New England Members

I'm thinking about playing Newton comm or putterham tomorrow. Anyone interested?

if you find yourself in southern ri, take a swing at beaver river. i played there today and had a really good time. not a long course by any measure but talk about uneven lies, varying elevations, doglegs, and water. overall it is a nice course to challenge your iron game.

Newton Commonwealth is having a Scramble on New Years Day - see below for the details. I would be interested in doing this if the weather isn't ridiculous (by ridiculous I mean single digits and blizzard conditions). Let me know if anyone is interested as well.

10:00 AM Shotgun Start

$45 Entry Fee Single – If signing up as a single please let us know if you have a group or if you need to be grouped up.

$160 Foursome Entry

$35 Entry Fee for 2015 Season Pass Holders/Employees (sign up in Pro Shop)

Entry Fee includes green fee, cart fee, Prizes and Lunch after golf.

Newton Commonwealth is having a Scramble on New Years Day - see below for the details. I would be interested in doing this if the weather isn't ridiculous (by ridiculous I mean single digits and blizzard conditions). Let me know if anyone is interested as well.

$45 Entry Fee Single – If signing up as a single please let us know if you have a group or if you need to be grouped up.

$160 Foursome Entry

Alex, let me know if your going to do it. I got the same email and am definitely interested.

Alex, let me know if your going to do it. I got the same email and am definitely interested.

I already reserved a 4some, if we get two more we're all set. I'll probably wait till Wednesday at the latest to let it go so a week to fill two spots.

I already reserved a 4some, if we get two more we're all set. I'll probably wait till Wednesday at the latest to let it go so a week to fill two spots.

Sounds good, I'll see if any of my buddies want to play.

Merry Christmas all you MASSHOLES. I mean that with much love of course. Hope Santa brings u all the gear u need.

Merry Christmas all you MASSHOLES. I mean that with much love of course. Hope Santa brings u all the gear u need.
Right back at ya'!

Belated Merry Christmas everyone!

Anyone have any idea what courses are and aren't open in the area? It's going to be 50 tomorrow...

No idea havent considered playin really

Belated Merry Christmas everyone!

Anyone have any idea what courses are and aren't open in the area? It's going to be 50 tomorrow...

Got an email this morning that Brookline is open all weekend. Of course, I'm working all weekend so that really doesn't help me out.

I believe Lakeville CC and Rochester Golf are open year round down in my neck of the woods. Allendale as well, which was packed today but I'm not sure if they're still offering public tee times as they're no longer listed on GolfNow.

SSCC is open but the tee sheet is pretty full for tomorrow. I played today; great day for it.

SSCC is open but the tee sheet is pretty full for tomorrow. I played today; great day for it.

I called them earlier today and they were full until 1:30. Cross winds in Plymouth was booked solid as well.

I think im going to try and play wayland cc tomorrow with my buddy if anyone is interested. They are first come first serve.

Stow acres south course is first come first served as well

Played easton county club today..it was packed!!

I played the back nine at olde scotland Friday morning, first thing. While i overall i like that course, on this occasion, i don't like the golfers it attracts. The fairway looks like someone slaughtered beavers and left their pelts all over and empty graves. I can't generalize and say no one fixes their ball marks but the greens were cratered. Bunches of lazy, inconsiderate, golfers playing there. Comparing that to today's outing at Brookside is like comparing a hoodsie cup to handmade ice cream! From arrival to exit, I was extremely satisfied. The exterior and interior appearance of the clubhouse is spot on. The attitude of the worker in the pros shop was very cordial. The starter was welcoming and offered course information. The views were beautiful and conditions, with exceptions, were very nice. The par 3 tee boxes were used. That being said, every box had 2 full containers of filler to repair your divot. The greens were very sandy. I am a bit ignorant as to offer as why that is. They were not ball marked and were pretty fast. $36.00 to walk and walking is not a terrible option but not a cake walk either. If you can, check it out as I think you will be pleased. My group will be going back. oh yeah, one word of warning, the course is lined with condos.

$160 Foursome Entry

Bumping this, looking for a 4th for Thursday.

Using Tapatalk

Come on guys we need one more. It's going to be cold, but it will be a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could. Fighting a cold though. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevermind the Scramble on Thursday, not enough interest.

Nevermind the Scramble on Thursday, not enough interest.

That's too bad - I'd have loved to play, but unfortunately not sure I'd be able to get to Newton in time.

I went to hit a bucket of balls up in Hudson NH yesterday, and they even had the grass tees reopened. I'm hoping for another rogue 45 degree day in the future, but it looks like that's not in the cards this week.

That's too bad - I'd have loved to play, but unfortunately not sure I'd be able to get to Newton in time.

I went to hit a bucket of balls up in Hudson NH yesterday, and they even had the grass tees reopened. I'm hoping for another rogue 45 degree day in the future, but it looks like that's not in the cards this week.

Yeah, I when I reserved a spot, I was wondering if they would get the interest, after their Turkey Shoot, the tourneys typically have a smaller turnout and more often than not they get cancelled.

Grass tees opened? Wow, that's pretty good, I wish it was warmer, but I'll take the sunny dry cold...

Yeah, I when I reserved a spot, I was wondering if they would get the interest, after their Turkey Shoot, the tourneys typically have a smaller turnout and more often than not they get cancelled.

Grass tees opened? Wow, that's pretty good, I wish it was warmer, but I'll take the sunny dry cold...

I wasn't aware they keep the course open this late. I know Chelmsford, which is a bit of a dumpy course the same people operate is open until snowfall, but I didn't know Newton was - I like that course.

Yeah, it was really nice. Especially since the new hybrids came, and I got a chance to get some swings in with them off of turf.

If there is no snow, then they're open. I like the staff at Newton Commonwealth, really good guys there. If they had a less expensive season pass, I'd probably get it.

Back