Most Forgiving Driver in Past 5 Years?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm considering upgrading my driver. I'm looking for something that is long but ultimately my priority is to find one that is forgiving. Just based on the market's offerings in the past 5 years, which driver would you recommend?

Without knowing your swing speed or any additional info, I'd suggest trying the Ping G425

The paradym Triple diamond has been the most forgiving driver for me.

I'm considering upgrading my driver. I'm looking for something that is long but ultimately my priority is to find one that is forgiving. Just based on the market's offerings in the past 5 years, which driver would you recommend?
Have you a specific miss that you want to address above all else? That could help a lot. Assuming it's a slice or fade, then I assume there are a lot of options from Callaway and many of the OEMs. If your miss is both ways then maybe you want adjustibility. If you need help getting the ball up a higher loft driver. I assume the right answer is looking at your known issues then looking at the clubs that support correcting them.

Callaway Paradym X
Cobra AeroJet Max
XXIO X

Have you a specific miss that you want to address above all else? That could help a lot. Assuming it's a slice or fade, then I assume there are a lot of options from Callaway and many of the OEMs. If your miss is both ways then maybe you want adjustibility. If you need help getting the ball up a higher loft driver. I assume the right answer is looking at your known issues then looking at the clubs that support correcting them.
My main miss is a slice

My main miss is a slice
Cobra AJ Max. Also, plenty of folks sang the praises of the Big Bertha 21 and the new model just dropped last week I think.

B21.

Ping if you can stand the sound and feel. G430 is much improved in both categories.

Rogue ST Max/LS was equally as forgiving for me last season as the G425 Max and felt and sounded 100x better.

Pretty much any of them tbh.

Ping G410/G425 Max
Callaway Big Bertha B21
Cobra F9/Speedzone
Mizuno ST-X series.
Nice list. Would be my choices. Anything from Ping, especially SFT models, which help with slice..I have a G410 SFT, and I spend a lot of time in the fairway. I understand subsequent models are even more forgiving...

My Rogue ST Max is easily the most forgiving driver I’ve ever used without sacrificing distance. I’ve been through plenty of drivers

I found the Callaway Mavrik to be forgiving if you are looking for older generations.

My main miss is a slice
I should have added, nearly all the current (and for that matter last year - mostly) drivers will likely help - but knowing your miss is a slice then you can look at all the clubs that are internally (as well as externally weighted) to help lessen that issue. This would both help you and reduce your number of clubs that you would want to look at (sorry if that muddled things up even more).

My main miss is a slice

Callaway B21
Ping SFT series

If you are struggling with a slice, these will help keep the ball in play. They won't cure the slice but they will help reduce it. I stuggle with a left to right ball flight. These Drivers have helped me so much. I have played both the GSFT and the B21. I have said many times the B21 is the most accurate Driver I have ever played.

E723_Driver_Back_01.png

Callaway B21
Ping SFT series

If you are struggling with a slice, these will help keep the ball in play. They won't cure the slice but they will help reduce it. I stuggle with a left to right ball flight. These Drivers have helped me so much. I have played both the GSFT and the B21. I have said many times the B21 is the most accurate Driver I have ever played.
Yep. And fairways are forgiving where it counts.

Of the drivers I hit, it was the ping g425 max. That said, the Exotics E722 was pretty solid also.

Callaway Big Bertha B21........very well known to be the unicorn anti-slice driver.

If they improve on it this year, then the Callaway Big Bertha 2023 model will be even better.

Rogue ST Max, Ping G430 Max are my picks

I've really enjoyed both the Cobra F9 and Cobra LTDx. I'd be curious to try the AeroJet Max and Paradym X though!

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway B21
Callaway Mavrik Max
Tour Edge E 722/723
Ping G400/G410/G425

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway B21
Callaway Mavrik Max
Tour Edge E 722/723
Ping G400/G410/G425

I haven't found anything that can beat my Mavrik Max on forgiveness yet.

Back