Not looking good for Boston...JB where you at ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
*edit* Not looking good...

I'm sure everyone gets it though.

I know. The team has been killed by injuries and when their MVP went down (KG) so did their season for the most part.

I love watching Paul Pierce choke in this series.

BTW, I predicted BOTH of those Ray Allen shots last nite.

I know. The team has been killed by injuries and when their MVP went down (KG) so did their season for the most part.

It doesn't surprise me one bit how much they suck without KG. They are back to being Tin Men looking for their heart.

I love all the talk when someone goes down. If I remember correctly you guys played us straight up last year (well you were without that stiff of a center) and GOT SMOKED.

I love all the talk when someone goes down. If I remember correctly you guys played us straight up last year (well you were without that stiff of a center) and GOT SMOKED.

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not even a Lakers fan(my brother is, so I watch them quite frequently)... but Bynum is a STIFF? WTF? Are you smoking something?

Tell me when he contributed anything other than taking up space. He is a stiff until he proves otherwise. 10 points or so and 10 rebounds are Tony Battie numbers.

I was just pointing out the injuries and waiting for the excuses to come around with KG out of line up. More injuries just pours on more excuses. Even with the lack of one of our key big men last year we made it to the finals. Let's see if Boston can even get out of the first round.

Hmmm...that's funny because looking at his stats, it seems to me that Bynum scores one point every 2 minutes (rounded). KG has about the same thing. and KG only averages .5 more RPG than Bynum.

Strange.

EDIT: Actually, Bynum has a VERY slight stats increase over KG when it comes to PPG/MPG ratio.

He plays less minutes because he cannot stay out of foul trouble. So not a fair comparison. And stats do not make a player (see Iverson)

He plays less minutes because he cannot stay out of foul trouble. So not a fair comparison.

He averages 2.1 mins less per game. Not really that much different.
(THIS YEAR, last year he didn't play much because of frequent injuries)

Stats do not make a player Floppy. He is absent in the 2nd half of every game.

Stats do not make a player Floppy. He is absent in the 2nd half of every game.

LOL, whatever. Say what you want.

Ill tell you what. When you have watched as much basketball over the years and not fallen in love with every winner (IE yankees, bulls, etc..) come back and make that argument.

if stats were what mattered, Iverson would have 10 rings, the Lakers would have won last year, and the Suns would have been unstoppable for the last 5 years.

What KG brings to the game cannot be measured by numbers. Any true basketball fan can see that.

Ill tell you what. When you have watched as much basketball over the years and not fallen in love with every winner (IE yankees, bulls, etc..) come back and make that argument.

if stats were what mattered, Iverson would have 10 rings, the Lakers would have won last year, and the Suns would have been unstoppable for the last 5 years.

What KG brings to the game cannot be measured by numbers. Any true basketball fan can see that.

First off, I'm not a Bulls fan lmao. I'm going for the Bulls against the Celtics because I hate Paul Pierce with a passion, that's all.

I like the Yankees because my entire family is from NJ and have been Yankees fans their entire lives. Thanks for the random assumption that I'm a bandwagoner though!

I'm not saying KG is bad. He is better than Bynum, no question. I just don't feel that you calling Bynum a stiff was accurate at all. He may not be an "all star" yet, but he is CERTAINLY a force, and COULD have brought a title to LA if he had been there in the Finals. Just trying to put up an intelligent argument, because I didn't agree, that's all.

Brought a title to LA last year? They got smoked out of the gym in those games and Bynum was not going to guard Allen and Pierce as they lit up Kobe "i got away with rape" bryant.

I was already saying this. I'm sorry but KG is the only one that brings anything to the entire team. I already expected Boston to go nowhere without him. Bynum puts up the numbers we need him to put up. He gets into foul trouble only because he being agressive in the paint and establishing the paint as we need him to. You can't compare Bynum to KG anyways, KG is a HOF. KG brings passion and heart into the game and team.

Brought a title to LA last year? They got smoked out of the gym in those games and Bynum was not going to guard Allen and Pierce as they lit up Kobe "i got away with rape" bryant.

Is that all you got out of my post? I assure you that with Gasol AND Bynum both in the lineup, the Lakers would have had a much better chance last year. I'm not saying they WOULD have won it, I said they COULD have won it.

He would be protecting the paint so that Pierce would have had a harder time driving to the basket. How many foul shots did he shoot in the playoffs because nobody was their in the paint? You can't tell me Bynum would not have effected their game plan.

Last edited:
Sure he would have affected the plan. But neither he nor the soft Gasol can match up with a solid presence down there. He fouls out way too often. Call it aggressive D, yet Howard and other great defenders dont pick up fouls like him.

If he was in any other city, nobody would know who Bynum is. He gets airtime because he is aside the greatest sports criminal to escape charges since OJ. He has yet to prove that he is worthy and so far this year, he has been average at best. In fact if you want to go by stats, he has done nothing that most of their other centers didnt do.

Sure he would have affected the plan. But neither he nor the soft Gasol can match up with a solid presence down there. He fouls out way too often. Call it aggressive D, yet Howard and other great defenders dont pick up fouls like him.

If he was in any other city, nobody would know who Bynum is. He gets airtime because he is aside the greatest sports criminal to escape charges since OJ. He has yet to prove that he is worthy and so far this year, he has been average at best. In fact if you want to go by stats, he has done nothing that most of their other centers didnt do.

Well, in the stats case, seeing how this year he is pretty even w/ KG in terms of stats...you're basically saying that if KG didn't has his attitude,etc, just his skills/performance, he would be a stiff in your eyes?

Its not attitude Floppy. You cannot grade what he can do on the court. The same way you could not grade what Bill Russell could do. They change games without scoring! To compare Bynum to him is completely ridiculous!

Its not attitude Floppy. You cannot grade what he can do on the court. The same way you could not grade what Bill Russell could do. They change games without scoring! To compare Bynum to him is completely ridiculous!

I'm NOT comparing Bynum to Garnett. I already said that Garnett is hands down the better player. But that anyone with stats even SIMILAR to KG cannot be a stiff.

Ill tell you what, you keep believing that. Someday maybe Bynum will turn into a force. Right now he is an average player at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back