Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that Oregon lost. K-State would have been the "easiest" win out of the top 4 IMO. Bama will be the toughest, should both win out.

I don't like ND or the SEC... Ugh, thanks Oregon and Kansas State.

I am officially pulling for a UF-UGA rematch in the BCS title game. I think both of those teams are grossly over-rated, and they might both lose this next weekend, but I would LMAO if the SEC got a second rematch title game, and it was with two completely different teams.

That "SEC YA" poster at gameday got under my skin, even though it was kind of clever.

There's little chance GT beats UGA. Anything is possible, though.

I will say, however, that I think Florida and Scar are going to get beaten this weekend. Scar in particular is due to lose a game to Clemson. Too many fat and happy gamecocks in Columbia resting on the SEC.

This season has shown that there is no complete team in college football. Bama showed it last weekend, Oregon showed it this weekend. I admittedly have not watched KSU until last night, but I was not impressed watching them get boat-raced by Baylor.

Crazy that ND will officially be #1 later tonight when the rankings are released. I'm personally hoping they win next week and that they have to play Bama just so ND fans have to shake their heads during the whole national championship.

I am officially pulling for a UF-UGA rematch in the BCS title game. I think both of those teams are grossly over-rated, and they might both lose this next weekend, but I would LMAO if the SEC got a second rematch title game, and it was with two completely different teams.

That "SEC YA" poster at gameday got under my skin, even though it was kind of clever.

I don't think Florida should get in to the BCS championship. If you can't even play for your division championship, why would it be fair to beat out those who did and won?

Also, FSU should take care of the UF noise. UF has a solid defense, but a really weak offense. How do you only put up 23 on Jacksonville St? Even with the second string!

Crazy that ND will officially be #1 later tonight when the rankings are released. I'm personally hoping they win next week and that they have to play Bama just so ND fans have to shake their heads during the whole national championship.

I am hoping the Trojans actually show up for the game next week. Another upset would be awesome, but if Barkley is really hurt then I not holding my breath.

Tennessee has fired Dooley according to my Twitter feed. Press conference coming at 2 PM to formally announce it. Not shocking and inevitable, but finally being announced.

So that was the collective sigh of relief I heard. I thought he was a bad hire from the start, hopefully they'll take some time and make a good hire.

I hope they play Bama too. I want to see ND embarrassed on a national stage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So that was the collective sigh of relief I heard. I thought he was a bad hire from the start, hopefully they'll take some time and make a good hire.

I consider Dooley the Tennessee equivalent of Mike Shula in many ways. Kiffin left UT just a couple weeks before signing day at which time most of the good hireable coaches were gone, as well as rumors I've heard that Tennessee wasn't offering much salary wise. Obviously you have to at least show signs of winning and improving, but almost all of Kiffin's one recruiting class left (which would be the Seniors this year), Dooley's first class (now Juniors) was hampered by the hiring timing, and his last two classes have been pretty decent. By the end of last season it was pretty evident that the powers that be were almost done with Dooley, and they had a hard time finding warm bodies for the coaching staff (Sunseri as evidence). In a lot of ways, there was little chance he could be successful with all that going on, so I do feel a bit sorry for him.

I too hope UT can find a good coach this time. It's really sad to see how disinterested this fan base has become.

I wouldn't wish Mike Shula on anyone. Tenn has some talent, but they have huge gaps from their good players to the rest of the team.
Think Sunseri comes back to Tuscaloosa?

I wouldn't wish Mike Shula on anyone. Tenn has some talent, but they have huge gaps from their good players to the rest of the team.
Think Sunseri comes back to Tuscaloosa?

I have no reason to think this, but depending on staff openings, I could see Sunseri and Dooley on future Saban staffs.

I don't think Florida should get in to the BCS championship. If you can't even play for your division championship, why would it be fair to beat out those who did and won?

Also, FSU should take care of the UF noise. UF has a solid defense, but a really weak offense. How do you only put up 23 on Jacksonville St? Even with the second string!

I think UF will lose to FSU also, and I don't think they should be ranked higher than a lot of 1 loss teams out there, but they are. Alabama says, if your only loss is to the #1 ranked team, then it shouldn't matter that you missed out on your conference championship game. And, yes, if ND loses and UGA beats Bama, then UGA will be ranked #1. Which is stupid. UGA doesn't do anything particularly well.

I think UF will lose to FSU also, and I don't think they should be ranked higher than a lot of 1 loss teams out there, but they are. Alabama says, if your only loss is to the #1 ranked team, then it shouldn't matter that you missed out on your conference championship game. And, yes, if ND loses and UGA beats Bama, then UGA will be ranked #1. Which is stupid. UGA doesn't do anything particularly well.

I forgot UGA was the team that beat UF. That would be awful. Georgia doesn't look anything like #1. This is like 07 when USF somehow got to #2 after beating Auburn and someone else

Kind of wish Ohio State was bowl eligible... would like to see them lay the smackdown on ND.

Tapped from my S3

Kind of wish Ohio State was bowl eligible... would like to see them lay the smackdown on ND.

Tapped from my S3

Maybe next year, I'm just hoping they blast Michigan

I see all these rumors about Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big 10, personally I just don't get it as it's a long road trip for us midwestern states, but that's the way it goes I guess. Maybe it'll give them an excuse to get rid of the leaders and legends divison.

We're still at #11, but we're ahead of USC now. Some of the projections still have us in the Sugar Bowl, now against LSU. I doubt we'll make a BCS Bowl, but still hmmmm.

I see all these rumors about Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big 10, personally I just don't get it as it's a long road trip for us midwestern states, but that's the way it goes I guess. Maybe it'll give them an excuse to get rid of the leaders and legends divison.

I don't get either team. Rutgers has the worst fanbase in sports... Maryland has what? I guess they want some eastern tv sets. All about $.

Tapped from my S3

I see Florida State is being loved on by the BCS rankings. That's cool. I didn't expect to be in the top 5 or anything like that, but to not move up at all the past couple weeks?

I see Florida State is being loved on by the BCS rankings. That's cool. I didn't expect to be in the top 5 or anything like that, but to not move up at all the past couple weeks?

Same thing with us dude. It's annoying, but I get it.

It sucks that my school is done with their season already, after winning the National title in D2 last year.

Same thing with us dude. It's annoying, but I get it.

I don't. 4 weeks ago we were 9th. We went to 10th, and haven't moved in 3 weeks. Other teams above us have lost and 7-9 all have two losses. Uh, move us up please. That's how that works right?

I don't. 4 weeks ago we were 9th. We went to 10th, and haven't moved in 3 weeks. Other teams above us have lost and 7-9 all have two losses. Uh, move us up please. That's how that works right?

Yeah. It's that stupid strength of schedule thing. You guys have only beaten us and we haven't beaten anyone good. So those 3 two-loss teams will remain ahead of us and you guys.

No way it happens. The Maryland athletic department is bankrupt and cutting sports left and right, they absolutely do not have the $50mil for the ACC buyout. Plus they bring nothing to the Big Ten. They have a crappy stadium, horrible fans, and less support in DC than Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back