NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Russians with a current and valid NHL contract don't return the NHL is just going to file a grievance against them. There are some serious sanctions against this sort of thing, including being ineligible for the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi.

I do, I can still remember Gretzky in a Kings jersey!!!

......and when he high sticked Doug Gilmour in the semi's and got away with it, only to score the OT winner.

......and when he high sticked Doug Gilmour in the semi's and got away with it, only to score the OT winner.

You can't really be upset are you. It was in 93 and that was the old Campbell Confrence. Please leafs wouldn't have been the Habs anyway.

I feel bad for anyone that follows me on twitter if Kovalchuk decided to be an idiot. If you think you have seen rage, you havent seen anything yet.

I feel bad for anyone that follows me on twitter if Kovalchuk decided to be an idiot. If you think you have seen rage, you havent seen anything yet.

To say I'd be livid would be an understatement. I don't think this is what will happen though - he'll play the ASG (and it makes sense to do so) and then fly over.

To say I'd be livid would be an understatement. I don't think this is what will happen though - he'll play the ASG (and it makes sense to do so) and then fly over.

Whats your twitter name pete?

Wow. Why in the world would Toronto wait until a week before the season to fire him?

Kypreos phrased it like he possibly resigned. I'm thinking he might have something lined up, maybe a position with the league?

New ownership, new direction, they might clean house.

I hope for more of the same. Leafs fans (as a majority) feel like the world owes them something on account of their teams history. I think losing is the only thing keeping them on the earth right now rather than floating away with their massive heads hahaha!

I hope for more of the same. Leafs fans (as a majority) feel like the world owes them something on account of their teams history. I think losing is the only thing keeping them on the earth right now rather than floating away with their massive heads hahaha!

I think youre mistaken. The only thing they feel owed is a team that tries, headed by a management team who cares. They dont feel like theyve had that in a while. Not too much to ask IMO. Too much emphasis on ticket sales and dollar amounts, or so they feel.

I think youre mistaken. The only thing they feel owed is a team that tries, headed by a management team who cares. They dont feel like theyve had that in a while. Not too much to ask IMO. Too much emphasis on ticket sales and dollar amounts, or so they feel.

They'll never struggle with ticket sales. That place is loaded with suits for every single game. I've got buds who pay more than I do for 4 games in Columbus just to sit in the nose bleeds in Toronto.

And I don't think I'm mistaken. I have sat back and watched the majority of vocal Leafs fans act like they are owed the best team. Like every single All Star forward is going to go to Toronto because they want to play there, and all Toronto will ever have to give up is "MacArthur, Schenn, and a 2nd" (over, and over, and over again last year). If that isn't the majority, then it's the majority of vocal fans via twitter, message boards, etc.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Why would they want to play in X NHL city when they could play in Toronto?"

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Why would they want to play in X NHL city when they could play in Toronto?"

Ive never heard that. Ever. So maybe Im uneducated. But they dream of the days that they sign a big star, rather than place their hopes in a has-been or could-be. All they want is a possibility. Not every all-star, but any one.

Theyll never struggle with ticket sales, youre right, which is why the prices are through the roof, for everything including refreshments. Its too much of a business.

Whats a hockey?

Do they make velcro skates? I may be interested.

New ownership, new direction, they might clean house.

They have had since May to fire him but wait until 9 days before the season? You wait until he already had the full offseason to sign and get rid of guys to make the move? This must really be about Luongo. Burkes first 2 years were awful but the last 2 years he has obtained and absolute hoarde of young players. The Marlies are if not the best, the 2nd best team in the AHL and they have alot of good young talent. They need to figure out the goaltending position but I doubt Luongo is that guy.

Let be honest, no one wants to play in Toronto.

I'm probably one of very few, but I actually liked Burke.

Whats a hockey?

Do they make velcro skates? I may be interested.

Hey Jar Meagle. Welcome to the NHL thread..haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back