Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

@Motocaddy hi! I've emailed support but havent heard back yet.

Rode in a cart this week as I was on the road for work. I missed the motocaddy. Can’t wait to get it back out this weekend.

Has anyone been caught in the rain with one of these? I know the manual recommends “limiting exposure as much as possible during HEAVY rainfall”

I have a round in about an hour and the forecast calls for a 50% chance of rain. I REALLY want to use this but not at a risk of damaging it. It should only be a lighter rain for about an hour or two and I will have an umbrella. Figured I would just see though since the manual specifically mentions heavy rain and not rain in general.

Has anyone been caught in the rain with one of these? I know the manual recommends “limiting exposure as much as possible during HEAVY rainfall”

I have a round in about an hour and the forecast calls for a 50% chance of rain. I REALLY want to use this but not at a risk of damaging it. It should only be a lighter rain for about an hour or two and I will have an umbrella. Figured I would just see though since the manual specifically mentions heavy rain and not rain in general.
To be honest, I just wouldn't risk it.

I was with the m5. I was on hole 4 at my old course, a downhill par 3. Pretty darn far from the club house and the skies opened up. GG and I walked back, everything was soaked but everything worked fine.

I was with the m5. I was on hole 4 at my old course, a downhill par 3. Pretty darn far from the club house and the skies opened up. GG and I walked back, everything was soaked but everything worked fine.
Doesn’t surprise me that it worked. You probably wouldn’t have stayed out there using it if that was an option to you though would you? I’ll probably just carry today

Light rain my ass. It’s pouring lol so no golf or M7 for me today

What bags are people using with these? Obviously the Motocaddy bags work best within the system. Curious if other cart bags still work well?

Also, still haven't heard from Motocaddy via email. Not sure how to proceed

What bags are people using with these? Obviously the Motocaddy bags work best within the system. Curious if other cart bags still work well?

Sun mountain C130 fits great.
Wilson (not sure of the model) NFL cart bag works great, callaway org 14 works great as well.

Sun mountain C130 fits great.
Wilson (not sure of the model) NFL cart bag works great, callaway org 14 works great as well.
Yea, my vessel stand bag certainly isn't ideal haha. So I'm definitely in need of a cart bag

Previously used my Callaway Fairway C. Had a little issue with the bag staying in but nothing that bothered me.

Haven’t had a chance to use my Ogio Fuse on it yet but since it’s a stand bag, I’m assuming it will be the same and sit not quite flush. The straps work really well at keeping the bag in place though as long as I don’t constantly take it over silly rough terrain

Previously used my Callaway Fairway C. Had a little issue with the bag staying in but nothing that bothered me.

Haven’t had a chance to use my Ogio Fuse on it yet but since it’s a stand bag, I’m assuming it will be the same and sit not quite flush. The straps work really well at keeping the bag in place though as long as I don’t constantly take it over silly rough terrain
Yea. My stand sits a little under the top area and its hard to get clubs in and out due to this. Stays in place pretty well though.

Ping Traverse and Pioneer are 2 good picks.

My MGI ZIP Navigator AT came with a rain cover that goes over bag and cart. Cumbersome and hard to put on quickly but works well.

Motocaddy bag is the best. All of my cart bags and staff bags fit perfectly. My Ogio stand bag is a little small and will twist because it isn’t that secure. I would get a cart bag of your choice for it.

I took the scorehard holder off as the rattling was driving me up the wall! I use Grint anyway so it was no big deal to remove it.
I should have grabbed a picture but the course I played today the scorecard didn’t quite fit. I may remove as well, but currently testing shotscope and like the backup copy, but grint could work as that’s where I keep my handicap. I would remove not because of the rattle but it makes it a snug fit in my car trunk if I keep the wheels on. The rattle doesn’t bother me and I do really like the ball holder built in as I’ve been known to pump a few into the woods.

I have a thoughts after challenging a hilly course today. It was really good but I need to ice my foot first…

Played three times this weekend. Once in a cart and twice with the M7. Yes the M7 was used at my home course but I shot a 93 in a cart and a +2 (only made it through 14 before it was too dark) and a +6. Coincidence? Maybe. I know familiarity with my course has a lot to do with it. But I just feel so much more in tune with my game when I can walk. And when I can walk unencumbered by carrying. M7 has only been used five times and it's already the best purchase of the year for me.

Also I finally was able to use my new Ogio Fuse bag and it stayed on there perfectly. Fit like a glove and never moved like my Fairway C did. I know cart bags are probably better suited for these but don't discount keeping a stand bag. Certain ones will for sure fit better than others as I just figured out.

Played three times this weekend. Once in a cart and twice with the M7. Yes the M7 was used at my home course but I shot a 93 in a cart and a +2 (only made it through 14 before it was too dark) and a +6. Coincidence? Maybe. I know familiarity with my course has a lot to do with it. But I just feel so much more in tune with my game when I can walk. And when I can walk unencumbered by carrying. M7 has only been used five times and it's already the best purchase of the year for me.

Also I finally was able to use my new Ogio Fuse bag and it stayed on there perfectly. Fit like a glove and never moved like my Fairway C did. I know cart bags are probably better suited for these but don't discount keeping a stand bag. Certain ones will for sure fit better than others as I just figured out.
Glad you got the Ogio to work with it. Mine won't and likes to twist. The only reason I haven't switched back to the Motocaddy bag is because switching bags has become a pain in my... Well, you know.

Played 18 over the weekend at a hilly course near me. This course had multiple holes with 10% grades. A few thoughts:

1 - This thing will take so much before it tips on it’s own*
2 - The downhill hill assist works as advertised
3 - It kept me fresh as I had the stamina to close with five straight pars. For this 12 handicap that’s good golf.
4 - It kept traction really well up hills or on side hills. I gave it a run really anywhere and had confidence it wouldn’t tip.
5 - The one nitpick was that when I stopped it on a steep cart path it would continue to move almost imperceptibly if pointed downhill. This wouldn’t occur on grass. It is easily remedied by turning the cart on an angle.
6 -Still sorting out best way to handle the remote. It slides easily onto belts and pockets so it’s just a matter of working out the routine.

* The M7 will tip if the operator misjudges how much space is needed to clear the last, low, fence post around a bend. It seemed none the worse for wear. The drink holder will require a bit of treatment but should be fine.

We played with carts this weekend, so I moved my clubs to my Callaway ORG 14 cart bag. Kept the clubs in there for tonight's league 9 hole round. We will see how the cart bag does on the M7.

We played with carts this weekend, so I moved my clubs to my Callaway ORG 14 cart bag. Kept the clubs in there for tonight's league 9 hole round. We will see how the cart bag does on the M7.

My M7 is on order and is expected to be available on August 1. My current golf bag is also a Callaway ORG 14 cart bag. Really looking forward to your report on how the ORG 14 works on the M7. I know that the ORG 14 has Velcro straps to help secure it to a cart. Currently, I have my clubs arranged in the ORG 14 so that my driver is in back (strap side) and my putter and wedges are in front (pocket side) so that when it is in a riding golf cart the shortest clubs are in front and the longer clubs are in the back when facing the cart from the rear. I am wondering if I will need to reverse this pattern with my ORG 14 on the M7 so that my driver is on top and the shorter clubs are nearer to the M7.

Back