Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering some SMT Durometer and Reid Lockhart wedges to hold me over for a bit.

Pondering some SMT Durometer and Reid Lockhart wedges to hold me over for a bit.

Too bad you can't get Eidolon's any more. V-Sole bliss.

I do have 50* and 55* heads laying in the extras...

Hey guys so I'm looking to custom order and new titleist 910 driver very soon. I am looking for a mid-high launch with low spin to get maximum distance. I am not as worried about pinpoint accuracy as much because if needed I can always pull out my 910F on the tee and hit it 270yds consistently straight. Anyone know whether the D3 or D2 would be a better candidate, and which shaft the custom order in it. I don't mind spending a little extra for a high quality shaft so don't worry about price.
Thanks guys!

Sligo Digitile Stand Bag for 82.50 at Fairway Styles....I really don't need another stand bag, but come on, why not?

GolfBag-Black-SligoF11.jpg

If you can justify it, get it, it will be a nice edition!

Pondering 588 CB irons. This is an OEMKMac ponder, in that the order will almost certainly be placed at the end of the month. I just have to decide what shafts to get: I demo'ed the clubs with R300s, and even though I generally dislike that shaft, the clubs still felt and performed outstanding. I am really leaning towards reg. flex KBS Tours, but I have this fear inside that this will somehow turn out to be the absolute wrong shaft decision and will ruin an otherwise excellent purchase....

Too bad you can't get Eidolon's any more. V-Sole bliss.

I do have 50* and 55* heads laying in the extras...
in the extras what? I have been searching the bay for some decent looking Eidolon's...

Pondering 588 CB irons. This is an OEMKMac ponder, in that the order will almost certainly be placed at the end of the month. I just have to decide what shafts to get: I demo'ed the clubs with R300s, and even though I generally dislike that shaft, the clubs still felt and performed outstanding. I am really leaning towards reg. flex KBS Tours, but I have this fear inside that this will somehow turn out to be the absolute wrong shaft decision and will ruin an otherwise excellent purchase....
The KBS are the real deal Rusty, although coming from PX, they will be very different from what you have now. Agreed that the DGR300 is not a good shaft, i've never really liked any club that either the R300 or S300 have been in.

in the extras what? I have been searching the bay for some decent looking Eidolon's...

Just in the extras. Good shape, I think I gamed them maybe 8 rounds before I bought SCOR's. I'd offer up the 60 too but it was victim of a failed stamping attempt lol. I can shoot you some pic's late tonight when I get home if you'd like.

Just in the extras. Good shape, I think I gamed them maybe 8 rounds before I bought SCOR's. I'd offer up the 60 too but it was victim of a failed stamping attempt lol. I can shoot you some pic's late tonight when I get home if you'd like.
Yes, yes, and more yes. I'd take all 3 failed stamping and all.

Yes, yes, and more yes. I'd take all 3 failed stamping and all.

Hahahaha, I'll shoot pic's tonight or in the morning buddy. Can't believe I forgot about having these until now!

White VDR's for what I think they're for? Would look good imo.

Yes. Muwahahaha!

Add the black carbon ATV heads to that list. Drool!

This cracked me up!

Thinking about C Tapers this morning and I have a question. Why is it that Stricker and Rose use them but Phil and Ernie use the KBS Tours? I kind of figured it would be the other way around.

I have been seen rumoured, and lordie knows if it's true, but Phil's KBS shafts aren't quite Tours. They're suppose to be the 1st Gen C Tapers that weren't released as they would have fit even less then the 5%. Because they don't want to mix people up between the Tours and the C's it's better people think he plays the Tour's and then go demo them after they watch him on the weekend then the C's that likely won't agree with him.

I take that with a pound and a half of salt but at the same time, watching Phil's swing, I can't imagine those things are straight up Tour's without modification.

Youre thinking of GSR lol

GSR leads to the capture of those who create GSW's in others heh. I need to watch something else when I have the TV on these days...

Hey guys so I'm looking to custom order and new titleist 910 driver very soon. I am looking for a mid-high launch with low spin to get maximum distance. I am not as worried about pinpoint accuracy as much because if needed I can always pull out my 910F on the tee and hit it 270yds consistently straight. Anyone know whether the D3 or D2 would be a better candidate, and which shaft the custom order in it. I don't mind spending a little extra for a high quality shaft so don't worry about price.
Thanks guys!

Please please please GO GET FIT! That combo of launch/spin is the holy grail and frankly, there's no way to the holy grail except with a very experienced guide no matter what Mr. Python says. Trying to get that combo otherwise while attempting to fit yourself is going to make your wallet look like the Black Knight.

There are loads of excellent Titleist fitters out there who can dial you in pretty easily.

What did you like and dislike about the R300 shafts? KBS Tour in regular flex will be a little lighter than the R300 shafts, and probably launch a little bit higher as well. Most people will also say that the KBS will feel smoother than the R300, but feel is subjective.

Super Tuna said:
Please please please GO GET FIT! That combo of launch/spin is the holy grail and frankly, there's no way to the holy grail except with a very experienced guide no matter what Mr. Python says. Trying to get that combo otherwise while attempting to fit yourself is going to make your wallet look like the Black Knight.

There are loads of excellent Titleist fitters out there who can dial you in pretty easily.

I shall rep you when I get home.

Monty Python!!! Whoooooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you like and dislike about the R300 shafts? KBS Tour in regular flex will be a little lighter than the R300 shafts, and probably launch a little bit higher as well. Most people will also say that the KBS will feel smoother than the R300, but feel is subjective.

Honestly, in the 588's I didn't have a problem with the R300s, I just have not cared for them in the past. They are a little heavier than what I'm looking for, and I tend to have distance consistency issues with them. I usually want a little higher ball flight. I'm excited about the KBS Tours, because they do tend to feel smoother to me -- I just won't be able to try them out in the 588s. The lighter weight is a plus. Perhaps I should pony up the money and visit a club fitter, but I was trying to avoid that. I was planning on just ordering these with the same specs as my Mizunos, and then maybe get the lie angles checked out sometime later.

Rusty: They can't help you with the higher ball flight but if you're looking for a lighter dynamic gold, TT does make the SL series? Same shaft but instead of being 130 raw, they're 106 raw. Alternatively there's the Dynalight SL's. They're in the 95 range raw and will kick up the height quite a bit.

Not to discourage you from the KBS's though which are also great shafts.

I have been seen rumoured, and lordie knows if it's true, but Phil's KBS shafts aren't quite Tours. They're suppose to be the 1st Gen C Tapers that weren't released as they would have fit even less then the 5%. Because they don't want to mix people up between the Tours and the C's it's better people think he plays the Tour's and then go demo them after they watch him on the weekend then the C's that likely won't agree with him.

I take that with a pound and a half of salt but at the same time, watching Phil's swing, I can't imagine those things are straight up Tour's without modification.

I think I've seen WITB for Phil listing those shafts as KBS Tour V2 (as in Version 2), FWIW. I'm pretty sure they aren't off the rack KBS Tour shafts, especially since he came from Project X.

Honestly, in the 588's I didn't have a problem with the R300s, I just have not cared for them in the past. They are a little heavier than what I'm looking for, and I tend to have distance consistency issues with them. I usually want a little higher ball flight. I'm excited about the KBS Tours, because they do tend to feel smoother to me -- I just won't be able to try them out in the 588s. The lighter weight is a plus. Perhaps I should pony up the money and visit a club fitter, but I was trying to avoid that. I was planning on just ordering these with the same specs as my Mizunos, and then maybe get the lie angles checked out sometime later.

I would pony up the money to do that, but it's not my money. Perhaps you could find a fitting cart from another company with R300 and KBS Tour Regular on it, to get some numbers on both shafts in the same head? It wouldn't be the exact same as testing them in the 588 CB heads, but it would be the closest thing.

Ary: That makes sense on the shafts for Phil.

On a vaguely related note since DG shafts have been mentioned but does it seem to anyone else that there's little difference between the R, S and X at times? I was messing around with them last night with some RBZ heads and they didn't feel any different really. The launch and spin changed between them but not a huge amount. Meanwhile I found a big difference between R, R+, S and S+ in the KBS Tours. Can't discount it was me rather then them though.

In other news, does anyone know who makes heavier FW heads? I seem to recall the 910Fd and R11 were fairly burly in their weight but I'm not sure what else. I need something in the 220g weight range and the last Amp head I measured for example was a paltry 202.

No idea Tuna, wish I could help. I'm not pondering anything and thats sad.

It's the week of the Allen Edmonds tent sale. Stopped after golf with my wife and daughter and seriously pondered a fancy pair of golf shoes. All black alligator skin look, and black and white classic wing tip style. I couldn't quite pull the trigger for $199.00, but man, those are some gorgeous shoes. But they're wear with nice slacks shoes, not wear with khaki shorts shoes in my opinion, and are just not versatile enough for me.

And my wife gave me the stink eye. Look at her sitting over there holding the purse strings.

Kevin

Hey all I'm pondering a full set of clubs for my brother, he needs a left set and we're looking to buy something that will be decent quality and last for a while but doesn't have to be the newest shiniest thing since he's only played golf a few times. We don't want to spend more than $400. We;ve looked at the ADams tight lies and things like that

Anyone know the size tip I need to resift my burner 1.0 irons? is it 0.355 taper? I'm not too familiar with this stuff
or .370

Anyone know the size tip I need to resift my burner 1.0 irons? is it 0.355 taper? I'm not too familiar with this stuff
or .370

If they're not the tour burners then it's .370

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I think I want new wedges... 588's; 54* and 58*, my consistency just isn't there with the MP-R12s.

I think I want new wedges... 588's; 54* and 58*, my consistency just isn't there with the MP-R12s.

Don't sleep on the Cally forged. I have found them to be exceptional

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back