Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a RBZ tour 9* with an Epic nano fuse 65S in it. I hit it fairly straight and very long. I also have a 910 D2 with a RIP Voodoo x in it that has a much better low spin low trajectory boring ball flight that I am looking for. The question is if the 910 is extremely more workable and accurate but about 20-30 yards shorter on average which one should I go with. Keep in mind the 20-30 yards shorter is still around 290-300. My swing speed is around 118-120 with my driver. And if I go with the shorter driver its pretty close to my three wood distance. Do i need to back off to a 5 wood to keep my gaps at the top of my bag the same? If I do any switching the pondering on fairway wood options will be outrageous. Thanks for any help!

So as I ponder staff bags for the MC, we get the choice of block or script writing for our names. I am leaning towards block, because most of the tour guys have block, but what do you guys think? Block or Script writing?

I think they both look good, but if given the option I will go with BLOCK. I think it is easier to read and is more common.

I have a RBZ tour 9* with an Epic nano fuse 65S in it. I hit it fairly straight and very long. I also have a 910 D2 with a RIP Voodoo x in it that has a much better low spin low trajectory boring ball flight that I am looking for. The question is if the 910 is extremely more workable and accurate but about 20-30 yards shorter on average which one should I go with. Keep in mind the 20-30 yards shorter is still around 290-300. My swing speed is around 118-120 with my driver. And if I go with the shorter driver its pretty close to my three wood distance. Do i need to back off to a 5 wood to keep my gaps at the top of my bag the same? If I do any switching the pondering on fairway wood options will be outrageous. Thanks for any help!

Sounds like distance is not a problem for you if you're even considering playing a driver that leaves 20-30 yards on the table as compared to another driver. How accurate are you with the longer driver? If you are missing tons of fairways and getting into trouble with the RBZ, then I'd consider going to the "shorter" 910. But if your misses are playable with the RBZ, I think you'd be crazy to leave 20-30 yards on the table by going to the 910.

One option for you: take a round and play 2 tee shots on every hole, one with each driver. See what your score looks like playing 2 balls and whether you do better with more accuracy or more distance. That will help you make your decision. Figure out the driver first, and then your fairway wood choices will be easier.

I think they both look good, but if given the option I will go with BLOCK. I think it is easier to read and is more common.

I'd go script and put my forum name in block. If that's an option...

I'm pondering irons and still pondering the shaft for my 3-wood. I'm starting to lean towards puting the same shaft in it that is in my R11 just up the weight some. But then I think about how great a Kusala Blue or B.Asha 7x could be in it. I'm just a little skiddish on softer tip sections right now..

you could always tip something.. JRod tipped his B.Asha and loves it.

I'd go script and put my forum name in block. If that's an option...

That wasn't an option. But the decision has been made for the Bridgestone boys, and I get the feeling that all of you will see the final result in a few weeks.

The RBZ misses are def playable. I just have to hit one type of shot no matter the hole set up. Its just a high draw, but very predictable and really fairly accurate. The 910 is just very workable and spot on accurate. Just shorter. But playing with both for a round is a great idea. I've been doing work with both on the range, and I like them both a whole lot. That is probably why I am having so much trouble deciding what to do. But your right, a round with both will let me see the difference in real golf situations. And no, i'm not bragging because there are many many many problems with my game. But distance off the tee is not one of them.

That wasn't an option. But the decision has been made for the Bridgestone boys, and I get the feeling that all of you will see the final result in a few weeks.

Gotcha. I think I'd still go script though. I have that on my Players Towel and like it. My name is pretty common, so I don't think anyone would have trouble reading it.

Always looking forward to seeing the MC gear!

True Linkswear shoes. They weren't as "skater" in person as I'd imagined. On a major "street" shoe kick now, just so comfortable. Plus they make 14's and 15's.

Not gonna happen since I just paid of the spring break vacay and have to now save for the Outing, but its a ponder nonetheless.

The RBZ misses are def playable. I just have to hit one type of shot no matter the hole set up. Its just a high draw, but very predictable and really fairly accurate. The 910 is just very workable and spot on accurate. Just shorter. But playing with both for a round is a great idea. I've been doing work with both on the range, and I like them both a whole lot. That is probably why I am having so much trouble deciding what to do. But your right, a round with both will let me see the difference in real golf situations. And no, i'm not bragging because there are many many many problems with my game. But distance off the tee is not one of them.

Could always open the face on the RBZ a little bit too with the adjustability, would drop the loft as well, which might take away a little bit of the draw as well as lower the ballflight.

True Linkswear shoes. They weren't as "skater" in person as I'd imagined. On a major "street" shoe kick now, just so comfortable. Plus they make 14's and 15's.

Not gonna happen since I just paid of the spring break vacay and have to now save for the Outing, but its a ponder nonetheless.

I've got a pair of the black True Sensei, been using them all winter long when I go to the range or the simulator. Once you get over the fact that they don't have much support under your heel (which is the zero drop design), they are pretty comfortable. The only thing I need to do with them is walk 18 holes before I can give them my full stamp of approval, and that won't be happening for a few months. The Sensei shoes are "only" $99, so it's at the lowest price point for that line.

I've got a pair of the black True Sensei, been using them all winter long when I go to the range or the simulator. Once you get over the fact that they don't have much support under your heel (which is the zero drop design), they are pretty comfortable. The only thing I need to do with them is walk 18 holes before I can give them my full stamp of approval, and that won't be happening for a few months. The Sensei shoes are "only" $99, so it's at the lowest price point for that line.
Thank you for that Ary, I was beginning to use the ole search feature but that helps considerably. A lot of people seem to rave about them for sure.

you could always tip something.. JRod tipped his B.Asha and loves it.

Yeah, with it going into a 3-wood so its going to be tipped anyway, just not sure how much. I really am kicking myself, I've let two shafts get away that was on my list of wants for good prices.

Thank you for that Ary, I was beginning to use the ole search feature but that helps considerably. A lot of people seem to rave about them for sure.

I just didn't want to drop the coin on another pair of Ecco Biom's and I wanted a black spikeless shoe to wear to the range and for some cold weather rounds. The only small issue that I've had is that they are very breathable, so they'll actually work pretty well in warmer temperatures, but they don't do a great job of keeping my feet warm when it is cold. They also are not waterproof, but I have a pair of black Adipures for those situations.

I just didn't want to drop the coin on another pair of Ecco Biom's and I wanted a black spikeless shoe to wear to the range and for some cold weather rounds. The only small issue that I've had is that they are very breathable, so they'll actually work pretty well in warmer temperatures, but they don't do a great job of keeping my feet warm when it is cold. They also are not waterproof, but I have a pair of black Adipures for those situations.

All good things to know for sure. I'd love to go Ecco, but they don't make ski's. Sad day.

jeremyheslop had those black ones at the AC Tour Stop. He swore by them. I was a little skeptical but he had no issues that day and it was wet out.

Thinking about the RBZ stg 2 3w.

I can't hit my Razr Fit 3w, but I had a Burner 2.0 I hit pretty well and have tried the RBZ Tour 3w. For some reason I can hit TM fairway woods, but not my Callaway.
Going from pondering to waiting...

Pondering on which putter I should buy. Got it down to a SeeMore PCB nickel finish or the TaylorMade Ghost Spider S. Life is tough. Lol

I'm pondering putters. Bettinardi putters. A PM about said putters would be the greatest thing ever! I'm a mallet guy and he makes fantastic mallets. The new Studio Stock mallet SS15 looks amazing in pictures. It looks like the backside has 2 distinct levels but it just sets up to my eye well. At least from pictures. Dying to see this in person but I have no place near me. A Betti fitting studio in Pinehurst would be a perfect fit

Still pondering Razr X blacks. The set I am buying are 6-AW and I an pondering if I should add a 5i or not. Currently have D, 3W,5W,3H, 4H at the top of my bag.

Still pondering Razr X blacks. The set I am buying are 6-AW and I an pondering if I should add a 5i or not. Currently have D, 3W,5W,3H, 4H at the top of my bag.

Any idea on the gap difference between 4h and 6i?

Any idea on the gap difference between 4h and 6i?

Looks like the Razr X HL 4H is a 24 degree and the Razr X Black 6i is a 28 deg. The 5i is a 25 deg.

Looks like the Razr X HL 4H is a 24 degree and the Razr X Black 6i is a 28 deg. The 5i is a 25 deg.

That 5i looks like it would fit the gapping perfect.

588 rtx mb

That 5i looks like it would fit the gapping perfect.

Yeah I know. Only problem is I really dont want to pay $65 for one and Callaway Preowned doesnt have any. Only 4i and 6i. I will probably just wait and hope they get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back