Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I walk into Walmart, I can randomly throw a stone in the college clothing section and hit the logo of a recent national champ. I love the SEC.

Go blue, and good luck on the season ahead to everyone. 29 day's until kickoff:banana:

Moving to a new area is pretty funny when you come from where we have lived the last few years. Every store walking in and seeing huge displays of Gamecocks and Tigers is funny to me for some reason. Do the people here not realize how irrelevant their teams are? :D

Get ready for 90% of the Des Moines population to be wearing Hawkeye gear. The other 10% will be cyclones.

Get ready for 90% of the Des Moines population to be wearing Hawkeye gear. The other 10% will be cyclones.
I've seen it much more split lately, with Ames being closer to DM than IC I'm not surprised.

Not buddies with him and he's not who I was talking about... but definitely a case of wasted talent... though he's still plenty young enough make the most of it if he set is mind to it.
T-Rod from the 2001 and 2002 State Championship teams is who I was talking about. He just had an extra gear when it came to chasing down those deep passes.

I was close...lol. I just guessed Basmine because he flamed out after he came to us as well. Not sure he lasted a week.

Moving to a new area is pretty funny when you come from where we have lived the last few years. Every store walking in and seeing huge displays of Gamecocks and Tigers is funny to me for some reason. Do the people here not realize how irrelevant their teams are? :D

Welcome to my childhood, it was pretty interesting. For the record, I'm a Gamecocks fan in that rivalry, my dad has season tickets. Still, neither of those teams have done much on the national stage.

In related news, War Eagle must be happy, Clemson's star WR Sammy Watkins was suspended for the first 2 games of the season: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/clemson-all-american-watkins-miss-2-games

Welcome to my childhood, it was pretty interesting. For the record, I'm a Gamecocks fan in that rivalry, my dad has season tickets. Still, neither of those teams have done much on the national stage.

In related news, War Eagle must be happy, Clemson's star WR Sammy Watkins was suspended for the first 2 games of the season: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/clemson-all-american-watkins-miss-2-games

My dad is a die hard Clemson guy and I give him hell every year when he is ultimately let down by their football team. That said, their rivalry can get pretty nasty at times a-la the brawl a couple years back. HE played baseball there and said it even got pretty nasty there sometimes too.

Hahaha! That's funny, a Clemson fan making fun of Auburn.

The good news is he will only need one outfit. He can call it his Rickie Fara Fowler Tiger Look. The mold fits. Look absurd while letting down millions of fans week after week.

I'm really surprised tOSU isn't ranked in the top 25. I know these polls are worthless but I figured they would be voted in the top 25, even though they probably don't deserve it. Michigan at 10? I don't think so...

I'm really surprised tOSU isn't ranked in the top 25. I know these polls are worthless but I figured they would be voted in the top 25, even though they probably don't deserve it. Michigan at 10? I don't think so...
Wake me up in week 6 when we have actually seen these teams play and have a real idea how good they are. These polls are a joke and should not be used for anything other than pre season talk.

Wake me up in week 6 when we have actually seen these teams play and have a real idea how good they are. These polls are a joke and should not be used for anything other than pre season talk.

Yah I know. I'm just surprised because they are usually way overrated.

Yah I know. I'm just surprised because they are usually way overrated.
I agree. Just for Urban alone I thought they might be ranked top 5.

I agree. Just for Urban alone I thought they might be ranked top 5.

I figured the same although not top 5 I figured around 20ish. They are gonna go on a tear this year since they are eligible to play in nothing. Murphy's Law.

The good news is he will only need one outfit. He can call it his Rickie Fara Fowler Tiger Look. The mold fits. Look absurd while letting down millions of fans week after week.
I wonder if Puma makes a flat brimmed Clemson hat?

they cant be ranked they are not allowed any votes this year in the coaches poll from the sanctions they recieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back