Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting to see huge post morgan cup pondering haha, what you all pondering besides ATV wedges. . .hint hint. . .

I'm expecting to see huge post morgan cup pondering haha, what you all pondering besides ATV wedges. . .hint hint. . .

LOL I need to figure my wedge game out. You all have me on the edge of having a 4 wedge set up. I found if I hit the ball nicely off the tee I dont need mid irons lol.

LOL I need to figure my wedge game out. You all have me on the edge of having a 4 wedge set up. I found if I hit the ball nicely off the tee I dont need mid irons lol.

That's a good place to be I guess, well if this helps any, you can always order the wedges with the KBS hi REV, I heard that they perform similar to the DG spinner-I'm not too sure though. Are you planning on keeping the J40 irons? I guess what I'm asking is what lofts are you building your wedge set around

Last edited:

No worries, ill take those J40 wedges off your hands heh

4 wedge? Dude you dont need that many wedges. Just one 56* ATV and then add two more drivers or something.

4 wedge? Dude you dont need that many wedges. Just one 56* ATV and then add two more drivers or something.

It's the KMac way!!

Or a 2 wood

I have no clue what sort of pondering I'm headed towards. I do want to change the fairway/hybrid set up a little, but I'm leaning towards the Mashies still with that.

Some new grips for my irons. It's been a bit of a drought up here this summer so I didn't see the issue until recently.
We had a few storms come through and the humidity spiked, and the stock crossline style grips on the CB3's became a nightmare and caused several slips this past weekend.

Just not sure what I'm going to replace them with yet.

I think Crosslines should be made illegal.

I have no clue what sort of pondering I'm headed towards. I do want to change the fairway/hybrid set up a little, but I'm leaning towards the Mashies still with that.

Just wondering, is your F7 really close to your M4 as far as distance goes?

I've heard there are places that will do a free fitting if you buy the clubs from them? Is this true or hogwash?

I might be getting new irons as a gift (which is incredible and entirely to generous, but that doesn't mean i'm going to turn them down) and I want to keep the cost down but i'm only 5'7 so I need to get them cut because otherwise I have to choke way down on stock length shafts to have a normal alignment.

Obviously what I would love to do is go to golftec and get a complete assesment/fitting, but the distance and cost is simply not feasable in any way right now, so assuming this gift does go down, I'd go golf galaxy or champs sports or whereever and try out some different sets that i've done research on, get the one I hit the best and have them cut them.

thoughts? ideas? analysis? I'm really a novice about a lot of this stuff

No worries, ill take those J40 wedges off your hands heh

LOL Dude I need to figure those out and just have like an ATV for some security.

That's a good place to be I guess, well if this helps any, you can always order the wedges with the KBS hi REV, I heard that they perform similar to the DG spinner-I'm not too sure though. Are you planning on keeping the J40 irons? I guess what I'm asking is what lofts are you building your wedge set around

I definitely will be keeping those irons. I absolutely love them! Im not a huge fan of the spinner to be quit honest. I might keep it in my wedge I use for sand shots but most likely will just get a shaft to match my full set.

Man that J40 with the Tiger shaft is legit. Never hit a driver better in my life.

I've heard there are places that will do a free fitting if you buy the clubs from them? Is this true or hogwash?

I might be getting new irons as a gift (which is incredible and entirely to generous, but that doesn't mean i'm going to turn them down) and I want to keep the cost down but i'm only 5'7 so I need to get them cut because otherwise I have to choke way down on stock length shafts to have a normal alignment.

Obviously what I would love to do is go to golftec and get a complete assesment/fitting, but the distance and cost is simply not feasable in any way right now, so assuming this gift does go down, I'd go golf galaxy or champs sports or whereever and try out some different sets that i've done research on, get the one I hit the best and have them cut them.

thoughts? ideas? analysis? I'm really a novice about a lot of this stuff

Its true! I'd suggest feeling the fitters out when you go to a big box store. Just to see if they care really, some dont and it shows. I think you'd get the basic, lie and shaft length fitting. Otherwise, some will knock off the price of a fitting from the full purchase price. Either way, even if you have to pay it shouldn't cost too much for the basic fitting.

Man that J40 with the Tiger shaft is legit. Never hit a driver better in my life.

Id like another crack at the Tiger combo now that Im in a better place.

I want a Tiger shaft just because it looks badass but I don't think I would do too hot with it unless I put it in something like an 8* head. IDK

Just wondering, is your F7 really close to your M4 as far as distance goes?

The F7 plays similar to a 3h distance for me. They are about 10-15 yards different.

TigerMex bombs with that driver.

Its true! I'd suggest feeling the fitters out when you go to a big box store. Just to see if they care really, some dont and it shows. I think you'd get the basic, lie and shaft length fitting. Otherwise, some will knock off the price of a fitting from the full purchase price. Either way, even if you have to pay it shouldn't cost too much for the basic fitting.

Thank you. What are some things I should ask/say to feel them out in order to get a better idea of what i'm looking at with them. I'm a novice about getting fitted and general golf club customization? (I think I probably understand a little more than I think I do, I'm just not confident at all about it because I haven't really dug into the subject the way I eventually want to)

Or is it just as general and simple as when I bring up getting fit, if their body language and tone is excited about it, then they're probably good, if they seem sort of "yeah, ok" about the whole thing then their probably not good.

We have a golf headquarters that's about an hour away from me as well as a golf galaxy and a champs sports that is about 2 and a half hours away from me, so those are the choices I'm likely going to have.

Tmex out drives me by about 15 yards

LOL Dude I need to figure those out and just have like an ATV for some security.

I definitely will be keeping those irons. I absolutely love them! Im not a huge fan of the spinner to be quit honest. I might keep it in my wedge I use for sand shots but most likely will just get a shaft to match my full set.

I had project X 5.5 in my Vokeys and they felt great, I had no problem with full shots or partial shots. That's a great Idea

Damn, that's awesome TMex. I'm pondering hitting Franks i20's. Frank, can you buy some other cool stuff for me to hit??

i20's kick serious arse.

Damn, that's awesome TMex. I'm pondering hitting Franks i20's. Frank, can you buy some other cool stuff for me to hit??

I need pay check, I haven't had one in a while. After that, sure. We may have to go get fit at tee to green for an anser driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back