Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big ten getting rid of those awful division names already.....hopefully the logo is next .

I love when timing works out this perfectly. (for those wondering, read the Rose Bowl thread) I also love that they were not suspended for the bowl game, but instead for next years games. Saying that they were not given proper NCAA education by their program. Hysterical.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-ohiost-tattooinvestigation

And for those that say the punishment is too harsh? Pryor will NEVER get a suspension at all, because he wont be there next year.

Best comment of the day goes to an ESPN friend that said "I wonder if the tattoos were going to say Property of SEC".

For those that do not know how awful OSU has been against the SEC?

This awful: The Buckeyes have never beaten an SEC team in a bowl game. They've had nine chances, too. They are going for lucky number 0-10 very soon.

Yeah this made me very disappointed when I read . I will have a longer rant tonight when I'm not on a cellphone. This is just pathetic. as to the pryor comment I hope its true. the sooner he is off campus The better.

As a Georgia Bulldawg fan, this is truly disappointing to me. The 4 game suspension for A J Green for selling a bowl game game jersey that he self supported had a great impact on our season. Now Pryor ends up with no penality what so ever. I hope Arkansas make tOSU 0 and 10 against the SEC. I know it is not Pryor's fault about the ruling but fair is fair, and this is not fair.

ok that's some funny :poop: right there
Best comment of the day goes to an ESPN friend that said "I wonder if the tattoos were going to say Property of SEC".

For those that do not know how awful OSU has been against the SEC?

This awful: The Buckeyes have never beaten an SEC team in a bowl game. They've had nine chances, too. They are going for lucky number 0-10 very soon.

I think the suspensions are much more impactful next year than this year. This year is over and done. If these guys play/not play and OSU wins or loses a bowl game, it doens't mean squat. They will raise/drop in the rankings a bit, but it doesn't affect anything. Take out 5 key players for 5 games next year that is an impact that will be tough to recover from. Plus, the first game when they come back is at Nebraska.

And if a few of them decide to go pro, that just hurts the team more since they have not been preparing for guys leaving early. Especially since Pryor mentioned a month ago that he planned on coming back (he isn't an NFL QB anyway and I doubt he would go in the first 3-4 rounds). At this point he's not talented enough for teams to take a chance on him early.

BTW, how these guys going to pay back the money? They obviously don't have any. Are they going to sell more stuff?

Im not sure I agree. Sure it has impact next year, as it should, but they are missing ALL of the impact it should have this year. Now what is the incentive for someone like Pryor to stay? He has none other than to sit half the year.

Tony Kornheiser just brought up the best point. Regardless of whether the punishment fits the crime (in terms of games), they knew what they were doing was wrong. They broke the rules (whether the rules need updating or not), and yet get a pass for the remainder of this year. Earlier this year Mr. Green did not get a pass for the remainder of this year and might have cost his team games for doing an IDENTICAL thing.

This all goes back to the NCAA cannot have the Sugar Bowl not sell out and does not want to see one of their biggest bowl games look absolutely ridiculous in matchup if these kids were not in the game.

All 5 of these idiots should be dismissed from the team immediately. I don't know whats worse, the fact they broke the rules or the way they did it. These guys sold their gold pants? Are you kidding me? Fiesta Bowl Rings? Fans and students pay a FORTUNE to attend school so these friggin morons can play football, and this is how they repay us? This may sound fanatical and it probably is, but it pisses me off. The fact these guys sold their gold pants for 1000 dollars is just disgusting. They have no idea the meaning of tradition, pride, and loyalty.

People don't pay tens of thousands of dollars to pay your way through college so you can take some of the most cherished items in tOSU lore and sell them for what? Tattoo's? I can't even begin to think of the reasoning these morons had for doing this. You probably couldn't pry Eddie Georges gold pants from his hands for any price. Same thing with Archie Griffin, and everyone else who knows what a privilege it is to play this game, especially at Ohio State. It makes me sick.

Now for the suspension....the NCAA is letting them play in the Sugar Bowl? Wow what a joke...Mark May finally said something intelligent on ESPN today. If this were any other school other than the Big Ten they would NOT be playing in the Sugar Bowl...but once again money rules, and the NCAA again shows what a joke it truly is. I can't even believe the university is going to appeal these suspensions, they should consider themselves lucky.

I would expect something like this from Posey and Pryor, but Herron is really disappointing. Selling priceless team artifacts for chump change. I don't even know what to say, I am just repeating myself.

Today makes me embarassed to be an OSU fan. Good riddance Pryor, I hope you take your "skills" to the NFL. Have fun returning kicks.

Sorry if I sound crazy, I know schools are "corrupt" and I am not blind, but when people like these clowns disrespect the alum and students like this, it pisses me off.

Rant off.

Great rant DUDE!

Just got an email from a friend of mine that said JoePa will be retiring very soon. Family is asking him to do so because of health reasons. He believes it will even happen before the bowl game.

Just got an email from a friend of mine that said JoePa will be retiring very soon. Family is asking him to do so because of health reasons. He believes it will even happen before the bowl game.

Very interesting.

Bowl game bound, off to Orlando to watch the wolfpack and mountaineers!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

that's been a story that's been building around here all week. he can't hear questions during his press conferences any more and he has a ral hard time walking now. supposedly he's telling the team that he's done after this bowl game

EPIC post
All 5 of these idiots should be dismissed from the team immediately. I don't know whats worse, the fact they broke the rules or the way they did it. These guys sold their gold pants? Are you kidding me? Fiesta Bowl Rings? Fans and students pay a FORTUNE to attend school so these friggin morons can play football, and this is how they repay us? This may sound fanatical and it probably is, but it pisses me off. The fact these guys sold their gold pants for 1000 dollars is just disgusting. They have no idea the meaning of tradition, pride, and loyalty.

People don't pay tens of thousands of dollars to pay your way through college so you can take some of the most cherished items in tOSU lore and sell them for what? Tattoo's? I can't even begin to think of the reasoning these morons had for doing this. You probably couldn't pry Eddie Georges gold pants from his hands for any price. Same thing with Archie Griffin, and everyone else who knows what a privilege it is to play this game, especially at Ohio State. It makes me sick.

Now for the suspension....the NCAA is letting them play in the Sugar Bowl? Wow what a joke...Mark May finally said something intelligent on ESPN today. If this were any other school other than the Big Ten they would NOT be playing in the Sugar Bowl...but once again money rules, and the NCAA again shows what a joke it truly is. I can't even believe the university is going to appeal these suspensions, they should consider themselves lucky.

I would expect something like this from Posey and Pryor, but Herron is really disappointing. Selling priceless team artifacts for chump change. I don't even know what to say, I am just repeating myself.

Today makes me embarassed to be an OSU fan. Good riddance Pryor, I hope you take your "skills" to the NFL. Have fun returning kicks.

Sorry if I sound crazy, I know schools are "corrupt" and I am not blind, but when people like these clowns disrespect the alum and students like this, it pisses me off.

Rant off.

I agree 100% with JRod- and those are ALL the same points that I got fired up on talking to my father about it. I want each and every one of them to go to the NFL and be done with Ohio State Football.

There are 3 years of Ohio state players that NEVER won gold pants. There are many many more who only won them once. To sell something like that is a slap in the face to everyone who wore the Scarlet and Gray before them. I think the most comical of the sales was TP selling a "sportsmanship" award. Really?

I think that TP has done LASTING damage to what little legacy he had at Ohio State. He has proven time and time again that he feels he is better than the program… the first warning signal should have been that the reason he choose tOSU is that it gave him “the best opportunity to be an NFL QB”. From day one, he was more important than the program. Add in all the disappointing seasons, not living up to the hype, and constantly showing his immaturity and ego… I wouldn’t miss him and could actually root against him next year. Heck. If he goes to the NFL he automatically makes my “I can’t stand” list- for as much as a 3rd string QB can be on that list. His attitude reminds me SOOOO much of another famous Ohio athlete… LBJ. I am not surprised though, since LBJ took Prior under his wing ever since he was a freshman. He felt we owed him for being so awesome

To describe his tenure at Ohio State I use the following word: underwhelming.
He wont make it in the NFL if he can’t learn some humility and discipline.

All of that aside- the person I am MOST disappointed in is Tressel. He had a chance to do the right thing and show the nation that OSU cares more about its players and legacy than it does its W and L record. Sitting the 5 from the bowl game, or better yet… not allowing them to travel with the team would have been the “right” thing to do, regardless of what the NCAA said. For someone who talks about team above all else and integrity Tressel really dropped the ball. Instead he shouldered the blame… “It’s our fault, we didn’t teach them well enough”. I never played D1 athletics and I know that rule. Green made national news earlier this year because of that rule. I understand standing up for your players but that is bogus. They knew the rule, they broke the rule, and you take the blame? That’s the definition of a push-over.

The last thing I want to touch on is the only thing I disagree with in JRods entire post.
Mark May is still an idiot and will always be a biased jackass when it comes to Ohio State. I disagree 100% that this would have only happened at a BT school because… it happened in the SEC already this year with Cam Newton. Auburn ruled him ineligible and the NCAA came and reversed the decision because the kid pleaded ignorance. “I didn’t know my dad was hawking out my services for 180,000 dollars”. BS. Again, it was the Heisman front runner and the #1 ranked team and the NCAA had far more to gain by him playing so they ruled him eligible under the guys “we don’t have enough information”. Why are the OSU players getting to play in the Sugar Bowl? Because the NCAA will profit from it. $180,000 infraction with no penalty, a Heisman trophy, and a shot at the National title vs $500/person for tattoos.

tl:dr
I will be rooting for TP to fail in the NFL
Tressel showed he was a pushover
Mark May is an idiot
NCAA looks out for #1 (and only #1)

The last thing I want to touch on is the only thing I disagree with in JRods entire post.
Mark May is still an idiot and will always be a biased jackass when it comes to Ohio State. I disagree 100% that this would have only happened at a BT school because… it happened in the SEC already this year with Cam Newton. Auburn ruled him ineligible and the NCAA came and reversed the decision because the kid pleaded ignorance. “I didn’t know my dad was hawking out my services for 180,000 dollars”. BS. Again, it was the Heisman front runner and the #1 ranked team and the NCAA had far more to gain by him playing so they ruled him eligible under the guys “we don’t have enough information”. Why are the OSU players getting to play in the Sugar Bowl? Because the NCAA will profit from it. $180,000 infraction with no penalty, a Heisman trophy, and a shot at the National title vs $500/person for tattoos.

Tell that to the kid that got suspended THIS YEAR for doing the same thing in the SEC! Until you are around some athletes and some "parents", it is hard to imagine that this stuff happens UNDER their noses. However the investigation was done and he was cleared. Are they right? Probably not, but to say that the Big 10 got a raw deal compared to the SEC is leaving out quite a few facts. Namely that it did happen in the SEC, and it ruined the CURRENT season.

I dont agree with Mark May many times, but in this case, he is 10000000% right, the Big 10 got away with absolute murder, and you and I both know, had this happened to the QB at Arkansas, there is no way this happens. They have continued to pander to the conference and this is perfect proof of that.

Lets look at the two biggest names coming into OSU over the last decade. Both have been nothing but a complete disgrace. Remember the academic scandal and monies? These are not allegations, these are facts that two of the biggest names in OSU football over the last decade and how the school and their top student athletes operate. If this happens at another school, far worse sanctions are taken.

Does it happen everywhere? maybe/probably. Does it need to be fixed? Yes. But the holier than thou attitude (not directed at Gus) that says "Look at Cam Newton and the SEC, they got away with it", is absurd. Maybe that says more about the Ohio St than it needs to. Perhaps if TP was smart enough to give it to his mom to sell, none of this happens (joke). Instead he put himself higher than the team and in the end, is going to get away with it completely, because he will declare. And saying they were not properly educated on the topic is ridiculous. Sorry, but the excuse "it happened in the SEC with no penalties" does not fly, because it did happen in the SEC this year and there was a huge penalty.

Last edited:
Tell that to the kid that got suspended THIS YEAR for doing the same thing in the SEC! Until you are around some athletes and some "parents", it is hard to imagine that this stuff happens UNDER their noses. However the investigation was done and he was cleared. Are they right? Probably not, but to say that the Big 10 got a raw deal compared to the SEC is leaving out quite a few facts. Namely that it did happen in the SEC, and it ruined the CURRENT season.

I dont agree with Mark May many times, but in this case, he is 10000000% right, the Big 10 got away with absolute murder, and you and I both know, had this happened to the QB at Arkansas, there is no way this happens. They have continued to pander to the conference and this is perfect proof of that.

Lets look at the two biggest names coming into OSU over the last decade. Both have been nothing but a complete disgrace. Remember the academic scandal and monies? These are not allegations, these are facts that two of the biggest names in OSU football over the last decade and how the school and their top student athletes operate. If this happens at another school, far worse sanctions are taken.

Does it happen everywhere? maybe/probably. Does it need to be fixed? Yes. But the holier than thou attitude (not directed at Gus) that says "Look at Cam Newton and the SEC, they got away with it", is absurd. Maybe that says more about the Ohio St than it needs to. Perhaps if TP was smart enough to give it to his mom to sell, none of this happens. Instead he put himself higher than the team and in the end, is going to get away with it completely, because he will declare. Sorry, but the excuse "it happened in the SEC with no penalties" does not fly, because it did happen in the SEC this year and there was a huge penalty.

I know you read my post and understand that I make no excuses for TP, OSU, or Tressel. None. Can't do it.

This has less to do with it being a big 10 team and more to do with what benefits the NCAA. You will never convince me that Cam decision wasn't in some part influence by his teams position and his personal accomplishments. They made that decision because it benefitted the NCAA. tOSU got away with murder, but it has less to do with the BT and more to do with what the NCAA stands to gain. If this same issue happened at Oregon I am sure we would have seen the same results, not because it was the PAC10 but because it benefits the NCAA.

I have soo little respect for the NCAA as a governing body it is amazing. They really are corrupted by their own "power"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you are basing that decision without facts and on opinions of what they stand for. Are they about the money? Of course. So is the Big 10, SEC, and all the others. But facts are facts. It DID happen in the SEC and the kid was punished for the EXACT same "crime".

We cant keep saying that "what if it happened at Oregon or UF or anywhere else". Because it has not. It happened to one other kid and he was immediately removed and suspended this year. Yet it happens at Ohio St and they get a pass for the year. Call it the NCAA or Big 10, or OSU's fault. The facts are one kid's team got impacted this year and the same thing happened to the Big 10 school and that team is whole for the year. Its a travesty and the argument that it happens everywhere or Cam was involved does not fly. Two separate scenarios involving VERY different things.

Giving hell to the NCAA, BCS, etc... each and every is comical to me. It has always been this way. Yet the facts are outlined. So far over the last decade the two biggest stars at OSU have made a mockery of the program and yet look at what sanctions have been taken against them. Then compare that to what has gone on at other programs. Im not saying that it does not happen at other places. But as the facts are presented and the investigations are done, it is not even arguable at this point what has gone on at that university over the last decade and they still have no scars to show from it.

But you are basing that decision without facts and on opinions of what they stand for. Are they about the money? Of course. So is the Big 10, SEC, and all the others. But facts are facts. It DID happen in the SEC and the kid was punished for the EXACT same "crime".

We cant keep saying that "what if it happened at Oregon or UF or anywhere else". Because it has not. It happened to one other kid and he was immediately removed and suspended this year. Yet it happens at Ohio St and they get a pass for the year. Call it the NCAA or Big 10, or OSU's fault. The facts are one kid's team got impacted this year and the same thing happened to the Big 10 school and that team is whole for the year. Its a travesty and the argument that it happens everywhere or Cam was involved does not fly. Two separate scenarios involving VERY different things.

Giving hell to the NCAA, BCS, etc... each and every is comical to me. It has always been this way. Yet the facts are outlined. So far over the last decade the two biggest stars at OSU have made a mockery of the program and yet look at what sanctions have been taken against them. Then compare that to what has gone on at other programs. Im not saying that it does not happen at other places. But as the facts are presented and the investigations are done, it is not even arguable at this point what has gone on at that university over the last decade and they still have no scars to show from it.

Just throwing it out there but under Urban Florida had 34 arrests (I think). Isnt that the same thing?

Speaking of Clarrett- the allegations were never upheld due to a "lack of evidence". If I can't hold Cam against Auburn you cant hold MC against OSU. He was cleared of all wrong doing so fair is fair. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back