Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3 Wood Review Thread

That thing looks like it will be a mini cannon off the tee. Love the headcover as well. I'm surprised that they used the Ahina over the Kai'li for the shaft

Sorry, figured Id save you the time waiting considering there is a picture of it in the first post.

I think Id prefer the PX to the diamana in this case, but who knows. Looks like a pretty solid golf club to me.

Thanks Jake!

I hit the non "limited edition" version of this club, with the PX shaft, and thought it was a really solid offering. I bet this thing does the ticket for old Jake.

initial thoughts have me interested, my current 3W albeit long, has been balooning, and this time of year with the wind, thats a big no no

Sorry, figured Id save you the time waiting considering there is a picture of it in the first post.

My eyes aren't as young as yours. I knew it was a Diamana but I didn't/still don't see ahina anywhere on that shaft, lol

I love the look of this fw wood. I bet its an absolute cannon off the tee, but the deeper face makes me think it would be tough for me off the deck. Sharp looking head cover too. Looking forward to your review Jake.

John Deere Tap'n...

Digging the look of these woods. Interested to see how this fares after an impressive sounding start!

I was able to get out for some more testing over the weekend and this 3 wood was used heavily in the rotation, especially off the tee. The course we played wasn't real long but more of a target type of course where you really had to pick your play from the tee box and the demand is on accuracy much more than length. I had a great day using this off the tee, it's longer than almost any other 3 wood I've used. The ball flight for me was lower than anything I've been hitting as of late and that is really what had me most excited about using this. It was windy out so this ball flight was staying pretty low and I found my dispersion was nice and tight because of it.

I did get a couple of chances to hit it off the deck, once on a down wind par 5 that I was trying to knock the ball up around the green and another on a longer par 4 that I didn't get off the tee real well on. Again this 3 wood is deeper than a lot of them out there and once off the fairway I did catch it kind of clunky, the ball didn't get up in the air hardly and all and I lost quite a bit of distance but it did stay straight which basically equated into a solid lay up on that par 5, no harm done. The other one I caught very solid and it performed just as I thought it would dead into a pretty stiff wind. It started nice and low and gradually climbed where the wind really got a hold of it but I still ended up on the green with a birdie putt.

Next time I get out I'll get a close up video to share the sound with you, it has a real nice sound. Slightly higher pitched as far as I was concerned but just an over all real solid sound. You always knew how well you hit it the second you heard it, as did the people playing with me. The guys I was playing with commented a few times about the great sound.

Around my course I only use 3 wood off the tee for sure on 1 hole and depending on the wind another one but based on how I was hitting this I could see myself using it off the tee at home much more often. I see the ability to pick targets and get the ball to those spots to better attack a hole rather than just banging driver and hoping it's in the fairway somewhere.

Weather forecast is very promising so I'll get more updates with video for you this week.

Nice update P4B. This wood sounds very solid, though the deeper face may still make some folks struggle off the deck. Good to hear you hit one well off the deck though, and a nice result!

Nice update P4B. This wood sounds very solid, though the deeper face may still make some folks struggle off the deck. Good to hear you hit one well off the deck though, and a nice result!
I've now hit it several times off the deck and all but 1 have been just fine. Even the one I caught clunky which resulted in a not go great shot still went close to 175 or so yards and straight. I'm sure everyone has had that shot before, caught a little clunky and it doesn't get up in the air much but has a lot of top spin and bounces and rolls for a ways, that's all this was. I would have been screwed if I was trying to carry a hazard mind you!

I've now hit it several times off the deck and all but 1 have been just fine. Even the one I caught clunky which resulted in a not go great shot still went close to 175 or so yards and straight. I'm sure everyone has had that shot before, caught a little clunky and it doesn't get up in the air much but has a lot of top spin and bounces and rolls for a ways, that's all this was. I would have been screwed if I was trying to carry a hazard mind you!

That's still a great result. Glad to hear it is easier than expected to get off the deck. Sounds very nice.

I told you I had some videos from a round last week, they are below.

Here's the tee shot I hit on the par 5 2nd. This hole is a dog leg left that is very important to hit the fairway. I said the ball was on the right side in the video but as you'll see from the next shot it was on the left side. This was a well struck shot and you can get a great sense of the sound from this video.

[video=youtube;bK5hS-q3PeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5hS-q3PeY[/video]

Here's my 2nd shot on that same hole. I was hoping you'd be able to see the trajectory but it doesn't look like you can. I hit this well, you can hear it was maybe just a tad on the heavy side but still a very solid shot.

The videos were from a round the other day, yesterday I played and used this 3 wood off the tee a number of times. I hit bombs off the tee with this thing. I can definitely say that this is the longest 3 wood I've ever used off the tee. The shaft feels like a perfect marriage with this head to me, the ball flight is a nice mid to mid/high flight that really just wants to take off straight and stay there. This just might be my favorite 3 wood, I'm really loving the testing of this club.

Great stuff Jake! I had the chance to hit a few of the Nike woods this morning at PGA SS and came away very impressed. The sound is definitely solid but I was really impressed with the feel and distance seen from this line.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great update P4B! I really want to hit this one.

Thanks for the videos. I have never really been a Nike fan when it comes to clubs. But, this one looks pretty good at address. It looks like it would really inspire confidence as that head looks big.

Thanks for the videos. I have never really been a Nike fan when it comes to clubs. But, this one looks pretty good at address. It looks like it would really inspire confidence as that head looks big.
This club just looks and feels different and in my opinion better than any other Nike FW I've ever tried. The actual size of the clubhead doesn't appear that big at address, it seems like you're using a mini driver in a way. It's kind of hard to explain but I really like it.

Wow that sounds amazing Jake! Thanks for putting up these vids! I really like the sound and the looks of these woods!

Here are two more I shot the other day. The first one you can see it went high right away, I lost probably 10-15 yards because I hit it so high and it was back into the breeze but still a solid shot off the deck.

Back