Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a company that makes a hybrid at that degree? I've seen upwards of 24 (arguably a 4 iron).

I found a G15 5h (27) and a Fybrid RS 6h (30 degrees)

Looks like your R11 5iron is 24 degrees.. Seems like that matches the Rocketballz 5 at 25 degrees as well.

So the RBZ 5 should give me about the same as the 5i would have?

Maybe a bit more because hybrids are usually longer than irons (at least for me). But roughly in that area yes.

I think it's worth swinging.. You never know how much better the shaft/head combo in the hybrid will work (better or worse) for you..

Seems like it would fit your bag well with having the RBZ 4 already in there too!

I think it's worth swinging.. You never know how much better the shaft/head combo in the hybrid will work (better or worse) for you..

Seems like it would fit your bag well with having the RBZ 4 already in there too!

Yeah, I like the 4 a lot, I am not sure that they make the 5 in lefty though...sucks to me us sometimes

Maybe a bit more because hybrids are usually longer than irons (at least for me). But roughly in that area yes.

Thanks, that was what I was thinking, I wasnt 100% sure on how the conversion works.

Ahh, that would cause some trouble eh? Were the g15 and fybrid options in lefty?

TM has lots of good info on their offerings over at their site.. http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/RocketBallz-Rescue/DW-JN781,default,pd.html

Shame they didn't leave more for you wrong way hitters!

Yeah, it looks like on the TM sure they have it in 3 and 4 for lefties only.. you had me excited there for a sec, the RBZ or the Mashie would have perfect, but neither runs higher than a 5. I found the other 2 on the PGASS website filtering for a 5 or 6 hybrid.

Totally pondering the metal x #9 in the fs thread

Adding the TM ATV wedges to my hit list for this weekends demo day. Liking what I am reading thus far and intrigued by what some of the others added to the THP TM Demo feedback thread, in regards to being a good wedge for diggers.

Currently sitting at this for my must hit list for this weekend.

Cobra AMP Forged
Cleveland 588 CB
Taylor Made TP MC's
Mizuno JPX 800's and JPX 800 Pros
Taylor Made ATV wedges
Mizuno MP-R12 wedges

Probably getting a TM Superfast 1.0 3 hybrid. I want something with a little more loft than what I have and a little more forgiving.

I'm pondering a new 3 wood any suggestions? Any suggestions? I'm possibly going to a callaway or taylormade 3 wood, I'll be going right after work today!

I'm pondering a new 3 wood any suggestions? Any suggestions? I'm possibly going to a callaway or taylormade 3 wood, I'll be going right after work today!

My three favorites from this yea are the RBZ (sucks off the ground though), R11S (good all around) and AMP.

My three favorites from this yea are the RBZ (sucks off the ground though), R11S (good all around) and AMP.

Awesome, I'll check those out, is there any older woods from the last two years that stood out for you, I just don't want to spend 300 right now haha

Cleveland Mashie 3W is the best all around 3W Ive hit in a long time. Its long off the tee and very easy to hit off the deck. Id recommend hitting it. The G20 was good too.

Cleveland Mashie. Holy Cow. THP sold me on it and it was a wise purchase.

Yeah I need to hit the Mashie FW. I've been hitting my FL pretty decent off of the ground lately, but I always have been intrigued by that Mashie. Perhaps an F5 for my bag...

Dang I don't think my pro shop is a cleveland dealer, I'll check it out. What about the black CG 3 wood any thoughts?

Dang I don't think my pro shop is a cleveland dealer, I'll check it out. What about the black CG 3 wood any thoughts?

I like mine, but I don't have the stock shaft.

i want a new 3w also... im leaning in the callaway direction

Awesome, I'll check those out, is there any older woods from the last two years that stood out for you, I just don't want to spend 300 right now haha

Both the 2011 TM offerings are outstanding, I like the Adams Speedline F11, Mizuno JPX 800, and Cleveland FL. I might be the only guy on this forum that doesn't like the Mashie.

G20 3w is where its at. I liked the I20 originally but after hitting them both multiple times the G20 just outperformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back