Nelly Korda's Stock Yardages

Looks nice. Gapping gets a bit tighter in the mid irons, I wonder if that's on purpose or not.

Yep, these are about my yardages currently. Sometimes I poke driver out there a fair bit more but for most of my other clubs this matches.

100% Ok with it too btw.

This is nice to see - She is very very talented.

Nelly's stock yardages are still longer than mine. :LOL:

Those were close to my yardages 25 years ago.

She makes it look so easy. I wonder what she keeps in the tank in reserve for when she has to step on it?
I was wondering the same. Watching on TV she had quite a few drives over 260

I always love seeing stuff like this. Plus, Nelly is AWESOME!

I would rather watch Nelly take 100 swings than Bryson take 1. Arguably the best tempo of any golfer out there

Very cool to see these. She’s obviously extraordinarily talented but I think I respect her even more for the way she is with the fans, especially the little ones. She’s Rickie level there. LPGA is lucky to have her.

I would rather watch Nelly take 100 swings than Bryson take 1. Arguably the best tempo of any golfer out there
Yeah, she's fun to watch swing. So smooth!!!

according to my Garmin data, I’m in good company. Just 500 times less consistent in hitting them. She’s amazing.

IMG_5146.png

From 50* up to 5hy she’s almost exactly 20 yds longer per club, and she hits 3w like I hit driver.

Would be interesting to see her smash factor for each club to see how efficient her strikes are.

How does Garmin calculate max distance. Huge difference between max and average.
Garmin just tracks it as the absolute longest shot you’ve ever hit with that club.

Usually it is the result of weird circumstances. For example, the 181 yard nine iron flew a green and hit the cart path behind it, then rolled way down the hill on the next fairway.

It ended up in a triple bogey. And was nowhere close to a meaningful universe of the stepped on maximum yardage.

It usually does a good job of throwing out outliers, but for whatever reason, it always captures the absolute longest you’ve had a club… Which is totally useless for anything, but a driver. it even that is useless cause it’s normally in a downhill downwind dry ground max out condition.

The club averages come out pretty accurate. If I am on a tee box or in the fairway on a calm day, that is the distance, I expect that club to go on a well struck shot.

I wish they would show the lofts with the corresponding irons in the yardages for more reference. Nowadays, lofts are so varying with clubs. One set's 7 iron could be a 5 iron in another set.

I wish they would show the lofts with the corresponding irons in the yardages for more reference. Nowadays, lofts are so varying with clubs. One set's 7 iron could be a 5 iron in another set.
Nelly is currently playing a Ping G425 5 hybrid 26*, TaylorMade P770 5i, and TaylorMade P7MC 6i-PW

Nelly is currently playing a Ping G425 5 hybrid 26*, TaylorMade P770 5i, and TaylorMade P7MC 6i-PW
But it still may not tell the story. Pros have their lofts customized a lot to fit their yardages.

Nelly's stock yardages are still longer than mine
A couple of years ago I was paired with a young lady, who at the time was playing D1 college golf. She played the back tees, I played the senior tees. :golf:

Back