ANNOUNCEMENT New Marketplace Rule - You Must Include your Forum Name & Date in Listing

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We have decided to implement a new marketplace rule in order to help try to keep away scammers.

The first post of the Marketplace Rules has been updated as well, but I thought it was best to also give this it's own thread.

Starting today if you make a FS/FT/WTB thread in the marketplace You must include a sheet of paper or napkin or something like that with your forum name and the date in at least one image with the equipment to verify it's really you.

If you do not include this information, your post will not be approved by the moderators.

Makes perfect sense.

No problem 👍🏻

Sounds like a good rule to me. Hopefully this helps keep scammers away.

good rule to have!

This is becoming a problem on every on-line forum to which I belong. As always: One of the best defenses is Caveat Emptor. (The seller corollary being Caveat Venditor.) And, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Great rule; should be this way on every forum.

Keep an eye out for photoshopped pics though. Huge problem on the FB pages with scammers photoshopping a name and date into pics taken from other listings or eBay.

Appreciate you all looking out for us and giving us a marketplace to buy and sell!

Dig it and appreciate the looking out for us all!!

absolutely fair and a solid addition to the rules

Great idea!

I like this change! Thanks for making the marketplace more secure.

Good idea

Not a problem for me, but, just to ask - has scamming been rising in BST? I have not bought anything in a while - or for that matter sold.

Thanks!

I'm assuming pre-emptive measures.

Good idea. I've been scammed before, so this helps

This is a smart move. Too easy to scam nowadays.

Bumping this up.

Appreciate the steps taken to help avoid scammers

Awesome idea with all the scammers out there today.

Appreciate the rules to keep us safer!

Back