Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind, I guessed right! LOL

Wow what an ending to the Idaho v. BGSU game. Going for the 2-point conversion...gutsy call.

That was such a great game, I wouldnt have had the guts to go for 2, not in a bowl game.

is it just me or has this been the craziest bowl season in a REALLY long time...i think i've pick 4 bowls correct so far...

On the bright side, I am in fourth place in possible points!

Nebraska is off to a fast start, Go Big Red

Was a great showing by the Huskers last night. That should have Husker Nation pumped up for next year.

Looking at this bowl game going in, I thought it was a good matchup and would be a good tight game. I don't know if Arizona just didn't show up, or if the Pac-10 has just been overrated, but the Nebraska offense didn't look that good against any Big 12 opponent all year. Then again having 3 weeks to prepare helps a lot. The Nebraska defense continued to perform as they have all year. I look forward to seeing how big Suh does in the NFL next season.

I was really impressed with the Huskers, they dominated the entire game. It's good to see them playing well again after those down years.

Was a great showing by the Huskers last night. That should have Husker Nation pumped up for next year.

Looking at this bowl game going in, I thought it was a good matchup and would be a good tight game. I don't know if Arizona just didn't show up, or if the Pac-10 has just been overrated, but the Nebraska offense didn't look that good against any Big 12 opponent all year. Then again having 3 weeks to prepare helps a lot. The Nebraska defense continued to perform as they have all year. I look forward to seeing how big Suh does in the NFL next season.

Since I'm a Pac-10 fan, the conference teams' performance in their bowl games this year have been mostly disappointments. USC and UCLA won their games; Cal lost and Oregon State and Arizona were blown out. Hopefully Oregon redeems the Pac-10 tomorrow.

Since I'm a Pac-10 fan, the conference teams' performance in their bowl games this year have been mostly disappointments. USC and UCLA won their games; Cal lost and Oregon State and Arizona were blown out. Hopefully Oregon redeems the Pac-10 tomorrow.

Well as an ACC fan, I've been disappointed in their showings so far, 1 - 3 overall. I know people didn't expect much from them, but I had hopes that they would prove some people wrong. Hopefully VA Tech, FSU, and GA Tech can get victories to give the conference a winning bowl record, which would be respectable for the ACC.

Well as an ACC fan, I've been disappointed in their showings so far, 1 - 3 overall. I know people didn't expect much from them, but I had hopes that they would prove some people wrong. Hopefully VA Tech, FSU, and GA Tech can get victories to give the conference a winning bowl record, which would be respectable for the ACC.

+1 on that. although i was pretty impressed with the UNC game. stupid penalty probably cost them the game. butch davis is doing great things with that program. as soon as carolina becomes a threat in football, it looks like we'll be the ACC powerhouse for years to come.

+1 on that. although i was pretty impressed with the UNC game. stupid penalty probably cost them the game. butch davis is doing great things with that program. as soon as carolina becomes a threat in football, it looks like we'll be the ACC powerhouse for years to come.

I didn't even know UNC had a football program:D

I am pretty sure the ACC is banking on FSU, Miami, Va tech, and a few others more than they are UNC. But ya never know.

I am pretty sure the ACC is banking on FSU, Miami, Va tech, and a few others more than they are UNC. But ya never know.

yeah for sure, but there's no reason why UNC can't be beating all them consistently in the next couple of years. look how far the program has come in the last 2-3 years. FSU's in trouble and Miami and Va Tech are always gonna be strong but UNC is breathing down there necks.

And i was talking about major sports across the board at UNC. Once the football program catches up, b/c it will, then they'll be a fairly dominant ACC school at just about everything.

Ouch, BTW I don't admit that KU has a football team either. Some schools will always be basketball schools in my mind.

KU wasn't great this year but the past few years they've been fun to watch. I'll never forget the drubbing they put on the heels two years ago in the final four. I had about 35 silent people partying at the house.

yeah for sure, but there's no reason why UNC can't be beating all them consistently in the next couple of years. look how far the program has come in the last 2-3 years. FSU's in trouble and Miami and Va Tech are always gonna be strong but UNC is breathing down there necks.

They said the same thing about Duke when Spurrier was there. In my opinion UNC will never be a dominant football program. Tough recruiting in that conference when you are recruiting against yearly powerhouse schools that dominate. FSU has been in trouble, but their recruiting has been strong for 2 straight years. Miami is definitely going to be back and Va Tech still strong.

I hope it happens, but I just do not see it. Sparks here and there, but in the end, I think the same happens as it always does to these types of situations.

Butch Davis has done some good things there. They are definitely a team that can't be overlooked by the traditional ACC football powers anymore.

My Terps have been struggling the last several years. They had the second youngest team in D1, outside of Army, this year, so hopefully the experience gained will get us more than 2 wins next year - maybe we'll double it to 4 :smile:

Butch Davis has done some good things there. They are definitely a team that can't be overlooked by the traditional ACC football powers anymore.

Now that I agree with. But this was their year. Everybody was down in the ACC and they were preseason ranked. Yet they did not live up to the potential.

In all seriousness I believe that it's hard to get top tier football recruits to a school like Carolina, Duke or Kansas. They don't have a great football tradition and the players know that short of winning a National Championship they will never be the big men on campus. While schools like Florida and Texas, which are pretty stout in both sports have the advantage both from a recruiting base and geographically. That's just my opinion.

And i was talking about major sports across the board at UNC. Once the football program catches up, b/c it will, then they'll be a fairly dominant ACC school at just about everything.

I assume you are just talking about basketball and football there. Because golf, tennis, and baseball are HUGE at Miami and FSU.

Now that I agree with. But this was their year. Everybody was down in the ACC and they were preseason ranked. Yet they did not live up to the potential.

I think based on the ACC divisions, and the down year in the ACC, the team that took advantage was Clemson. The Coastal division still presented a fairly uphill climb for UNC, with GA Tech, VA Tech, and Miami. While the Atlantic division was a joke that Clemson took advantage of.

true, true. i guess i just have high hopes.

I assume you are just talking about basketball and football there. Because golf, tennis, and baseball are HUGE at Miami and FSU.

sure, those sports are huge at the florida schools but unc has dominated the past couple of years in baseball, then look at their soccer program, look at their mens and womens programs, across the board, they are far more dominant than Miami and FSU.

In all seriousness I believe that it's hard to get top tier football recruits to a school like Carolina, Duke or Kansas. They don't have a great football tradition and the players know that short of winning a National Championship they will never be the big men on campus. While schools like Florida and Texas, which are pretty stout in both sports have the advantage both from a recruiting base and geographically. That's just my opinion.

I don't consider Texas to be a basketball school. They didn't win it with Durant or AJ. They are nasty this year but I look at them as a football/baseball powerhouse. Carolina simply reloads in basketball and I think they are going to surprise A LOT of folks in football next year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back