My new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft review

Alright, here we go! Shafted and ready to be put to the test. I had a WinnLite Soft grip put on. I also had them cut it down 1/2" less than stock, so I think that's 44.5". Goal here is increased accuracy and consistant ball flight. Couldnt care less if I add or lose a few yards. Pics:

IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

looks great!!! Can't wait to hear your results

I was only able to hit 6 balls with the new setup... WOW OH WOW! That's actually what came out of my mouth every time I hit it (but once, which was a cuss at myself).

Hopefully a more technical review to come soon.

I was only able to hit 6 balls with the new setup... WOW OH WOW! That's actually what came out of my mouth every time I hit it (but once, which was a cuss at myself).

Hopefully a more technical review to come soon.

That pretty much sums up my take the 1st time I was fit for one.

That pretty much sums up my take the 1st time I was fit for one.

I REALLY didnt expect what I experienced, but I'm going to save it for the review...

I played 18 with mine for the first time today, and it really did help tame the fade/slice that had been developing with the Aldila Habanero. Ball trajectory was perfect...and the shaft performed equally well if I swung it smooth or tried to go after it harder. Really performed great, and knowing what the shaft is capable of, it is much easier for me to blame the bad results on my swing instead of the equipment.

Hard for me to tell on distances since the course was soaked and the ball stuck where it landed, but I was getting 210-220 carry with no roll, which should be a good result for me.

I hit 10 of 14 fairways and was less than 10 yards off the other 4.

Last edited:
Good to hear how it is working for you ad. I am looking forward to more on these from both of you.

Played 11 or 12 holes yesterday with RickyLanning, just for a bit of practice and fun. Didnt keep score. I did, however, keep track of FIR, and I hit all but two. The two I missed were not by much, 5-10 yards at most. My initial observations is that consistancy is WAY up, my miss is still a push, but my fade has all but disappeared with this shaft. So much so, that I'm moving the R9 settings from Neutral Left to Neutral. As a result, distance has also increased by a certain amount, but I think thats a result of a more optimal ball flight than extra "kick" in the shaft.

I still intend on doing a shaft to shaft comparison, but my time for this next week looks very busy... stay tuned.

sounds like good results so far for both of you!

Back