Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review by Hawk, and the v-line putter has an appealing look to me so will definitely be keeping an eye out for it over here to try and give it a roll

Great review Hawk. I believe the WHP line is going to be very successful for Odyssey. I'm not gone on the grip either

I picked up a Pro V-Line at the weekend and love it.

40ft birdie with it on its first outing...

Wow, great review Hawk. I am glad Odyssey went back to this insert vs last years, much better feel, IMO. Also, the new V Line design looks phenomenal, and it is a design that is right up my alley. Well done!

Really cool to see what they did with bringing back all of the familiar heads and touching them up before placing them into one new lineup.

The price point is extremely solid. Only thing I don't personally like is the offset shaft but that's all personal preference obviously.

Had no idea about the alignment lines indicated the type of balance in the putter, extremely smart of them to do that and make shopping easier for the educated consumer.

I am really impressed by Odyssey putting the EyeFit system in place, if for no other reason so that an individual can get a better idea of what other models might work for them. I will have the WHP #2 CS someday...love that one, but to have 16 models (most of which everyone knows) and to have them at such a great price point really puts these on the radar of most anyone shopping for a new flatstick.

Thanks for reading guys. I hope there was some helpful information in there. I actually learned quite a bit about the line during this review, not to mention Odyssey in general.

This is definitely their bread and butter. What I find very interesting is the number of MC'rs that went the route of the White Hot Pro series. Goes to show that their is strength in proven success and familiarity.

Great review hawk looking forward to getting my #1 and I've really enjoyed my time with the #3. Insert on these is by far one of the best I've ever felt. Glad they went back to a such a popular insert.

You don't know how badly I wanted to buy your #3. I just couldn't find a way to justify it.

Hahaha it's nice I love that I'm going old school and using a plumbers neck and an insert for the MC this year. Everything I usually don't like in a putter. I'm sold on the insert at least. And I LOVE the head cover.

Finally got a chance to sit down and read the review. Awesome info. This was one I was interested in, having used the original White Hot for so long, but its nice to see the progression.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the new insert vs the original if you get a chance to try them out. In terms of looks, they hit a homer with the gunmetal PVD as far as I'm concerned.

Very nice Hawk!

I'll admit, I've never been a White Hot fan but the feedback about the Pro insert has me intrigued. The V-Line doesn't fit my wyw but I could see a LOT of mallet guys falling in love with that head-shape and alignment system.

Very nice!

I think it's a great looking mallet, but like you, I'd probably lean towards a different style. Probably #3.

I think it's a great looking mallet, but like you, I'd probably lean towards a different style. Probably #3.

Yep, I love the #3, a favorite design of mine. The CS Mallet though definitely catches my eye.

Putter looks great, not too sure on the grip though.

From a looks standpoint, I liked the grip, but I see where people that don't like it are coming from. It's not for everybody.

Thanks for doing that Hawk! Glad the inserts are new and improved over the previous years!

Great review as usual Hawk. I really need to go try these putters. I have probably 5 older model Odyssey putters sitting in the bedroom. Might have to grab one and put it in play tonight. I really do like the insert in some of my older models, including the saber tooth.

Sorry for the poor iPhone pics :bashful:

I'm nudging this to the top, its a really solid read.

Thanks Jman. It is appreciated!

Hood writeup Hawk. I rolled one of these at GS a week or so ago and did enjoy it. The V-line is interesting but my heart will always be with the Odyssey 2Ball. Just wish wasn't always the most expensive one... I'd have no problem rolling one of these. Great option for the Cally staffers in the MC.

Don't hold me to this, but I think that's what Paula Creamer was using at the Kraft Nabisco.

Back