Most Demoralizing Miss?

stealth

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone have a miss that happens every so often, that sucks the joy right out of you?

I have a particular miss which happens when I hit a stellar tee shot, and proceed to chunk my 2nd/approach shot. Because it's happened so often, it stays on my mind and I think it happens more often because of that.

Last edited:
The occasional topping of the 3w is by far the worst for me. Hasn't happened in awhile because I've really worked on it but I really hated that haha

I'd say any time I hit a sh*nk.

The one that gets me is where it matters, on the dance floor. I rarely stick an approach to around 5 feet or so, but when I do and then proceed to miss the putt, that upsets me.

I would say a thinned approach with a wedge. Its when I try to get to cute with something and happens every now and then (once every few rounds).
With the driver I would say either high and right or dead pull.

Thinning a wedge over the green will get me mad in a hurry.

3 foot putt

I love hitting a nice shot when a crowd is around, but any miss can be pretty demoralizing.

A hard running hook. There's no use in asking for it to do anything, it's just going to hit the ground and run. I'd rather block it high and right than miss it low and left.

Mine is the miss I fight all the time... Weak push slice/chicken wing.

This just frustrates me so much, because it is the number one thing I am focusing on correcting in my practice time.

But my round over the weekend, I would say I only had 1-2 of these and played much more consistent. Feels like the time at the range is starting to pay off!

I can't think of one yet, but by Thursday around 4pm I should have a few.

Low screamer of an approach shot, or high and right with the driver.

Following up a good drive that puts a wedge in your hand only to chunk it 40 yards. Also thinning a wedge and hoping there is a sand trap behind the green.

Dead pull off the tee. Blood pressure is rising just thinking about it.

Dead pulls off the tee and thinning a wedge shot BACK across the green after thinning my first wedge shot.

For me, playing a par 5. Hit fairway. Layup to 3/4 wedge yardage. Skull that 3/4 wedge over green.

Hozel rocket after a good tee shot

Topped FW from trying to stand on it! Good tempo will fix this. Do I always listen? Ummmm......no!

JM

these replies are cracking me up, because I've had the same misses as every one of you. I don't know how I picked just one to demoralize me the most...

it's pretty rare anymore, but just flat out topping the ball is the worst in my opinion. Nothing more demoralizing than that.

Does anyone have a miss that happens every so often, that sucks the joy right out of you?

I have a particular miss which happens when I hit a stellar tee shot, and proceed to chunk my 2nd/approach shot. Because it's happened so often, it stays on my mind and I think it happens more often because of that.
I agree, if I happen to duff or something my second shot after a great drive, it usually takes the wind right out of my sails and takes quite a bit of mental stamina to get myself ready again.

I am not sure I should be reading this thread right now.

Putting for a birdie!......then walking off the green with a bogey. The three puts do kill!

A stone cold shank! It shakes me to the core.

Thinning a wedge for sure is the one that always gets me a little.

Back