Off Course – Introducing Aretera Golf Shafts

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The introduction and deep dive into Aretera Golf.

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 189. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, Alex Dee from Aretera Golf joins the show, to discuss this new brand that he is launching.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Alex talk about his time at Fujikura and take a deep dive into Spread Toe Carbon Fibers. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as the Alex Dee of Aretera Golf goes Off Course.

Episode 189 is here and Dan and Alex discuss the following topics.

Alex’s Backstory in Shafts including Fujikura
Laminate Theory and Beam Theory
Spread Toe Carbon Fabrics
Aretera Golf in the Shaft Industry
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Untitled-11-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Excited to dive into this one and listen!!

All in on this episode, can’t wait to listen.

Going to listen in a few minutes! Woooo!

Getting all excited about all this tolerances talk.

Will be listening to this later!

Spread tow fabrics is interesting.

Numerical fitting designators not R.S,X !

“negative connotations for a flex when a fitting is there in a non traditional flex”

Love it!

Numerical fitting designators not R.S,X !

“negative connotations for a flex when a fitting is there in a non traditional flex”

Love it!
Quite a few are in that direction. Kinetixx, UST Mamiya, Project X. Prefer that way to take ego away and allow the golf shaft to be a timing device rather than a measuring manhood.

Quite a few are in that direction. Kinetixx, UST Mamiya, Project X. Prefer that way to take ego away and allow the golf shaft to be a timing device rather than a measuring manhood.

Yep!

I’m excited to see these new materials get used. It’s in every part of the golf shaft from butt to tip and 50% of the weight of the shaft.

What really surprised the team was, which tip section the testing pool liked. It was contrary to industry standard.

Man this is exciting!

Great Podcast, tons of shaft knowledge! Sounds like Alex is really excited about the shaft and the design they came up with. Excited for it to be dropped!

Great Podcast, tons of shaft knowledge! Sounds like Alex is really excited about the shaft and the design they came up with. Excited for it to be dropped!

I agree! I just wonder what the price point will be

Fascinating tech discussion out of the gate

Fascinating tech discussion out of the gate

I agree. I learned a lot and also learned that I didn't know a lot. :ROFLMAO:

I also learned that @Canadan still has some canadian left in him when using the would stout.

Curious about @Canadan take after the interview on the new brand and the technology that was discussed.

Curious about @Canadan take after the interview on the new brand and the technology that was discussed.
One of my biggest takeaways was in the player testing, how many leaned into the more active tip. I get that feeling 100% but for me it's usually more of a stiff vs x-flex type of logic, even if it includes a hard or soft step.

From a shaft perspective, I think this is SO interesting. Creating the feeling of load without making too many functional concessions.

I agree. I learned a lot and also learned that I didn't know a lot. :ROFLMAO:

I also learned that @Canadan still has some canadian left in him when using the would stout.
Need to level up my Ohio?

Stahwt.

I've missed your voice, you golfing legend. I am both smarter for listening to this, and also realizing I don't know anything.

Oh 💩!!! I cannot wait to listen.

This is music!!! Sweet sweet music!

Need to level up my Ohio?

Stahwt.

You might need too.

Seriously though, this Off Course blew my mind. I really think it is going to be a market disrupter for those who are interested in it on the after market side.

Kind of a neat picture showing the difference between the carbon fabrics

IMG_1361.jpeg

Back