episode took place I ran this scum bag down and stole his camera. Here's what he got.

2 mile run tonight to get the juices flowing again....I'm going all in for this thing, you'll see.

Last edited:
This swing tip just came in from North Carolina and I had to share it with you fine folks. It's the best tip I ever received and I just had to pass it along.

The Morgan Cup is about giving regular the golfers the chance to feel like a tour pro for a weekend and recently we found out the 16 participants that will take to battle for THP in this incredible event. Eight of those golfers will be sponsored by TaylorMade Golf and eight of those golfers will sponsored by Callaway Golf for this competition.

Each golfer will be sponsored in full for the weekend extravaganza and that will include a 14 club deal, staff bag, full apparel scripting, shoes, headwear, golf balls and accessories by either of these participating companies.

Team Paradise will lead into competition against Team Hackers with eight on each side and before we get into who will be competing against who, we wanted to find out who will be sponsored by who. To do that we brought in the ever scientific THP Raffle Drum made famous at our THP Golf Outing & Demo Day and filmed GolferGal pulling the names and doing commentary for us.

Here are the selections.

Team Hackers - you have been warned...

:alien2:

RB

Holy Smokes! All that talk about getting outside and out of a simulator, we saw rbelbin on a driving range in North Carolina!

Last edited:
Guys/girls, I thought its only fair to give swing advice to Team Hackers being Overton a tour pro. Here is my first video on swing advice and this goes out to Coolbreez

Dear Jake,

Checkmate!

Lets get this thread back on track...

yes TC I said "look at me" :alien2: But I am on a real course... so the same joke you guys keep making is now moot.

Ya hear that OEM - you need some new material – stat.

Last edited:
hahaha, I just found this video that my brother and I shot a while back, before we knew who was on what teams, and I just have to share it. It cracks me up!

Video about Reunion Resort....this place is awesome and I can't to compete there!

[video=youtube;1vUkJBF-nt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vUkJBF-nt4[/video]
I know I have been mostly absent for the last week or so, but I was thinking of The MC while on vacation. Here is a little video I made while on vacation. The sound is pretty terrible, so you may need to turn up the volume in order to hear what I am saying, it was very windy there, so the camera recorded a lot of ambient noise...

Here's the video of my 10 putts from 8 feet challenge. Win and Coolbreeze has to send my daughters $20. It originally started only being my 1 daughter and it was a $20 for her since I hustled her in the golf shop, but I couldn't leave my other daughter our of the mix so it had to become $10 each. Special thanks to my 10 yr old Ally for MC'ing this event. 1 take only after a few practice putts. The putt was flat, slightly uphill if anything with break to it just about right edge or slightly outside of that. Check it out:

BTW- 1 take and 1 take only, no cheating here:

[video=youtube;uXlvXRz-v_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXlvXRz-v_Q[/video]

And a quick little follow up to the first: (Careful, the audio of the 2nd video is a significantly louder!)

Last edited:
Callaway (Or is it Calloway!) putters videos:

I have some fantastic news! I arrived home this afternoon to find a lovely box waiting for me. My heart jumped a beat as I knew what was waiting for me. I tore out of the car, grabbed my camera and tore into the box.

And what unboxing would be complete these days without some sort of video!

Got a little surprise today :) Beyond excited haha.

Here's the video I promised everyone, between work and kid duty I haven't had much of a chance to roll putts just yet but by the end of this weekend I'll be able to write a book on the DART Mallet!

There is only three of them. The TaylorMade guys did a better job of posting videos.

Last edited:
TaylorMade putters videos:

I just met the FedEx guy at the door as he was walking with a long Taylormade box in his hands. I about fainted. I can't tell you how excited I am to receive the first club in my Morgan Cup bag.

Here is a video of the unboxing.

Once again, I cannot thank Taylormade and The Hackers Paradise enough for this immense opportunity to participate in The Morgan Cup in August. Thank you so much for your faith and trust and will be a great ambassador for all involved!

Tap below for Pure Roll, puttery goodness.

Kevin

Sorry for the delay, but it took over an hour for the vid to upload on youtube. I had a special delivery from FedEx today....

I rushed out to the practice green to roll some putts before it got dark. The "Pure Roll" insert feels really good with a Penta. It has a nice, soft feel to it.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the TM-180 tonight, but hope to get a lot of practice green time later this week. The putts I did roll felt very pure and rolled nicely with no hopping or skidding. I love the sound of the ball dropping in the cup, which is what will echo all throughout Reunion in August! I can't thank THP and TaylorMade enough. This is an amazing opportunity and I am so happy to be apart of it. Thanks!!

Despite being on the other corner of North America, there was a special package waiting for me when I got home today... here is the un-boxing video.

[video=youtube;c1K7EC7K-LY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1K7EC7K-LY[/video]

Thanks again THP, TaylorMade for making this even more real. I can not believe how everyone involved in this continually goes above and beyond. We truly are the luckiest people ever to be part of this event.
And now the video, the star of the show is my son Kingsley

Edit: Just click on the pic to see the video.

So, I had my first round with the Corza Ghost on the World's Largest Simulator, for all you fans of sim golf out there. I played Twin Eagles in Naples, former host of the Senior Stop from 02-06. It's a Nicklaus course and the greens were running 10.1 on the stimp.

Here's a little montage of all of the putts, sans the tap in on the first hole. SW FLA didn't know I wanted every putt and I insisted on making every putt. Thanks again for taking all of those videos, I really appreciate it. This Flip Phone he got from TM for his Kingdom trip is a great little piece of equipment. I was able to make this video with music in no time.

Well it took me awhile to get it put together but here it is :

Last edited:
This is just for my information, so I know where to pick up from!

Morgan Cup thread: Through page 464 and post #6948
Callaway Putters: Through page 17 and post #255.
TaylorMade putters: Through page 17 and post #252.

Posts deleted. I appreciate the comments, but let's try to leave this thread clean for just the videos.

Some new Callaway Putter videos:

Today is the day. My beautiful Odyssey putter has arrived! Below is an introductory video. Everyone else went with an unboxing video so I decided to go in a bit of a different direction. I'm going to post some high res pictures and my initial thoughts in a bit, but I wanted to get this video up first. Enjoy!

Wow, so that was an awespme video AHA, I cant compete with that....but here is one of my unboxing videos

I did another video just for fun, here it is. I also brought my putter to work with me and I plan on putting in my office all day. I have rolled a few with it and so far I am so impressed with the TB #2. It really feels like it has an insert in it which is just baffling to me. Also, it puts a very nice forward roll on the ball.

[video=youtube;e_4j4aB-3IA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_4j4aB-3IA[/video]

Was out on the course tonight. Took some quick videos on the greens. I didn't make all that much tonight, no 3 putts which was nice. Majority of my putts were right on the edge. My speed seemed to be decent.

Last edited:
Some new Morgan Cup thread videos:

i tried to get some footage of my first round with the ghost - but i have this crappy canon camera - and the video setting sucks... i had this little attachement that i could try and attach to my golfbag when i set it down - but well - after cutting the video, and editing out the lame focusing, adjusting, parts... this is all i could do with it... debated tossing it until i get a new camera - but i figured the time spent editing and putting it together would be wasted - so here it is...

the greens were aerated the day before too - so it was def not an ideal situation...

the short game is coming along nicely - if i can learn to put all the parts of my game together at once - it should be a great season :)

As I posted last night, I went out and worked on short game yesterday which included bunker shots. Around 8ish I was one of the few people left on the range and the only serious golfer working on short game. Decided to shoot a little video. It didn't come out great but hey it's a video right?

Last edited:
And a new TaylorMade putter video;

one of my best putts. guessing a 15 footer left for par.. breaking left to right, downhill.
3rd Hole, par 5. I put the tee shot right rough... hit out to the 2nd fairway with a 7 iron. Hit a PW in - but caught it fat - leaving it 35 yards short. Hit a wedge past the hole... left me this putt to save par.

the ghost is heating up!

Last edited:
Been 12 days since I updated this, not a whole lot of videos, let's get busy Morgan Cuppers!

here is your answer...

Spoiler
No, unfortunately I did not. I had a nice putt at it, which I was more than happy with after that lie. That ball was fried and plugged. Still gave me some confidence out of the sand. I had a nice bunker shot later on 7, but I didn't have the camera out for that. That one I did get up and down.

Good win Jake!

Just got back from playing 18 holes at a River/Links style course. It was raining (just like every round this year) and the temp never got much higher than maybe 52 F. I played pretty well all things considered, I shot an 83, but I could not score at all. I ended up the day with 37 putts, and my speed was terrible, I burned the edges of the hole at least 5 times, and missed 3 short putts (including missing an eagle putt from maybe 6 ft - got the birdie - lol) Shooting 83 when you triple the last hole, and take 4 penalty shots is not a bad round. 11 GIRs, and 3 more I just missed, solid with the irons today.

In any case, I hope to dial in the putter with more practice. Maybe the time in the Florida sun will help me on the greens.

Did manage to take a little video - this one is for you TC...

Note: no mirror tricks here. And this is where it ended up...
Spoiler

View attachment 2538
About 150 from the green, in the fairway - maybe I am on to something here...

Last edited:
Last edited:
From the Callaway Staff Irons thread:

First off huge thank you to THP and Callaway Golf!! I've been killed at work today but made some time for this video.

I didn't get a chance to take these out for a run but that will be tomorrow. I also said bought when I should've said received... Lol the nerves get ya and I'm a one take kinda guy. Callaway has been awesome with their gear and having these so far in advance is awesome.

Recap:
6-10i aka AW
Standard Uniflex Shafts
White NDMC Grips
1* Up

The unboxing!!!

[YOUTUBE]hT2EHw2Olvs[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the delay ladies and gentlemen. Now for what you have all been waiting for. My unboxing videos.

This is One-T, so you know there has to be more!

Last edited:
Also from the Callaway Irons thread:

Took these out for 9 yesterday after work. I really struggled hitting the ball, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the irons fault. I had no swing at all. I now know that these are not magic clubs and you still have to focus and put a good swing on them. I don't think my focus was there yesterday. Anyway, I did take a video on a shot from a fairway bunker. It was 220 yards to the center of green from where I was. Usually I would hit my M4, but I wanted to practice hitting a razr x out of a fairway bunker. Anyway here's my video from yesterdays round...

Getting ready to head out for 18 this afternoon. I expect a much better showing out there today.

So I went out and WALKED 9. To get used to the pressure and all... lol. Really though. The 9 I played was long, par was 37 I ended up with a 46. Not all that great but I did have a kick ass birdie on a par 5 and in general played really well. It was 3600 yards. A little longer than I'm used too but I'm finding out if I have confidence in my swing, yardage doesnt matter.

I didn't have a scorecard so I used OOB. I'm really starting to dail in the irons. THe hard part for me is still trying to compensate for wind and elevated greens with these.

Hole #1: Par 5. I hit my drive right but still ended up in the fairway. Put my Mashie to about 65 yards. The Razr X AW is quickly becomming my favorite club. I choked up a little and let it go. Pin high but it rolled out a little more than I thought it would. Common occurance for the greens that day. AW Chip and 1 putt par.

Hole #2: Par 4. Hit my drive right and still had about 160 to the hole. Duffed my 7i lol. Just a total lack of whatever I don't know. But again I was left with a almost full AW in. Hit another great shot! still rolled out some and just left my putt short. Bogey 5.

Hole #3: I have vid for my approach shot. I hit a great 6i. You can tell but the wind was messin with me. Didnt realize the green was as elevated as it was. Left my AW chip just a couple feet short and it just rolled down the green. Looked like a scene from the US Open. 3 putt double. It was a rough hole but I know I hit some good shots.

[YOUTUBE]urS9FUQ24yk [/YOUTUBE]

Hole #4: Long par 3. 6i! But I was in between clubs. 6 usually would've been way short. I caught this one good and it went about 175 ish. The green took the ball right and I was left a putt from end to end. Needless to say I ended up with a bogey.

Hole #5: Shorter par 5. I take Hybrid/Hybrid and I'm left with 30 yards. AW time! I may take my 56* at times but the green was sloping uphill severely. I knocked to about 3 feet and made my birdie

Hole #6: Hit a great tee shot. It unfortunately took a bad bounce. Hit to punch out from behind a tree or hook a shot. I should've gone for the hook. Punch out ok and left with an AW. I got stupid and picked my head up which lead to a nice thin shot. Fortunately it wasn't too bad but I still ended up with a double. My AW chip from just around the green rolled out too much and left a nasty putt for a bogey. Just lipped it out. I was po'd but wasn't.

Hole #7: Lol. Man, another good 6i shot but just pushed it to the right of the green. I figured it would be a good time to try my new flop shot. Lets just say Ill leave that one in the bag come august. I dont have great distance control and it led to a double. Nah but I know what I did.

Hole #8: This hole sucked. You had to fade your tee shot. I can do that but not with a lot of control and I do it by swinging a bad swing haha. Regardless I did it but had a tree right in front of me again. I took my 8i out because I had 148 left and just smoked it. Too bad again the green was really sitting up and the wind caught it just enough. 56* shot just a foot shy of where it needed to be. Left with a long par I just left short.

Hole #9: Long par 5 into the wind. I finally get my driver right. Hybrid that pushed and I was left with 120 into the wind, going up again. I thought I'd hit a PW and just hope. Well it came up short. The AW chip for birdie wasn't a bad shot but man, you leave it just a tad short and the green just punishes you. 2 putt bogey.

I'm really seeing my game come together. It was by no means a great score but like I told Biggsy I see that back 9 coming home strong. The Razr X are some of the smoothest irons I've hit. The distance control is coming around and once I dail that in, I think the sky is the limit. I haven't felt this much confidence in my irons in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great ones but these are just a step above.

Last edited:
Last edited:
More from the TM Staff Metal Woods thread:

The video finally finished uploading, the batteries died right at the end, and I don't know how to edit video, so the end of the video was supposed to say thank you again to THP and TaylorMade for this amazing opportunity.

range session yesterday. I am in love with everything R11.

I kept the loft normal - have the ASP neutral - 10g weight in the heel, 1 g in toe. Im hitting beautiful draws.
My driver is 44.5". Im going to dial it in today - adjust the loft down 1* and see what happens. I hit a few high ones, and a few perfect ones. But its there so i am going to try. I lasered my averaging landing area to 235-240. It was really wet as we've had extensive rain the past few days.

I really focused on driver - and once i get it dialed in - i will start hitting and adjusting the 3w. If the driver stays as straight as it is now i dont ever foresee needing a 3w off the tee. So i may raise the loft on the 3w to get a higher launch off the deck of par5's.

The 5w is my comfort club atm. I throw it on an iron tee - and hit it straight, drop it on the ground - straight. I only topped 3 of the first 10 i hit, mostly getting frisky towards the end and trying to add some distance.

here's a few drives- I edited out my warmup routine so you can withold the "slow play" jokes.

Its a beautiful day - and im packing up the work clothes and headed off in a few.

PS: i am worried sick to take these clubs to a muni lol - or even leave them overnight at the club. i locked them in the liquor closet while i worked last night.... i cannot imagine what id do if they were stolen. Yet they are probably a prime target. If i didnt love the headcovers so much (the handle is genius, it just works) id throw a daphne on it...

Awesome video CB. The saw was killer and I loved when Kingsley asked where your friends were. Great club selection and write up from today's round.

Cool video CG. The R11 sounds like it is treating you well. Keep it up man.

I ended up working until after dark friday, so this morning I got to break in the woods. I had a captain's choice tournament at 9 and hit the range before to try everything out. I think I am in love with the RIP shaft. I didn't hit a single fade, which is highly unusual for my driver. The ball started straight and stayed that way or drew slightly. I hit a few balls with the Rescue club and it felt great. It wasn't launching as high as my old hybrid, which I really liked. It had a nice mid high ball flight and sat down nicely on the practice green they had on the range. Actually, it sat down like a short iron shot which really impressed me. I couldn't really get a feel for the 3 wood though. I tried hitting a few off the turf, but kept topping them. I didn't have enough time to get a great range session in, but plan to tomorrow evening after work. (hopefully)

On the course during the round I hit some great drives. I hit nothing right, which has been my miss forever. The ball generally went where I aimed, but I did top a couple shots that I tried to send into the next county. On decent swings, the RIP Beta seems to be working well for me so far. I had a friend take a video of one of my swings. It was one the par 5 16th that left us in the center of the fairway 147 out.

The swing felt pretty good, but I broke down some of the frames when I got home and found the following:
- I swayed, which I have been working on correcting recently.
- I released the club head too soon and lost my lag.

I hope to get some serious range time in this week and really get a feel for the new woods. I didn't get to hit the R11 3w a lot today, so I really want to spend some time with her. I am going to get some more video so I can get a pretty good idea of my current swing.

Last edited:
And one more set from the TM Metal Woods thread:

Here is the un-boxing video:

rbelbin OUT! (for today, I'll be back with some "in game shots" tomorrow hopefully)

I was able to go out and play a round this afternoon at Pendleton Golf Club, which was in great shape. It's a pretty tough course, so accuracy off the tee is typically rewarded. I was hitting the R11 great today, which was nice for a change. I have been battling with a weak slice, but today I only saw the right side of the course once. This was just because of a lazy swing that resulted in a high push. For the most part today I hit the driver straight with a nice mid trajectory. I had ZERO lost balls from the tee! I am loving the new R11 driver and hybrid, but still have some work to do with the 3w. I was able to capture some vid's on the course/range and have a question for some of you. Is this normal or am I releasing too soon? The ball flight was a little high, but it went straight.

Here is the vid of the swing:

[YOUTUBE]MnGwcrE0h5c[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the video of my first ever swing with the new SF

Tappin the keg!

I had a chance to shoot a video explaining the clubs I chose for The Morgan Cup and their specs. I take a couple of shots with each one. You'll want to wait until the end of the video for sure!

I'm sorry about some of the audio issues with the wind, it gets a little better as the video goes on.

Thanks again for the great equipment Taylormade!

[video=youtube;zyc5hpi-g7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyc5hpi-g7A[/video]

Last edited:
Back