NPR Tiny Desk Concerts

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
The Tiny Desk is a Youtube rabbit hole that I find myself down several times a year. They'll have all kinds of acts from little known performers to some of the most well-known artists in the world. They just passed 1,000 concerts a few months back, so what are some of your favorites?

Here are a few of the ones that I keep in the rotation:

I'll be honest, as a big music fan I'm embarrassed to have only seen one and it was Dua Lipa. I definitely liked her a lot more after watching it though.

Love the Mac Miller one! 🙏

Jason Isbell
Frank Turner
Nathaniel Ratliff
Gary Clark Jr.
Brandi Carlise
Courtney Barnett
These are just a few that came to mind right away but I’ve watched a ton. If you’re looking for a couple of other rabbit holes check out The Current and KEXP You Tube channels you’ll get stuck there too.

I can't say I've ever heard of these - don't really listen to the radio, but I am definitely intrigued. Youtube here I come!

Love the TDCs! I remember watching a Wu Tang one and a Roots one that were awesome.

I've watched the Cranberries one so many times! Loved Dolores O'Riordan's voice.

Only one I saw was Wilco and I can’t believe that was in 2016! I’ll have to look at some of these.

So many good ones, have to think about where to start.

Tiny Desk is how I learned about Moon Hooch!

absolute fun!

Never heard of Tiny Desk......guess i am going to have to google

Never heard of Tiny Desk......guess i am going to have to google
They’re a really fun watch. No fancy frills, just music.

They’re a really fun watch. No fancy frills, just music.
my fav's are the no frills, especially the covers done like Little Big Town Scattered Smothered and covered

There was a series a few years ago called 'live from Daryl's house" Daryl hall had a lot of people in to do music in no frills jamming, check out the series but especially the Darius Rucker episode

There was a series a few years ago called 'live from Daryl's house" Daryl hall had a lot of people in to do music in no frills jamming, check out the series but especially the Darius Rucker episode
That's another great series! Great one here with Billy Gibbons:

I really enjoyed the Billie Eilish one. T-Pain was excellent as well. If you like these stripped down versions, I would also recommend Mahogany Sessions and SoFar on YouTube.

Back