Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

That's a great looking putter jman

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the V line James and tank works edition consider me drooling.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thats a sweet looking putter, and of course your photos James are the best and show all the detail.

Crap. Quality pics. I should know better and stay away from these kinds of threads. Now i want one. The hands-on geek in me is drooling over the weight kit, and the practical putter in me likes the blocky alignment visuals.

These pictures are also being added to the first post, but with the size of the thread I think it merits putting them here as well:

DSC_0325-XL.jpg

DSC_0324-XL.jpg

DSC_0327-XL.jpg

DSC_0326-XL.jpg

DSC_0328-XL.jpg

DSC_0329-XL.jpg

DSC_0330-XL.jpg

DSC_0331-XL.jpg

DSC_0332-XL.jpg

DSC_0333-XL.jpg

DSC_0334-XL.jpg

DSC_0335-XL.jpg

DSC_0336-XL.jpg

DSC_0340-XL.jpg

DSC_0341-XL.jpg

DSC_0342-XL.jpg

DSC_0343-XL.jpg

DSC_0344-XL.jpg

DSC_0345-XL.jpg

DSC_0346-XL.jpg

DSC_0348-XL.jpg

DSC_0349-XL.jpg

DSC_0350-XL.jpg

DSC_0351-XL.jpg

DSC_0352-XL.jpg
Looks amazing James

Any chance of a #1W down the pipeline in this line, with a double bend shaft?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No plans right now, but since Koske is a certified Launchaholic, you never know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the V line James and tank works edition consider me drooling.

Great pics JMan. As was posted earlier, these babies are gorgeous in person. The embossed tank looks especially sweet. Pre Sale coming next week!

Great pics JMan. As was posted earlier, these babies are gorgeous in person. The embossed tank looks especially sweet. Pre Sale coming next week!

I really loved the WHP V line,my favorite putter I have owned. This one may in fact have a spot in my bag......who am I kidding it most certainly will!. Will keep my eyes out for this one. Thanks for the heads up sir

Hey Jman! How you liking it so far? Still looks beautiful every time I look at it!

Hey Jman! How you liking it so far? Still looks beautiful every time I look at it!

Been relegated to rolling it nightly on my Tour Links thanks to some family things that have come up in relation to who is watching Lotte for me, but will be getting out for 54 tomorrow and hopefully 36 each day after thanks to Fall break.

That said, still a big believer in the roll that the Fusion insert puts on the ball, strange to think that a thin mesh makes that much of a difference but based on side by side comparisons with the plain WHP insert putters (which I did for the V-Line Big-T review) there is a definite visible difference in the roll off the face. Acoustically its ok, not dead, but definitely not a milled type sensation, plenty of feedback for those who require it though IMO. I've been lucky enough to review the V-Line shape 3 times now so its no stretch for me to go ahead and say that its a shape that squares the ball insanely well if you like mallets, and its frankly no wonder its become one of their most popular shapes. The star here though is still the "T" alignment on the V-Line, face and target alignment in one package.

Will definitely tinker with the weights as I get going here, as of now the heaviest weights are in the head and grip (its what I preferred in last years Cruiser V-Line so its a starting point). I'll also say their versa finish has improved exponentially from the initial versions which frankly looked quickly done, its not my personal favorite look, but its at least very well done now in quality/aesthetics.

Thanks! I definitely agree with the versa. At first I thought it was kind of a gimmick, with the black and white look, but the cool gray and blue really looks nice. I definitely need to take a look at the cruiser line!

Will they have the 2 ball fang with the line?

Been relegated to rolling it nightly on my Tour Links thanks to some family things that have come up in relation to who is watching Lotte for me, but will be getting out for 54 tomorrow and hopefully 36 each day after thanks to Fall break.

That said, still a big believer in the roll that the Fusion insert puts on the ball, strange to think that a thin mesh makes that much of a difference but based on side by side comparisons with the plain WHP insert putters (which I did for the V-Line Big-T review) there is a definite visible difference in the roll off the face. Acoustically its ok, not dead, but definitely not a milled type sensation, plenty of feedback for those who require it though IMO. I've been lucky enough to review the V-Line shape 3 times now so its no stretch for me to go ahead and say that its a shape that squares the ball insanely well if you like mallets, and its frankly no wonder its become one of their most popular shapes. The star here though is still the "T" alignment on the V-Line, face and target alignment in one package.

Will definitely tinker with the weights as I get going here, as of now the heaviest weights are in the head and grip (its what I preferred in last years Cruiser V-Line so its a starting point). I'll also say their versa finish has improved exponentially from the initial versions which frankly looked quickly done, its not my personal favorite look, but its at least very well done now in quality/aesthetics.

Good review. Thank you much

Good review. Thank you much

Just the tip of the iceberg my friend.

Will have more thoughts up today before I set to start putting this one to paper for the homepage review.

Will they have the 2 ball fang with the line?

No plans as far as I have seen. Auto pinstripe works great there though for an easy DIY.

Yeah I've done it before. It was convenient to have it as a stock option in the original works model

Yeah I've done it before. It was convenient to have it as a stock option in the original works model

Definitely, thats how I personally feel about CS models, but in the end its all about what's most popular and can help with moving a more specialized design like these off the shelf. I'm with you though, as far as the 2 ball goes, I prefer WITH the line.

Definitely, thats how I personally feel about CS models, but in the end its all about what's most popular and can help with moving a more specialized design like these off the shelf. I'm with you though, as far as the 2 ball goes, I prefer WITH the line.

Same here. Love the line on a 2 ball

Got 7 rounds in on this one the last 5 days and a ton more work on the Tour Links with it as well.

Thoughts:
  • It should surprise no-one that the V-Line shape is as popular as it is, its full mallet benefits wrapped into a very traditionally styled overall shape.
  • The Big-T alignment was MEANT for this head IMO. The way it contrasts out the flange for target and face angle alignment works, and works well.
  • The finish is MUCH MUCH MUCH improved from the original Versa lines. I prefer the Big-T black/while personally, but the silver/black on course and in the sun is a quality look. No cheap-ish kind of feeling to it anymore, VERY nice to see.
  • The Fusion RX insert works. WHP distance and direction benefits all across the face but with an improved sound and more importantly roll thanks to the mesh face. The fact that the mesh is pliable and not rigid is IMO what makes all the difference here.
  • From 12 feet and in the accuracy/proximity to the cup with the alignment scheme is quite lethal.
  • The tank graphics are insanely well played. Too fun.
  • Just as with the original Tank Cruiser line I reviewed last year, the weights offer full adjustability, I prefer 30g in the grip and 2x20g in the head all day for max weight, my buddy yesterday vastly preferred 15g in the grip and 2x10g in the head. TRUE adjustability, that IMO will be used a TON more than weights in drivers because you don't need to be hitting full shots on a course/range to dial it in.
  • Personally prefer the 38" model to the 35" here for review, but thats because I'm a 36" putter guy.
  • SS 2.0 shape is a good middle ground for people, won't be for everyone, but a majority shouldn't have issues getting used to or just using it.
  • Counter-balance isn't going anywhere, its not for everyone, but with the anchor ban looming we will undoubtedly see many go to the extended CB setup because ti really can emulate that anchor point.
  • Just a very well rounded putter, for mallet users it really does merit a few trial putts.

Great thoughts, James. Really want to try one of these in the #7 head.

Hi Iceyshanks, I am done with bigger or thicker handgrip. The original odyssey handgrip is identical to super stroke 2.0 xl plus. No weight counter balance at the handgrip' s end , and no epoxy counter weight inside the shaft's end. I also shortened it from 38 to 35 inch.

Hi Iceyshanks, I am done with bigger or thicker handgrip. The original odyssey handgrip is identical to super stroke 2.0 xl plus. No weight counter balance at the handgrip' s end , and no epoxy counter weight inside the shaft's end. I also shortened it from 38 to 35 inch.
Sorry for the confusion, so it is the cruiser model or just the tank?

Back