Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSU always seems to have issues beating NC State, especially when they're ranked. It would have been nice to see where they could have been had they not lost, but I doubt they'd be in the national championship coming from the ACC. If Bama and Oregon don't lose, they'll be playing, had FSU gone undefeated or not.

With LSU and Georgia out of the runnings and Florida going strong right now I just don't know what we'll be seeing from the SEC in the BCS title game. FL, SC, MS showing some promise, but in the end it'll probably be AL again. I just feel like they have to lose sooner or later though... so that makes me question things. I mean sooner or later the odds say that you have to drop one, right?

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Someone go check on JB after that FSU meltdown.

Sent from Tapatalk

Nah, I am apparently the only FSU fan (at least in this thread) that once again thought the team was a little overrated. They beat a team in Clemson with an absolutely abysmal defense and that is really it. While some may look differently, I have said in this thread that I thought FSU had a few more things to prove before calling them as good as most were. Tonight showed that again.

Sadly, it all comes back to QB play for me. Shoot, going all the way back to the time Rix was named the starter, I don't think FSU has had good QB play. Not at the level they want to be competing.

I also assume bahester will have a massive hangover tomorrow.

Sent from Tapatalk

I remember that guy. Won a set of irons recently, but have not seen him since.

Last edited:
Im still winding down from the SC v UGA game, its was ridiculous in the stadium. The Cocks showed up the play today, but im sure all the haters will keep bringing up things like the UK game and the Vandy game.

Im just hoping they keep a level head and grind out the games like they have been, ugly or not a win is a win.

Going to be a fun one down on the Bayou next week.

It was a complete beat down, the cocks were ferocious during the first quarter and very steady the rest of the game. They knocked the fire out of my Dawgs early, that was easily the best game I have ever seen USCe play against us. I just don't see how anyone can pull against Lattimore, what a classy young man, good luck. Congrats on the win.

It was a complete beat down, the cocks were ferocious during the first quarter and very steady the rest of the game. They knocked the fire out of my Dawgs early, that was easily the best game I have ever seen USCe play against us. I just don't see how anyone can pull against Lattimore, what a classy young man, good luck. Congrats on the win.

I can, come 3 Saturdays from now!

I can, come 3 Saturdays from now!

Well, I understand what you are saying buddy and good luck in the game but Marcus is a great RB but also seems to be a really humble and classy kid who always points out his teammates during interviews. I am a fan of Lattimore and wish him the best.

Well, I understand what you are saying buddy and good luck in the game but Marcus is a great RB but also seems to be a really humble and classy kid who always points out his teammates during interviews. I am a fan of Lattimore and wish him the best.

No doubt. But I still have to hope we stuff him! Probably not but you gotta have faith. :D

Sorry for jinxing you Ryan. :beat-up:

With Florida State, Georgia, and LSU going down, looks like WVU is gonna be moving on up!

With Florida State, Georgia, and LSU going down, looks like WVU is gonna be moving on up!

WVU vs Oregon with Gus Johnson doing the play by play. :bomb:

I believe the earth shifted over night with two Carolina teams playing well. State was a bit of a shocker based on first half play but SC looks solid. But I have come to expect GA to have a one or two loss season

Nah, I am apparently the only FSU fan (at least in this thread) that once again thought the team was a little overrated. They beat a team in Clemson with an absolutely abysmal defense and that is really it. While some may look differently, I have said in this thread that I thought FSU had a few more things to prove before calling them as good as most were. Tonight showed that again.

Sadly, it all comes back to QB play for me. Shoot, going all the way back to the time Rix was named the starter, I don't think FSU has had good QB play. Not at the level they want to be competing.

I just spit my coffee out at the mere mention of Chris Rix.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I believe the earth shifted over night with two Carolina teams playing well. State was a bit of a shocker based on first half play but SC looks solid. But I have come to expect GA to have a one or two loss season

I dont follow the SEC as closely as many, but as an outsider, how does Mark Richt stay employed at UGA? Seems like they are the classic underachiever, and with some bad losses. I've heard hes a pretty nice guy, but still....

In my head I knew they were overrated but when you start getting to 4-0 or 5-0 you start to let those Nat'l Championship thoughts creep in. I knew it was a long shot but once again NC State bites us in the arse again. With the type of dynamic talent FSU has on offense, the play calling has been very traditional and predictable. The "Great" defense that some people were hailing absolutely cannot give up a TD there. Thats the difference between a good team and an overrated team. We all saw it on display. I wouldnt say I am shocked, just disappointed.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Got home from the nc state win at 2 am and could only sleep for a couple hours. I'm still pumped. I have no voice though. Well worth it. :)

yup, I wish I coulda be on Hillsborough St last night! I bet the place was going berserk

Just finished the NCSU game on dvr, what a big win for that team. Sure FSU was a little over ranked but in the eyes of many State should have had no shot.

Go Pack!

Ugh, watching that game reminded me exactly of Rix. It was like watching him vs Maryland or NC State when he'd do something stupid last minute that'd blow the game. Kinda like taking a 15yd loss on third down and taking us out of fg range.

Missouri Tiger fans are in full blown meltdown mode this morning. Lot's of calls to fire Gary Pinkle. Really? I swear, fans are so knee jerk.

Missouri Tiger fans are in full blown meltdown mode this morning. Lot's of calls to fire Gary Pinkle. Really? I swear, fans are so knee jerk.

Fandom can be beautiful as a sunset or violent as a tornado. It just depends on how the wind blows.

Fandom can be beautiful as a sunset or violent as a tornado. It just depends on how the wind blows.

In this instance, it just cracks me up. I am not a Tiger's fan, but I do appreciate the job Pinkle has done with this program over the last 10 or so years.

I dont follow the SEC as closely as many, but as an outsider, how does Mark Richt stay employed at UGA? Seems like they are the classic underachiever, and with some bad losses. I've heard hes a pretty nice guy, but still....

He was definitely on the Hot Seat last year early and then ran off 10 straight wins to quiet the talk, needless to say it was being talked about early with the caliber of players we have on scholly and the calibre of football we seem to play. Last I saw UGA was #3 in past players on NFL rosters, we should be in the mix almost every year but it seems we are still underachieving every year. His .740 winning percentage is impressive but not when you compare it to the quality of players who have played here. When the players seem to click for a particular game they can play with anyone, as witnessed in the first half of last years SEC Championship game, when they are not clicking on their own it seems the coaches just don't know what to do as witnessed during the second half of that same game.

He is a popular guy as he is a very likeable man but he needs to realize that a head coach must not only recruit great players, he must surround himself with great coaches, he is loyal to his coaches to a fault and that will probably be his undoing. Sadly UGA look woefully underprepared last night and USCe was fully prepared, easy to see why they won so easily even though our defense will probably have 5 players taken in the NFL draft before the 2nd round is over.

So Ohio St actually looked halfway decent last night so I figure they will probably lose next week.

Braxton Miller just can't be stopped.

Okay so the new poll is out and LSU is back in the top 10???? Michigan is #25 at 3-2???? Geez!

I think if West Virginia defense picks up some slack, they can make a legitimate run at Alabama IMHO

I think if West Virginia defense picks up some slack, they can make a legitimate run at Alabama IMHO

I like you, A LOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back