Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of want to re-acquire a set of DPC's. I miss those irons.

Those are pretty sweet. I still remember them from the ATL outing. At first I was thinking, "Bridgestone -- seriously?" And then I hit a few on the range. They are incredibly solid irons, and they are easily the biggest surprise that I had this year in golf equipment.

They surprise everyone I've seen hit them. By far one of my favourite offerings of 2012. At some point, I will own some. The j33 CBs just won't cut it!

I kind of want to re-acquire a set of DPC's. I miss those irons.

Had and got rid of? Madness!

I think I should have done the same. 9 degrees of loft is stupid

I'm starting to think Im the only person who likes lower lofts...

If one can achieve the same ball flight with a higher loft, I believe they will find better driving results overall.

I was always a 10.5'er, but my driving accuracy really has gone up with the extra degree in there, and my distance has too.

I was always a 10.5'er, but my driving accuracy really has gone up with the extra degree in there, and my distance has too.

We watched Dustin Johnson go from 8 to just over 10 degrees a while back at Doral to get his accuracy in a better spot.

You already have a mid to high flight. I want that :(
I guess that is true, but I've always been a low loft player..

You're not the only one buddy. You know this!!!
That is true..i forgot about you buddy...we're a dying breed...hahahaha

If one can achieve the same ball flight with a higher loft, I believe they will find better driving results overall.

But if a person is already in low launching shafts and low lofted heads, and has a mid/high flight wouldnt it be hard for them to move into higher loft heads?

But if a person is already in low launching shafts and low lofted heads, and has a mid/high flight wouldnt it be hard for them to move into higher loft heads?

Could be. But if you want my honest opinion when we were on the range, you thought you were hitting it too high (at Grand Cypress). THe numbers said about 12 degrees and a few in that 10.5 range. To me that could be increased and still help.

Could be. But if you want my honest opinion when we were on the range, you thought you were hitting it too high (at Grand Cypress). THe numbers said about 12 degrees and a few in that 10.5 range. To me that could be increased and still help.

Interesting, do you think I would be better and see as good as/if not better numbers moving to say 10.5? Maybe something i will have to play around with. Look forward to our monitor time at the Outing.

Interesting, do you think I would be better and see as good as/if not better numbers moving to say 10.5? Maybe something i will have to play around with. Look forward to our monitor time at the Outing.

Hard to answer with so many different heads out there now. We can look at some ball flights and numbers at the outing for sure.

I want 11.5 or something higher loft like that to pair with my 4x. That would be nice.

Man I think that would be a sick combo

Hard to answer with so many different heads out there now. We can look at some ball flights and numbers at the outing for sure.

I get worried about spin numbers as loft increases. But i look forward to discussing this real time with everyone.

I will be going higher loft in my Callaway MC driver for sure.

I get worried about spin numbers as loft increases. But i look forward to discussing this real time with everyone.

You can go lower loft if you have the right technique with the driver. Ascending angle of attack allows you to increase launch and go with a lower lofted head, which will decrease spin as well.

Pondering ping i20's.

Rock solid ponder, my friend.

Ya after stalking the i20 thread for a few days, I agree. I'm thinking just a half set though. 5-8. should go nice with the scors that I have on the way.

Ya after stalking the i20 thread for a few days, I agree. I'm thinking just a half set though. 5-8. should go nice with the scors that I have on the way.

No 4 iron? I'm telling you, bro. That 4 iron might be the best club in my bag. So easy to hit it might be worth getting in place of a hybrid.

Ya there's A LOT of love for the 4 iron in the testing thread. I've just been hitting my hybrids so well lately that I don't want to take them out of the bag. We'll see what happens with distance gaps. I'm not opposed to adding the 4 later which is currently an easy thing to do.

Ya there's A LOT of love for the 4 iron in the testing thread. I've just been hitting my hybrids so well lately that I don't want to take them out of the bag. We'll see what happens with distance gaps. I'm not opposed to adding the 4 later which is currently an easy thing to do.

Yeah. You can always add later. And when you do you can request that PING WRX stamp the 4 iron with a serial that matches the set you already have.

I am in that group as well, my man. I was pleasantly surprised at the 10.5 Xtreme I hit in MB. But still like the low loft as I don't have much trouble getting the ball up. But I think I could easily do the 10.5 and still be happy with distance and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back