Odyssey Putters 2012

Took the #7 outfit it's maiden voyage. I wasn't playing too great at all, but getting up and down saved me.

Was quite impressed with 13 putts on the front. More impressed with the 12 putts on the back. 25 putts today. Amazing how well you can score when you make putts rather that 2 putting every hole.

Took the #7 outfit it's maiden voyage. I wasn't playing too great at all, but getting up and down saved me.

Was quite impressed with 13 putts on the front. More impressed with the 12 putts on the back. 25 putts today. Amazing how well you can score when you make putts rather that 2 putting every hole.

Damn dude those are some sick putting numbers. Awesome!

Damn dude those are some sick putting numbers. Awesome!

Yeah. I was quite impressed with it on the course today, I'm hoping it's not just the honeymoon phase. The #7 has long been my favorite putter, glad to have it back in the bag.

The MX insert is definitely softer than the Pure Roll in the Spider Ghost. If you're rolling that Spider Ghost well, it will take some serious adjusting to get used to the MX Doc.

Congrats Jman. It's about time you add something interesting to that collection of yours :alien:

That is great info TC! Thanks!

Yeah. I was quite impressed with it on the course today, I'm hoping it's not just the honeymoon phase. The #7 has long been my favorite putter, glad to have it back in the bag.

Wtf was I looking at a golo again? lol

WE, that is a crazy solid day on the greens sir! Congrats!

Wtf was I looking at a golo again? lol
No idea dude, the #7 is about as good as it gets at the moment. Wish i would have foubd the 35" sooner thab friday.

WE, that is a crazy solid day on the greens sir! Congrats!
Thanks dude, it saved me multiple strokes today.

Having had time to digest my round today, figured I would post some thought up on the Metal X #7. Today was my first round with it, and having long been a fan of the shape of the #7, I was immediately comfortable standing over it. The balance it had during a putting stroke is phenomenal, and it seemed like every putt I had was dead down my intended line. Not to sound like a homer, but the insert is unlike any that I have ever played, and just puts a great roll on the ball. Im also a big fan of the slight upgrade they made on the alignment aide, it isnt much, but the white line in favor over the two red dots from the past #7s is great, and framing the ball with the 3 lines is effortless.

Hoping to see solid results again when I play Wednesday.

I have tried out almost all of the Metal-X products, and I am still astounded on how many 15 footers I have made/come within 6 inches of. Overall, one of the best putters on the market today(not to dis the Scotty, TMaG, Scotsdale, and other putters.)

Damng W.E. that's great!!

Awful day with the #1, one more chance than its sold and I am buying the #9. Everything was coming up short, very short.

Awful day with the #1, one more chance than its sold and I am buying the #9. Everything was coming up short, very short.
I had been having that problem as well, amazing what happens when I switch back to a mallet type putter.

I had been having that problem as well, amazing what happens when I switch back to a mallet type putter.

I know, its so weird. I made more putts with the mallet but also blew a bunch way by vs the blade style my miss was always a tap in. Yesterday was brutal, I should just take my loss and but the #9.

Cant wait to get the 2ball. I cant roll the 8 with any consistency. I just have zero confidence with it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Cant wait to get the 2ball. I cant roll the 8 with any consistency. I just have zero confidence with it

That was fast. LOL, it's been like 2 rounds of golf.

Its just a confidence issue. Not knowing if you can get a putt on the line you want is draining. Went back to my mid mallet and felt good over the ball again.

Its just a confidence issue. Not knowing if you can get a putt on the line you want is draining. Went back to my mid mallet and felt good over the ball again.

I hear ya. It's something I'm working on with my NC putter.

I worked for a couple of hours yesterday on short putts. The difference between the 8 and the mallet was stark.

I worked for a couple of hours yesterday on short putts. The difference between the 8 and the mallet was stark.

Well, at least you know what works best for you dude. I'm working very hard with my putter.

Do you have a consistent miss?

Got a chance to try out the Metal X line not too long ago. I came away.... unimpressed. They seemed to put a beautiful roll on the ball, but something just felt weird about it. It felt a little harsh to me. I need to get back to a shop and give them another try, I suppose. Maybe it was the balls I was using.

Do you have a consistent miss?

Not really man. I can lag putt the fire out of it, but it's those 4-6' that plague me.

I rolled your #8 quite a bit at Golfsmith Chunky and that is the one thing missing from that putter, consistency. I even rolled the #6 better which Ive never rolled before.

I got my #7 on the course this weekend and I think I am going to end up really liking the club.

We played a pretty crappy muni-course, and the greens were as slow as I have ever played on. I left several good putts 3-4 revolutions short. Tomorrow I will be playing on the fastest greens in the area, so I hope to have a much better report about how the club is doing.

As of now, I am kinda wishy-washy about it. It rolls the ball well, but I missed a lot of "shouldn't miss" putts with it. It felt a little harsh too, but I had to knock the snot out of the ball on everything longer than 15 feet.

Metal X.... really nice insert putter. IMO one of the best i have ever felt. but its still an insert which im not a huge fan of. but i really did like rolling the #6 today i have a Betti Widebody Jam thats almost identical to the size and shape of the #6 really a nice putter and like Jman said its not normal for a OEM to be putting that kind of putter out on a production model. really nice to see.

Back