Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled this today at the PGA SS

a2abenu4.jpg
e6eby8am.jpg
6uvydeny.jpg

One of the softest inserts I have ever rolled. Sooooooft soft.

What'd you think?

One of the softest inserts I have ever rolled. Sooooooft soft.

What'd you think?

Same thing actually! Although I enjoyed the results. Really liked the roll it put on the ball. This is much softer that the WHP insert I just sent 5 months with but something about this insert I liked much more. My complaint with the WHP insert was feel for lag putting so most of my putting at the PGA SS with this one was 20ft+ putts. Super SOFT but enjoyable in a way

I've played the VTS and the Fubuki Ax in my past 2 hybos. Enjoyed them both but slightly prefer the Buki. Mainly because it has ninja stars

I've played the VTS and the Fubuki Ax in my past 2 hybos. Enjoyed them both but slightly prefer the Buki. Mainly because it has ninja stars

Ninja stars are, indeed, badass Chunky. That's a fact sir!

Seems like a slightly higher ballflight as well but that could also be due to the different heads. Slight nod to the buki in feel as well. Of course all IMO

Ninja stars are pretty badass.

I'm going back to my TM hybrids with the Matrix Altus shafts. The J40 hybrids were nice, but went a little more left on me than I'd like. Plus I had been playing Altus shafts in my hybrids for about 2 years apart from playing the C.Kua 83 last year for the MC. FWIW, I didn't find the C.Kua 83 to be low launching, more like a mid launch.

Pondering Stitch Golf headcovers, mainly for my hybrids. I've got Rocket Tour hybrid headcovers right now, but both of them have little holes in them. I actually like the old school look of the Stitch Golf stuff.

Love this ponder as its one I'm having right now too.

Ninja stars make everything more badass

Ponder over. Bought a new putter today. Went with the Odyssey pro type black #9. I think I hit every putter in golfsmith multiple times and kept coming back to loving the feel and look of this putter. Hope it follows to the course!

View attachment 10867
View attachment 10868
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376429748.999822.jpg

I'll let you hit my J40 2h with whatever I end up with in it too.

Thoughts on that hybrid? It can be had for real cheap right now.

Thoughts on that hybrid? It can be had for real cheap right now.

I have played the 3 & 4 with stock shaft (PX with flex of 5.5 for me) and love it. Very very solid club with a great look at address combined with nice turf interaction.

Once I got used to them, I really liked the J40 hybos. My only issue with them was that I couldn't hit a draw at all. Needed that shot just once...

Something for an 18*. PX is no bueno for me traditionally. I used to have an extra VTS but I've got no idea what happened to it sadly.

Nunchuk? Are you looking for more off the tee or wanting higher launching softer landing?

I have played the 3 & 4 with stock shaft (PX with flex of 5.5 for me) and love it. Very very solid club with a great look at address combined with nice turf interaction.

Does it look bigger than most hybrids at address?

Does it look bigger than most hybrids at address?

No, not at all IMO. Jman just took my J40 4h home with him but would probably snap a pic next to the XHP hybrid for you.

No, not at all IMO. Jman just took my J40 4h home with him but would probably snap a pic next to the XHP hybrid for you.

I can snap this pic

Pics are of Cally Razr XF, Cally XHP, and J40

Address pics are left to right:
XHP/Razr XF/J40

J40's are basically a cross between the XF's and XHP

Thanks Chunky, I would but I'm wrist deep in epoxy right now installing some iron shafts for someone.

He really should learn to do that himself.

Says the guy that needs help with everything. :)

DSC04708_zps5d9843ca.jpg

Amp Cell vs. J40

I am a big fan of both of these hybrids.

He really should learn to do that himself.

Says the guy that needs help with everything. :)

Up next? Repairing someones dremel.

DSC04708_zps5d9843ca.jpg

Amp Cell vs. J40

I am a big fan of both of these hybrids.

Add in the Adams S and you have my 3 favorites out there by setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back