My son's reaction to The Grandaddy contest win...

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
My son has been away at camp for a week and had no idea I'd won. I decided to surprise him a few minutes ago at lunch as we picked him. He's been golfing for several months, just did a golf camp and knows all about The Grandaddy. Check out his reaction... Oh yeah, he's dressing like he's auditioning for a leprechaun version of NWA... Don't ask me what that's about, he's 12.

My son has been away at camp for a week and had no idea I'd won. I decided to surprise him a few minutes ago at lunch as we picked him. He's been golfing for several months, just did a golf camp and knows all about The Grandaddy. Check out his reaction... Oh yeah, he's dressing like he's auditioning for a leprechaun version of NWA... Don't ask me what that's about, he's 12.

That's awesome. Have you been to San Diego before?

That's awesome dude. It's great to see how you've embraced this opportunity

So cool to see.

That's awesome dude. It's great to see how you've embraced this opportunity
Thanks man. I haven't stopped smiling in days.

Thanks man. I haven't stopped smiling in days.

One of the reasons why I am never really disappointed to lose out to people who are so passionate. Of course I would love to win the opportunity of a lifetime but seeing other peoples reactions from winning? I really enjoy that part too.

One of the reasons why I am never really disappointed to lose out to people who are so passionate. Of course I would love to win the opportunity of a lifetime but seeing other peoples reactions from winning? I really enjoy that part too.
I've had some time to think about it and I look at it like this.

It is a gift I could never afford on my own.

It is a gift I could never make happen on my own.

It is a gift I don't remotely deserve based on forum membership time, golf handicap, anything.

It is a gift I can never repay... Except by trying to embody the spirit of past teams.

The best I can do is say thank you every chance I get, be enthusiastic and passionate about it and try to be a great teammate.

I've had some time to think about it and I look at it like this.

It is a gift I could never afford on my own.

It is a gift I could never make happen on my own.

It is a gift I don't remotely deserve based on forum membership time, golf handicap, anything.

It is a gift I can never repay... Except by trying to embody the spirit of past teams.

The best I can do is say thank you every chance I get, be enthusiastic and passionate about it and try to be a great teammate.

^^^ Perfect! ^^^

That is so cool. Although it seemed his enthusiasm waned a bit when he found out he couldn't' go....LOL Really cool to share that though.

Thanks for sharing that!

That is so cool. Although it seemed his enthusiasm waned a bit when he found out he couldn't' go....LOL Really cool to share that though.
Yeah, he is still pestering me about finding a way to fly him in... Lol

My son's reaction to The Grandaddy contest win...

Yeah, he is still pestering me about finding a way to fly him in... Lol

Perfect way...get him an account on THP and he can follow along with live thread. Just about as awesome as being there.

What a great reaction, so cool you got to catch it on tape!

Priceless!

Thats awesome!

great reaction

That's awesome!

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said and it's great seeing you letting the family be part of the experience too.

That's pretty cool. Hopefully his disappointment in not being able to join you doesn't prevent him from supporting you in your prep

This is awesome to see. As a past Grandaddy participant, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see others this way, too. Lot's of thanks to be given out for sure, but also, soak it all in. It's called the Grandaddy for a reason! Have a blast and enjoy the ride! Welcome to the team, and welcome to the Grandaddy Alumni!

That's pretty cool. Hopefully his disappointment in not being able to join you doesn't prevent him from supporting you in your prep
Ah, he's fine. We got home this evening and immediately asked about heading to the range tomorrow. He will pound balls and I will chip and putt until my chest heals.

That's awesome

Back