CONTEST My Edel Putter Fitting

This is awesome. I’m playing.
Enjoy the heck out of it and let us know what the single biggest thing that was contrary to your current putter/setup.

F-1
Single bend
2 line alignment
380g
34.5”
1 flat
Edel flat standard grip

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
F1
Short Plumber
T-bar
35”
Std lie
15g head weights
30g grip counterweight
flat standard grip

• On Fire
  • On Fire
I only took one picture, but am supposed to be getting more info from the fitting, so will update when I get that. But in the meantime, figured I'd go through the experience.

5987C21A-33EB-4017-A06F-3DAF4EF29870 2.jpeg

We started off talking about what I was wanting from the fitting, any problems I was having, heads I like the look of, shapes I have used in the past, etc. One thing I loved about the fitting was that he let me guide it in some ways (i.e. if I asked about something, we'd try it) but steered it to where I was getting what fit, not what I liked necessarily. Pretty much every time we tried something, it reinforced that he knew what he's doing and I don't!

Next, he had me set up on a putting mirror to check length. Everything looked exactly like he wanted with the 35", so that part was real quick.

2nd step was using the lazer to pick a head shape. I had mentioned liking the looks of the F-1, so we started with that. It wasn't bad, but my aim with it was a little left (I think? could have been right) so he put me in the F-3 and it was dead center. Tried a couple different alignment plates, but the blank one was so perfect we didn't try many. Tried the other 2 heads for s***s and giggles, but the F-3 with the blank plate was far and away the best for me. He then had me try each of the hosels in the F-3 to see if it changed anything. It didn't which he said is usually the case, but he's had a couple outliers so always checks.

Next, he put something on the butt of the club and had me roll a bunch of 6ft putts to check face angle. He said I had a nice, consistent stroke and was squaring the club face other than being a half degree open a couple times so he was happy with where it was.

To fit the weight, he set up a string laid across in front of the cup, and had me hit 15 ft or so putts trying to die it on the string. First one I put all 3 balls on top of it, so we played around with some different weights after this, but settled on whatever weight it was (don't remember).

He then just had me roll a bunch more putts from the same spot to see how it was working. I struggled a little with speed control, so he started playing with the weights again and got me dialed with the 20g weights. It was crazy to me how much I could feel the difference in weight, and knew after one putt with it that it was right, but we rolled more to confirm.

One more thing, I LOVE the standard grip they use.

Overall was a great experience, I think I will probably go back for a driver fitting before too long, as replacing that is long overdue as well.

F-3
380g (20g weights)
35" length
70* lie angle (standard)
Edel Dual Layer Flat Standard grip
Single Bend Hosel
Blank alignment plate

If you've made it this far, thanks for following along. I'll go through the entries and find a winner and send the prize pack out as soon as I get my Edel swag.

You are going to learn a lot in the process. Its a lot of fun and eye opening. With the Array in hand, TP takes the win at the BB Championships!

Gonna guess you end up with B-1, short plumber with line, standard 15g weights, flat standard grip.

f-3
20g weights
35"

Edel Dual Layer Round standard
Long plumber
2 dots
69*

I'm excited to follow along.

My vote is for the F-2, because that's what I want.

F-3
slant neck
T bar
standard weight

standard lie
34.5”

F3
34"
Single Bend
Standard weight
1* flat
3 lines

Standard grip

Good luck with the fitting!

F2
Single bend
T-bar alignment
380g
35"
1˚ flat lie
Standard round grip

Have fun at the fitting! Here is my guess

F2
single bend hosel
380g head weight

34 inch
71 lie

Edel Dual flat standard grip
T Bar alignment

B-1 plumber standard weight 33.5" round grip one dot alignment 70* lie

The array F-2, 34 inches, 68* lie angle, standard weights, with the short plumber neck and single line alignment plate.

F1
370 gram head so stock 15 gram weights
71°
Round standard grip

Single bend
Double line.

I’ll play.

F1
Slant neck
33”
365g
T-Bar
1* up

Array F-2
360 g
34"
69° (1° flat)
Short plumber neck
3 dot alignment aid
SuperStroke Tour 2.0

F 2, single bend, T bar alignment aid.

This is awesome. I’m playing.
Enjoy the heck out of it and let us know what the single biggest thing that was contrary to your current putter/setup.

F-1
Single bend
2 line alignment
380g
34.5”
1 flat

Edel flat standard grip

F1
Short Plumber
T-bar

35”
Std lie
15g head weights
30g grip counterweight

flat standard grip

You can take my name out of the hat. Let someone else get in on the Edel goodness. I'm going to be getting plenty of that soon enough! Great writeup on your fitting.
Sounds good

With that case, we have a 5 way tie. Each of you will get one of the players currently tied for the lead at the Houston open. Whoever's golfer wins, they win.

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

ETA: If none of them win, highest finish. Tie for highest finish goes to coin flip.

Sounds good

With that case, we have a 5 way tie. Each of you will get one of the players currently tied for the lead at the Houston open. Whoever's golfer wins, they win.

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

ETA: If none of them win, highest finish. Tie for highest finish goes to coin flip.
LOl you might as well send that to @Wonger now! Cool putter fitting and looking forward to seeing your putter when it arrives!

• Haha
Sounds good

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

That’s fun, I love it!

Sounds good

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

I haven't had a chance to watch the tournament this week. I thought you made up team names for us until i saw Scheffler. Didn't realize the others were PGA players. Haha.

Thanks for the chance. I'll be tuning into the final round tomorrow for sure now.

Sounds good

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

LOl you might as well send that to @Wonger now! Cool putter fitting and looking forward to seeing your putter when it arrives!

I honestly thought that exact thing as I was drawing names! :ROFLMAO:
Shenanigans! How did I end up with that bum! Re-draw!!!!

Sounds good

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

I like this approach. I also like @Wonger chances.

@Bus I look forward to your thoughts on new putter. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do my EAS.

Thanks for taking us along @Bus

Back