Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I staring at #9 heads. I can't putt well with them!

It's the Phil factor, Chunky. It will pass. I can't seem to putt with them either, but I always ponder them....

This one might move beyond a ponder...

No, in the golf digest is an insert for golf galaxy, any item that is a gold on the hot list

Just a suggestion, but check out trade in values at GS, they beat the 50% kicker straight up at both GG and PGASS (with the 25% bonus for club members)for my trade in's at least. Not sure how long before they update their values at GS.

I heard from some chubby guy named Phil that the #9's are shaky on 3 footers. Proceed with caution.

My R1 ponder took a turn today and I'm happy with it.

I'm still pondering shafts for the AMP Cell #3 hybrid when I pull the trigger.

I went from full ponder mode on the R1 to purchase today after getting fit. For me it is a low spinning monster.

My R1 ponder took a turn today and I'm happy with it.

Which way did it turn? Should I just go check the What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today thread?

One thing I have been looking at is a driving iron. So I was thinking maybe the Titleist coming out but i wasn't sure what would be better as a shaft. A Fujikura Fuel or KBS C-Taper?

Was finally able to get to a GG and check out the Anser and 913D2 that I've been interested in checking out. Hit the 913 with the Diamana Blue and the Anser with the TFC. Really liked hitting both clubs a lot. Probably intrigued more by the Anser, but would like to hit it with the Blur shaft to compare. Was all set on the Mizuno JPX 825 for a new driver, but might have to put in some more time with all of these and figure it out. Might get the G25 involved as well.

Yes all of your questions will be answered lol

lol, after that post I saw the thread with a last post by J4U. I opened and left satisfied.

One thing I have been looking at is a driving iron. So I was thinking maybe the Titleist coming out but i wasn't sure what would be better as a shaft. A Fujikura Fuel or KBS C-Taper?

Depends what you are looking for. A C-Taper in a driving iron might be counter-productive for the masses, as most would benefit from something with a higher launch...but that would depend on your swing, launch, etc. and what you are looking for in the end. Even Tiger uses a PXi in his 2 iron for (I believe) a little extra launch.

I've read good things about the Fuel in general though.

Last edited:
Was finally able to get to a GG and check out the Anser and 913D2 that I've been interested in checking out. Hit the 913 with the Diamana Blue and the Anser with the TFC. Really liked hitting both clubs a lot. Probably intrigued more by the Anser, but would like to hit it with the Blur shaft to compare. Was all set on the Mizuno JPX 825 for a new driver, but might have to put in some more time with all of these and figure it out. Might get the G25 involved as well.

Seems like quite a diverse selection of drivers. Are the 913 and 825 drivers less forgiving than the two Pings?

Seems like quite a diverse selection of drivers. Are the 913 and 825 drivers less forgiving than the two Pings?

I think they're all on the forgiving side, with maybe the Anser the less forgiving of the bunch. I was recently fitted and we settled on the JPX 825, but at the time the place didn't have these other drivers. It was forgiving and was getting a lot of consistency out of it. Distance is probably the only thing I'm concerned about with it.

VR pro combos with Nippon shafts. That sounds like a good idea right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back