New Cleveland Golf Zipcore XL Irons

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Now this is a great looking Cleveland Golf iron! You can see the input from Srixon.
IMG_0610.jpeg

Nice, glad they dropped the color badging.

I’d like to see some face and top line pics of both these and the Halo XLs. I’ve seen the sole pics of the Halo XL.

Might have to try these

I am really liking these a lot.

The sole is definitely familiar looking. Zipcore stands out to me there - wonder how they've incorporated that into an iron design?
Doesn’t Zipcore take away mass at the hosel to reposition it, bringing the CoG toward the middle of the blade?

I believe you are correct.
Adam Sandler Adult Humor GIF

Love it!!! Hopefully when they launch Cleveland finds great success with them!!

Just such a great looking iron!

First non wedge id consider from Cleveland!

Definitely intrigued and looking forward to learning more

The sole is definitely familiar looking. Zipcore stands out to me there - wonder how they've incorporated that into an iron design?
From the new catalog:
ZipCore Technology in the 8i-SW sets the Center of Gravity right where you strike the ball, giving you more consistent performance and enhanced forgiveness. And, by adding an abundance of high/low and heel/toe MOI, you'll enjoy increased feel and control.

Other innovations:
Hydra Zip - proprietary dynamic blast and laser-milled line system created roughness to enhance friction, optimizing spin for distance with long irons and control with short irons.

MainFrame - in the 4i-7i is system of channels and cavities carefully milled into the backside iron faces to maximize flex at impact. Boosting COR while also repositioning mass for a lower CG, MainFrame creates faster ballspeed plus more consistent and forgiveness.

XL Head Design - bigger head allows us to position more mass away from the center of the club for more MOI. That MOI boosts forgiveness to levels that help all your shots launch high and fly straight.

Action Mass CB - 8g weight placed inside the butt end of the shaft offers better balance for more control without extra effort. Counterbalance makes the clubhead feel lighter on takeaway and helps deliver a square face through your downswing.

Stock Shafts:
Stee:l KBS Tour Lite Stiff and Reg
Graphite: UST Helium Nanocore 60 Stiff, Reg and A flex

Nice, glad they dropped the color badging.
I agree. The blue lines on the last version made it look kinda cheap to me. Much prefer when irons stay with black paint fill only.

Definitely great looking irons and do look Srixon-esque. What level of player is the target audience for this iron? I'm guessing not exactly the same as the Halo XL, right?

First glance, those look really good. Definitely want to see the soles and how those are set up. I'm going to assume they kept the V shape from the previous versions, which would be really nice.

They’ve produced a pretty solid performing iron in this category their last few releases. So yeah, I’m excited to see more.

Now this is a great looking Cleveland Golf iron! You can see the input from Srixon.
View attachment 9218901
Missed this thread somehow, but wow, that's a really good looking iron. I'm a massive Cleveland fan, and have never disagreed with their irons. These look phenomenal.

My Apex DCBs hate these already....

Wait... what? Zipcore irons? This is the second version? Where's the first? I know I live under a rock, but it's a smaller rock so I get some news now and again. When did I miss this info? Zipcore irons now? :unsure:

Does this replace the Launcher XL? Are there new Halo's coming?
This replaces the Launchers XL's. The new Halo is called the "Halo XL Full-Face" And yes, full face grooves on every iron

Wait... what? Zipcore irons? This is the second version? Where's the first? I know I live under a rock, but it's a smaller rock so I get some news now and again. When did I miss this info? Zipcore irons now? :unsure:
These replace the Launcher XL irons. They are adding the zipcore tech from their wedge lines to this iron set in the 8i-SW irons

Back