Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering if I should extend my build set of irons to +1/2 or leave them stock?

I've fit into +1/2 multiple times but not going longer means I'll loose 1/2to1 club distance wise which isn't a terrible thing

Couple ponders for me. One is a SS 3.0 for my SeeMore FGP and changing the SS on my DelMar from a 5.0 to a 3.0

I don't know why, but I change my grip from time to time from the interlock grip to the baseball grip with my putter. And with a 3.0 it is more comfortable with both grips

SeeMore SB2c in the market place! Pondering HARD!

Just got back from testing a bunch of stuff and wow BERTHA has me won. Both driver and 3w were just clicking. I absolutely could not hit the sldr stuff worth a damn and I tried a bunch of options. I hit the Bertha 3w as far as I was getting the sldr to work haha. I need both of those clubs bad right now

I'm pondering shipping a golf bag from VA to WA.

Anyone know the best and cheapest way to ship a golf bag. I have a lightweight stand bag that I wanna ship and the cheapest way I can find is like $40!
I've heard, but haven't tried it yet, that FedEx Ground is the best way to ship bags.

I'm pondering over a new set of wedges.

Just got back from testing a bunch of stuff and wow BERTHA has me won. Both driver and 3w were just clicking. I absolutely could not hit the sldr stuff worth a damn and I tried a bunch of options. I hit the Bertha 3w as far as I was getting the sldr to work haha. I need both of those clubs bad right now

Nice! A ton of love for both Big Berthas this year. I was just the opposite. Went to the store specifically to hit the BB line and walked out with an X2 Hot driver. I'd be pondering the 3W if I wasn't hitting my Stage 2 so well lately. Golf is a funny game...

19* Bio Cell hybo.

Its been a few days since I threw that up here. Hahahaha

Nice! A ton of love for both Big Berthas this year. I was just the opposite. Went to the store specifically to hit the BB line and walked out with an X2 Hot driver. I'd be pondering the 3W if I wasn't hitting my Stage 2 so well lately. Golf is a funny game...
X2hots were a very solid offering as well. Callaway just flat out surprised me as I'll admit I'm kinda a TM ho. Bertha stuff was the best overall today for me tho, sldr stuff disappointed me

X2hots were a very solid offering as well. Callaway just flat out surprised me as I'll admit I'm kinda a TM ho. Bertha stuff was the best overall today for me tho, sldr stuff disappointed me

I thought the SLDR FWs were solid. Nothing crazy long, but very consistent distances. I can hit the driver fine but didn't like the distance loss on off center hits. Callaway has definitely got some killer gear out right now.

19* Bio Cell hybo.

Its been a few days since I threw that up here. Hahahaha

That would fit in a gap I'm looking to fill myself (I think), guess I'll add it to my list. How does it compare to say...the 588 hybrid?

That would fit in a gap I'm looking to fill myself (I think), guess I'll add it to my list. How does it compare to say...the 588 hybrid?

Longer overall for me, launch is similar, its accurate as well but to me that is where the 588 shines the most.

Longer overall for me, launch is similar, its accurate as well but to me that is where the 588 shines the most.
Agree completely on the 588. I've only swung it a handful of times, but that thing just wants to go straight.

Now that I don't have 14 new clubs coming, I've expanded my "fill the gap" search with clubs other than Cleveland--but they are also very good.

Agree completely on the 588. I've only swung it a handful of times, but that thing just wants to go straight.

Now that I don't have 14 new clubs coming, I've expanded my "fill the gap" search with clubs other than Cleveland--but they are also very good.

The hybrids are sleepers, I finally got to hit the fwy and it was a lot of fun too, the drivers this year though missed the mark for me, which is honestly surprising given the past few years. But, a big part of the drivers the last few years is at Nike now too.

Pondering putting my 4I back in the bag after loitering in the i25 thread. May have to happen for the practice round at OC.

I thought the SLDR FWs were solid. Nothing crazy long, but very consistent distances. I can hit the driver fine but didn't like the distance loss on off center hits. Callaway has definitely got some killer gear out right now.
Yeah sldr fw wasnt too bad, I should of specified I meant sldr and sldr s drivers. Not a good fit for me

Wilson M3 irons. Hit them at EW today and like the feel quite a bit!

Wilson M3 irons. Hit them at EW today and like the feel quite a bit!
Free NeXus stand bag with purchase online (in case you didn't see it).

Free NeXus stand bag with purchase online (in case you didn't see it).

I guess I could sleep with the bag when my wife leaves me!!

I guess I could sleep with the bag when my wife leaves me!!
She wouldn't leave you. She'd just take the bag. And the new clubs.

Post MC ponder, the mini driver thread got me thinking about it, when my wife and I played the other day I hit her ladies AC (14*), could be a fun and CHEAP experiment to grab another and reshaft and cut it down to about 42". If nothing else, could be good for some laughs.

Post MC ponder, the mini driver thread got me thinking about it, when my wife and I played the other day I hit her ladies AC (14*), could be a fun and CHEAP experiment to grab another and reshaft and cut it down to about 42". If nothing else, could be good for some laughs.

I actually think you will be surprised by it. I sure as heck was. I think it got a bad rap before many had hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back