Nike Dymo Str8 Fit

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I just watched the Immelman video at the merchandise show again to see how he actually tinkers with the driver, and noticed it's mainly about twisting the head and screwing it on and tightening to adjust it.

Because commercials are so stupid these days and don't deliver any information. I am curious on how it is actually adjusted compared to the R9?

With the R9 is the head screwed loose and then tightened again to adjust? Or is it a simple turn of the hosel or what is it?

Also with the Str8 Fit, can you adjust the loft as well? I only see Immelman advertising the driver as open and closed.

I would like to know anything I can about it.

Input is appreciated.

Both drivers are adjusted technically the same way with different tools. The R9 uses your typical wrench that comes in from the bottom and unscrews the head from the shaft and then you line it up to 8 different settings. All are open and closed with the exception of Neutral and Neutral Upright which can change the loft slightly.

The Str8 uses a proprietary wrench that works on the hosel and beeps when complete. Also very easy and has the same 8 functions as the R9. Both work EXTREMELY WELL and are great in terms of finding the right fit.

One more thing to add. Nike went a step further and included a slot in the headcover to hold the wrench. We really wish that TM had done the same, but in the end, our bags have so many pockets nowadays, it really is not a big deal.

Dent, just like the standard and upright on the R9, that is what can be done on the Str8.

Dent, just like the standard and upright on the R9, that is what can be done on the Str8.

I'll most likely be purchasing it when I get home. I'll give you guys a little review. thanks for the quick replies JB.

The Str8 will not be out for a while and will carry a pretty heavy price tag. For someone that knows what kind of ball flight he likes and where his ball is going, the DYMO makes more sense. Especially for the budget conscious. The Str8 is a great driver and we are getting good feedback on public testing, however it is a DYMO for the most part.

The Str8 will not be out for a while and will carry a pretty heavy price tag. For someone that knows what kind of ball flight he likes and where his ball is going, the DYMO makes more sense. Especially for the budget conscious. The Str8 is a great driver and we are getting good feedback on public testing, however it is a DYMO for the most part.

I read somewhere it was coming out April 1st in Canada?

Also, it is just as much as the R9, and I have a $200 gift certificate. I'd like to be able to shape my shots a bit more..

you wouldn't recommend the Str8 fit for a single digit?

We have pricing listed as $399 for the R9 and $499 for the Str8.

It is included in our shoot out that we have been working on and we will have it paired up with 10 or so drivers with 8 guys of all skill levels giving feedback.

Dent,
Kepp in mind that it is just the pricing sheets we received and maybe the price is lowered or changed at release.

But I thought with your study had you going for the Monster?

Dent,
Kepp in mind that it is just the pricing sheets we received and maybe the price is lowered or changed at release.

But I thought with your study had you going for the Monster?

Yes I just checked my local golf store website, and they are availible for Pre-order at $499.99 which would be around 399.99 US.

I like the monster, but I feel the sound is just a little too much for me, and the head shape really bothers me as well.

Dent, what's wrong with just getting the DYMO? I tried it, and I loved that thing.

Dent,
I think you should try the Str8 then, because the sound is very loud as well.

Not true. The Air Force One is close. The Sweet Spot Golf ladies driver is just as loud as the Monster as well, but only when hit by Amollerud and Cameron at my club. When Cameron hit it during the review, it was the loudest we had ever heard a driver.

I don't think it's as much as the nose as it is the tone. in Immelmans video, it was loud, but a solid "thunk" sound.. the monster is like a high "ting"
"

I think that the Str8 and the DYMO are both a ting sound to me. But everyone hears something different.

I'm still trying to answer that question myself.

The technology is very alluring isn't it Dent? :D

But really, if you want that changeability then why not just try the R9? It's a great driver, I love mine.

He did try the R9 and really liked it.

He did try the R9 and really liked it.

Oh, I must have missed where he said that he tried it. :confused2:

But Dent if you like that then pick that one up! :D

Oh, I must have missed where he said that he tried it. :confused2:

But Dent if you like that then pick that one up! :D

It is for sure a Toss up between the R9, Str8 and Dymo, I'm going to demo them all again.

DYMO and STR8 should not be in the same sentance. Because they are the same driver. Just one has custom options. If you know what you want in a driver (open or closed), for the most part, it is a non-issue. We love the driver as we also love the R9, but for most players at your level, you should consider one or the other.

I think at your time in this game of golf, you are considering the cool factor as well. And trust me, it is COOL!

DYMO and STR8 should not be in the same sentance. Because they are the same driver. Just one has custom options. If you know what you want in a driver (open or closed), for the most part, it is a non-issue. We love the driver as we also love the R9, but for most players at your level, you should consider one or the other.

I think at your time in this game of golf, you are considering the cool factor as well. And trust me, it is COOL!

I agree, if you know what you want Dent just get the DYMO. I personally only got the R9 because of the numbers it gave me, and the feel. I have it in the open position, and I won't change it from that much, if at all.

Back