Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played it once, it was pretty close to the PV1X IMO.

Lol I know you have a pretty high swing speed so I could see how it would add a lot of spin

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Lol I know you have a pretty high swing speed so I could see how it would add a lot of spin

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

yep. it's up to 114, haha..

Wow, I wouldn't compare the Fixx to the v1x, at all, ever. Hmmmm, not saying that's not what you think, but that's.....curious to me.

Wow, I wouldn't compare the Fixx to the v1x, at all, ever. Hmmmm, not saying that's not what you think, but that's.....curious to me.

might've been a faulty v1x, haha.

might've been a faulty v1x, haha.

Those two balls are nothing alike, two piece vs three and ionomer cover vs urethane. It's a baffling one to me personally.

Who knows though....everyone is different.

Those two balls are nothing alike, two piece vs three and ionomer cover vs urethane. It's a baffling one to me personally.

Who knows though....everyone is different.

ok, let's just say it was on a putt-putt course so we can put this to rest, hahaha..

ok, let's just say it was on a putt-putt course so we can put this to rest, hahaha..

I don't see why healthy discussion needs to be put to rest?

because right now i'm not really in the mood for an in-depth conversation. maybe later, sorry bud.

What you could be seeing (and what I have found to be true for me at least) is that with a much lower compression ball you hit it quite a bit higher than the higher compression ball. So if you're getting a higher flight with the FIXX then it could stop on full shots just as well as the lower flight of the PV1x that spins more.

Now I can't talk for greenside performance but on full shots this seems to ring true... At least for me.

What you could be seeing (and what I have found to be true for me at least) is that with a much lower compression ball you hit it quite a bit higher than the higher compression ball. So if you're getting a higher flight with the FIXX then it could stop on full shots just as well as the lower flight of the PV1x that spins more.

Now I can't talk for greenside performance but on full shots this seems to ring true... At least for me.

what he said

I've been Pondering an 8.5* i20 to pair with my Kusala White. No good reason for it other than to have something different to hit.

Probably won't take the fall, but if I were to buy anything just for sh*+s and gigs then this would be it.

I've been Pondering an 8.5* i20 to pair with my Kusala White. No good reason for it other than to have something different to hit.

Probably won't take the fall, but if I were to buy anything just for sh*+s and gigs then this would be it.

why an 8.5? quite a leap from your current 10.5

why an 8.5? quite a leap from your current 10.5

10.5 with an extremely low launching shaft. 8.5 with a very high launching shaft. Just an experiment.

10.5 with an extremely low launching shaft. 8.5 with a very high launching shaft. Just an experiment.

nice, that sounds like a good experiment

cool! should be interesting.

My next driver will be a lower launch shaft with a higher launch head. I'm betting that combo will be accurate as heck for me

I really liked the feel of One-T's R11's with the KBS tours in them.

It's amazing how different a club feels with a different shaft.

So why not go 50-54-58? Fills the gap easier

I'm not a 100% i like the 54° option. The 50 would be ok, i think i would almost rather go 50-55-60 or even 51-55-59. There's also a part of me that wants to go with a 62° at the very bottom of the bag.

I'm not a 100% i like the 54° option. The 50 would be ok, i think i would almost rather go 50-55-60 or even 51-55-59. There's also a part of me that wants to go with a 62° at the very bottom of the bag.

50-55-60 works just as well. 62 seems like it'd be a rarely used club. Great when short sided and from 70-80yds haha

50-55-60 works just as well. 62 seems like it'd be a rarely used club. Great when short sided and from 70-80yds haha

I would use from probably 50 in and around the green. I like to chip and pitch with my 60 and just sort of wonder whag it would be like with a 62°.

I would use from probably 50 in and around the green. I like to chip and pitch with my 60 and just sort of wonder whag it would be like with a 62°.

50 would be like an old school pw. That'd be pretty good at a 50/50 pitch and release shot

62 would pretty much be high and release a foot or two

50 would be like an old school pw. That'd be pretty good at a 50/50 pitch and release shot

62 would pretty much be high and release a foot or two

Sorry meant 50 yards and in...lol I like the high and no release personally. But I'm going work on getting other shot options into the playbook.

Sorry meant 50 yards and in...lol I like the high and no release personally. But I'm going work on getting other shot options into the playbook.

High no release is good when short sided, not when you have a lot of room. Makes picking your landing spot really precise. I just like having options if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back