New Nead Mokume putter

gnead

Reaction score
Handicap
Something a little different to look at. Almost complete, this one is getting a sterling silver insert, sight dot and ferrule.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and embedded the images. It certainly is a different look.

Wow. It almost looks like wood. Very cool.

Copper/nickel/brass, unlike damascus this material will look better over time with zero maintenance.

It looks to good to play.

That. is. AWESOME!

Looks awesome!

Wow I would love to roll that it is stunning.

Very, very nice looking putter. I agree that it looks almost too nice to play. Curious, about how long did it take for you to be at this point in the process?

About 3 hours, the sterling silver insert is very time consuming, not done with it just yet, I do not machine the silver in have a 1927 straight line engine machine that I recently restored/refurbished
just for face engraving, posted is a early attempt now I have it perfected. The process is called gullichee and is used in making high end watches an other fine jewelry.
inclosed is a picture of this machine as wellimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

i will get this one buttoned up this weekend and post a few pictures.

Love the look of it (even though its a lefty)! beautiful work!!

... whatever happened to the push on Twitter and the putter giveaway? Need to start up a social campaign again and keep the brand growing! Bets of luck

Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Great looking putter!

Great looking putter!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That is stunning. Can't wait to see how it looks with the insert!

At first I thought it was like wood grain. I really think that looks incredible.

Gene, well done as always sir. I still have a soft spot for your BiTi mallet.

looks pretty cool.... i love the damascus look for sure and gene makes a great putter i love mine.

Beautiful. Wish I had those skills. Great work!

That looks amazing.

Nice, Gene. Good to see you still putting out the talent, that thing is beautiful.

Gene, well done as always sir. I still have a soft spot for your BiTi mallet.

Jman, you will see some a BiTi or 4 made about of this material and titanium pretty soon.

Gene

Back