NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No team that has played 14 games in the first two rounds has gone on to win the Conference final. The 8 teams that have done it have a record of 12-32 in the CF.

Well 2-1 with Caps going on the PP. THis is getting pretty interesting.

Wow, that was quite possibly the worse call ever. Clearly a goal.

Wow, that was quite possibly the worse call ever. Clearly a goal.

What happened, I missed tonight's game?

On another note, I've been listening to sports radio more and more lately because radio is just terrible and I am honestly surprised at the negativity towards the Flyers. In a town where you have the Eagles, who have never won a superbowl and the Philles, overall the worst team in sports, people are ragging on the Flyers? Don't get me wrong, I like the Phillies, interestingly enough I was a much bigger fan when they sucked and I follow the Eagles but wow are people down on hockey right now.

The funny thing is I think people did not even expect them to make the playoffs after trading Carter and Richards and now everyone is all butt hurt. I've seen Holmgren do enough to believe in what his moves but I will admit the big goalie contract scared me. So instead of bombing like everyone thought, they earned over 100 points and took out the Penguins. They got beat by a good Devils team because they couldn't adjust to that style of play and its over. The future is bright and the only really question mark is with Bryz. Meanwhile you have the sports guys sayings its been too long for a cup. GOD, it took the Phillies almost 100 years if you count the early Quakers/Phillies era to win a world series. Then it took them almost another 30 to win again. Eagles...not even sure what to say. End rant.

Caps did not even seem to want to win, how lazy can you be on defense? I am proud of them and think they have made great improvements the past few years. Until next year, see ya!

Caps did not even seem to want to win, how lazy can you be on defense? I am proud of them and think they have made great improvements the past few years. Until next year, see ya!

I agree with this, just did not bring it on the defensive end. Kind of depressing to see in a game 7 too.

I agree with this, just did not bring it on the defensive end. Kind of depressing to see in a game 7 too.

It sucks as a caps fan, but they are getting a little deeper each year. I think my biggest gripe is Ovi can be so lazy at times.

Boyle has a partial break away short handed and Wideman tried to take the puck, but fell. As he feel, he through Boyle off balance and both sort of bumped the goalie. Boyle was able to stand up and got out of the way, while Wideman sled into the goalie and the goalie, Wideman, and the puck ended up going into the net, but the ref blew the play dead after the puck was in the net and waved it off. Then said is was goalie interference? Not sure how when it was all caused by Wideman.

good game last night! caught about half of it. I think LA is gonna go to the finals.

I am moderately pumped for this series.

I am cautiously excited. I am more nervous about having to never hear the end of my Ranger fan friends than us actually losing the series if that makes sense.

It sucks as a caps fan, but they are getting a little deeper each year. I think my biggest gripe is Ovi can be so lazy at times.

Semin is just a complete waste. Talk about lazy. He should just go to Russia already.

I am cautiously excited. I am more nervous about having to never hear the end of my Ranger fan friends than us actually losing the series if that makes sense.

Hating losing more than you love winning. Not uncommon.

I'm cautiously optimistic...mainly because I'm a million times more optimistic than I was for the Flyers series, or after Game 5 vs the Panthers. The fall will be veeeeery high, so to speak.

Hating losing more than you love winning. Not uncommon.

I'm cautiously optimistic...mainly because I'm a million times more optimistic than I was for the Flyers series, or after Game 5 vs the Panthers. The fall will be veeeeery high, so to speak.

Oh I LOVE winning. I am just scared of the nonsense I will have to put up with if we lose.

Interesting that Hunter stepped down, as a past cap I figured he'd be there for a while.

Interesting that Hunter stepped down, as a past cap I figured he'd be there for a while.

Not shocked one little bit. His heart, family, and love is in London. Not to mention his money haha.

It would appear that Brad Richards had a good game. He had alot of ice time. Won alot of faceoffs. And apparently dropped 2 deuces during the game...:bulgy-eyes:

19829852.jpg

It would appear that Brad Richards had a good game. He had alot of ice time. Won alot of faceoffs. And apparently dropped 2 deuces during the game...:bulgy-eyes:

19829852.jpg

That's hilarious, classic!!!

i usually only drop a duece before the game to make myself a faster skater. he must have been lighting fast in that game! lol thats hilarious!

Need to use the intermissions to your advantage. Drop all extra bagage.

thepete....just curious what the Swedish hockey fans think of Loui Eriksson of the Dallas Stars back home? How does he rate among the current Swedish players in the NHL?

thepete....just curious what the Swedish hockey fans think of Loui Eriksson of the Dallas Stars back home? How does he rate among the current Swedish players in the NHL?

He moves the needle a bit, but mostly for his goal scoring. He doesn't get enough credit for his all-round play, but I guess that's because of where he plays and when the games are on (ie middle of the night). He's recognized for sure, but I guess he hasn't done enough for the national team to become a focal point. That's how it goes over here.

I can't wait for PHX to get the boot.. I've grown incredibly tired of smith's diving and the dirty play..

Regardless of who comes out of the East (hoping NJ so NY sends an overpayment for Nash) I really think it's LAs to lose at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back