Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis from Blind 9 tried to tell me to go with the 5-pw.
And stay with my hybrid set up. But for the price I thought what the heck.
The M1 / M3 are stiff.

I think having that 3 iron could be really good. Personally, I could not hit it off the deck well but I had some decent success hitting it off the tee and maintaining a lower ball flight. Could be a really good fairway finder for about 210-225 yards.

When I told my GF I wanted a new putter, and that my birthday is coming up, she said I should get that "VHS one" (Matt Every's putter) LOL. Luckily her brother is a putter ho and had a brand new TM Ghost 110 Tour and he straight up gave it to me. Do putter pondering is over now.

New ponder...driver/shaft fitting.

Great putter at an even better price Jconn.

Let me know man. Maybe I'll swing by and roll some more putters with ya

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Not unless youre driving down to Delaware.

Are you going with that Winn putter grip? I like the look of that bad boy.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Thing is awesome.

pondering some blue mizuno tour velvet full cord grips

I was gonna ponder some 588 action, but instead I just bought em.

Satin finish for me in 50*, 56*, 62*. Thought about going the mycustomwedge route, but I'm not that into it. Basic finish works great for me. I'll just do my own paint fills.

There we go. That's my ponder. Paint fill color setup.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Nice wr!!

I just couldn't get along with the mashie fw :(... Which was prolly a good thing for me ha

I hit one yesterday at Golfsmith. We didn't get along very well. Topping the majority of them. I'm pondering a 910 F

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hit one yesterday at Golfsmith. We didn't get along very well. Topping the majority of them. I'm pondering a 910 F

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
i can help with that ponder....pm sent

Thanks to Howzat I now have a z star driver in the bag to demo. Went to the range with it today and really liked what I was seeing. I played around with the app to find a setting that should work for me and for the most part it did. If I could find a deal on one of these like others found at PGA superstore in the past I might not pass it up. Hopefully can get it on the course tomorrow and get some numbers.

I went to Golfsmith today and demoed several drivers. Hit the Cleveland 290, i20, VR Limited, Cleveland Classic, RBZ, and R11S. I now want an i20 VERY badly.

Pondering irons to complement my KBS Tour's I have coming. I have been doing a fair amount of research the past week or so, and I have compiled a pretty beefy list of irons I want to hit. I don't see the Tour's ending up in my a7's, so I have kind of been dreaming of different set ups and figured that I would want an iron to complement the bad arse shaft I had in it. Here is my list in order of Ponderingness.

Ping i20
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro/JPX 800
Titleist AP2/AP1
Taylor Made Pref MC
Mizuno MP-59
Adams Idea Black CB3
Taylor Made R11
Wilson Ci11

I have owned 2 sets of irons my entire life. Never been fit before in my life, so I am going to put a little more time, research and hands on time, with my next purchase. I feel like my iron play has improved to the point that I am able to step away from the full blown GI iron category, into a more players/GI territory. Any thoughts, reviews or additions to my list, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have a hankering for a new SeeMore. There is just something about the FGP that makes me have to have it.

Pondering irons to complement my KBS Tour's I have coming. I have been doing a fair amount of research the past week or so, and I have compiled a pretty beefy list of irons I want to hit. I don't see the Tour's ending up in my a7's, so I have kind of been dreaming of different set ups and figured that I would want an iron to complement the bad arse shaft I had in it. Here is my list in order of Ponderingness.

Ping i20
Titleist AP2/AP1
Taylor Made Pref MC
Mizuno MP-59
Adams Idea Black CB3
Taylor Made R11

I have owned 2 sets of irons my entire life. Never been fit before in my life, so I am going to put a little more time, research and hands on time, with my next purchase. I feel like my iron play has improved to the point that I am able to step away from the full blown GI iron category, into a more players/GI territory. Any thoughts, reviews or additions to my list, would be greatly appreciated.

There's something missing from your list. The Ci11s have to be on there.

Jeff - if you can find a better combination of performance and forgiveness at the price of the Ci11s, let me know so I can call BS on it.

I'm with you Jacob. I want an i20. I pounded it at Golfsmith last week.

Jeff - if you can find a better combination of performance and forgiveness at the price of the Ci11s, let me know so I can call BS on it.

Never hit them, but off the bat, the look of the Ci11's are great. The black would look amazing with the Pearl Silver I went with. One drawback I have read is the durability of the black finish. Any truth to that?

Well, I wasn't hitting for s**t today. I was in blue jeans and hadn't swung in about 2 weeks. I was averaging 245 with the i20. My swing speed was only reading 92 though, so I either swing my driver the same speed I swing my 6 iron, or I have some serious problems.

Never hit them, but off the bat, the look of the Ci11's are great. The black would look amazing with the Pearl Silver I went with. One drawback I have read is the durability of the black finish. Any truth to that?

TC has put quite a few rounds into his. He just put up some pictures of the soles. They're holding up for him. I have had a bunch of range sessions with mine and one round without a ton of wear. I'm sure there will be some. Just get a consistent swing so the wear is in one spot and then you'll look like a really good golfer :alien:

I haven't seen wear yet, but there will definately be some. Just a matter of time. I'm ok with it thought.

Well, I wasn't hitting for s**t today. I was in blue jeans and hadn't swung in about 2 weeks. I was averaging 245 with the i20. My swing speed was only reading 92 though, so I either swing my driver the same speed I swing my 6 iron, or I have some serious problems.

I was actually having the same problems when I was hitting it. I was in golf clothes, had just come from the course, and my SS was registering at about 100 MPH, or 10-15 MPH slower than normal. Weird. I was still getting about 270-275 total out of it though.

Ping i20
Titleist AP2/AP1
Taylor Made Pref MC
Mizuno MP-59
Adams Idea Black CB3
Taylor Made R11
Wilson Ci11

I could help you with the JPX-800/800-pro ponder depending on which set i decide to keep. LMK

I was actually having the same problems when I was hitting it. I was in golf clothes, had just come from the course, and my SS was registering at about 100 MPH, or 10-15 MPH slower than normal. Weird. I was still getting about 270-275 total out of it though.

Funny you guys bring this up... the first day i tried the R11s i was in my johnston and murphy dress shoes on lunch break .. needless to say i was swinging pretty easy and it was 98-100mph every swing .. i show up to golfsmith saturday with my spikes on (had just come from a rained out demo day) and was only getting 89-91 on their monitor WTF

Seriously pondering a set of Razr X Muscleback irons to replace my Tour Authentic X-prototype set. Or at least have my old set be a backup.

And before anyone says my HDCP is to high for a set of blades, I shoot lower scores with my X-Prototypes than I do with my Razr X Tours. The tours are one club longer, but the blades are way more accurate for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back