Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I love, ND fans thinking 10-12 of their games are "Huge Rivalries"... COME ON.

You know what are Rivalry games?

OU vs Texas
tOSU vs Michigan
Army vs Navy
etc....

The only ND opponent that i would consider a true rival is USC.

Edit: Must have not refreshed soon enough as JB beat me to it... I HATE ND FANS TALKING ABOUT MULTIPLE RIVALRIES...

Can't forget UGA v GT, Good Old Fashioned Hate

Hello Notre Dame vs Navy.

What, they are 71-12 against them... If it wasn't for ND's 43 game win streak against them in the second HALF of the 20th century, the H2H score would be alot closer. :alien:

We just picked up Bret Bielema from Wisconsin! Great move IMO.

I like it. Coaching choice is COLT approved. Don't think that really carries any weight, but I still approve.

Agreed, very random. He is building a house on a lake in Wisconsin which is very close to being finished, and supposedly he fired the contractor Friday so I'm guessing AR threw down the big bucks.

Seems to be going in a COMPLETELY different direction than Petrino, I wonder how he will fare recruiting in the SEC.

I like it. Coaching choice is COLT approved. Don't think that really carries any weight, but I still approve.

I love it. It's half and half here, some fans are complaining because he isn't a big name hire. Our fans need a reality check, just because we had a few good years under an amazing coach like Petrino(I said coach, not man lol) doesn't make us a top school. We're not even a top school in the SEC, people should more than happy with this hire ..who wants to coach a program after Petrino's sex scandal and John L Smith's horrible year? It's a mess.

As far as rivalry games go, there has to be a ton of passion from both sides and it has to occur each and every year. I experienced Purdue vs. Indiana in person this year, and wow do those two teams not like each other, especially if you talk to some of the fans that have been around for quite a while. Purdue has a chant where they holler, "I U Sucks" the crazy part about it is they'll cheer it in the middle of a game against Minnesota. That's a rivalry when there's is mutual disgust.

As far as rivalry games go, there has to be a ton of passion from both sides and it has to occur each and every year. I experienced Purdue vs. Indiana in person this year, and wow do those two teams not like each other, especially if you talk to some of the fans that have been around for quite a while. Purdue has a chant where they holler, "I U Sucks" the crazy part about it is they'll cheer it in the middle of a game against Minnesota. That's a rivalry when there's is mutual disgust.

If you want to experience pure unadulterated hatred, comee on down to Alabama the week of Thanksgiving. The Iron Bowl has enough hate for everyone.

Agreed, very random. He is building a house on a lake in Wisconsin which is very close to being finished, and supposedly he fired the contractor Friday so I'm guessing AR threw down the big bucks.
Like I said, it's a solid hire, he is a good Coach. However, one of the things he was known for was keeping the Wisconsin recruits in Wisconsin, and not letting them get recruited out of state. It will be interesting to see how he can recruit in the SEC.

Like I said, it's a solid hire, he is a good Coach. However, one of the things he was known for was keeping the Wisconsin recruits in Wisconsin, and not letting them get recruited out of state. It will be interesting to see how he can recruit in the SEC.

If he can bring in players like Montee Ball who is from MO, I'll be okay with that. :)

I just sent this text to Jman:

since the head coaching position is open, do you think Bob Stoops would take it? After all, at least Wisconsin can make BCS bowls.

To which I ignored it and changed the subject. Hehe

Well now that the forum knows, there's no unringing that bell.

Well now that the forum knows, there's no unringing that bell.

Unringing what? Chances of it? Zero IMO. I think if he ever leaves its for the NFL. Just me though.

Unringing what? Chances of it? Zero IMO. I think if he ever leaves its for the NFL. Just me though.

Well now you're getting serious.

You know what I love, ND fans thinking 10-12 of their games are "Huge Rivalries"... COME ON.

You know what are Rivalry games?

OU vs Texas
tOSU vs Michigan
Army vs Navy
etc....

The only ND opponent that i would consider a true rival is USC.

Edit: Must have not refreshed soon enough as JB beat me to it... I HATE ND FANS TALKING ABOUT MULTIPLE RIVALRIES...

Did we just talk rivalries and leave out the one that has produced three straight national champions?

If you want to experience pure unadulterated hatred, comee on down to Alabama the week of Thanksgiving. The Iron Bowl has enough hate for everyone.

Did we just talk rivalries and leave out the one that has produced three straight national champions?

I didn't forget, lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't forget, lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Damn this too much rep given in 24 hours business!

On the subject of rivalries, Pitt/WVU certainly qualifies as legit. Big time hatred there, tons of history.

Wisconsin/Minnesota has the best trophy.

Not quite. Alabama / Auburn has the best trophy...

coachestrophy.jpg

Not quite. Alabama / Auburn has the best trophy...

coachestrophy.jpg
Never thought about it that way, but that sure is an awesome way to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back